Shareasale in UK
    I was wondering why SAS do not branch out and recruit UK Merchants in their Network. I deal with a few UK Affilliate Networks but they are not up to the standerd of SAS. I have a .co.uk Site and have to searh USA Sites that have Worldwide Shipping as standard to satisfy my UK Visitors. I notice that Linkshare have a few UK Merchants and I am sure if SAS operated in the UK they would become a Leading Affiliate Network in a very short space of time

I think your query is misguided: ShareASale already welcomes UK-based merchants and affiliates. With a quick search, I found six merchants with .co.uk domains (CBmobile, MagicWorld, EggNation, eMasters, HousePals, and FloridaProperties [yes]), and I know that at least several other merchants are also UK-based.

If you're asking about aggressive recruitment and sales pitches by SAS staff, I don't think they provide that for any market. While CJ and LS are focused primarily on sales (earning money from new merchant signups and minimum-monthly fees), SAS seems to focus instead on providing good service at reasonable prices.

ABW Ambassador
    Mobal Communications as well.

I am not disputing that SAS have a Few UK Merchants what I was trying to convey was why do they not have a Network based in the UK dealing with UK Affiliates and any USA Affiliates who are interested in selling to UK Visitors

I don't think it would make sense to create a separate network; SAS serves many markets, including merchants in many different countries; these merchants have affiliate managers & OPMs in many different countries; these merchants ship to many different countries; these merchants have affiliates in many different countries. Creating a separate marketplace for one country's merchants, affiliates, or consumers would simply create confusion, in my opinion.

Welcome to the World Wide Web.

As a US affiliate targeting primarily US visitors, I certainly look for merchants who are either based in the US or who can serve US customers well; if I created a site targeting visitors from another country, I would look for merchants who are either based in that country or who can serve customers in that country well.

It would be nice if ShareASale did provide a way to search for merchants who ship to a particular country (I can't find this in the "advanced search").

ABW Ambassador
    I know Linkshare and CJ have UK networks but it is a pretty big undertaking to do. I was hoping to see Tradedoubler in the UK try out the U.S. market but was reading in the latest issue of Revenue Magazine that they didn't have any plans at this time for that and how hard it is.

"It would be nice if ShareASale did provide a way to search for merchants who ship to a particular country (I can't find this in the "advanced search")."

That would be a good suggestion. Not only ship to but merchants based in the UK for those wanting to promote UK merchants. Not sure how many are in SAS. But if there are UK merchants at SAS, have a section just for them with a link to them so they're easy to find.

edited to add. I do see some if you put in uk into the basic keyword search. Some based in the UK merchants, the others look like they ship there.

Thanks for your comments. While having no problem finding Merchants for my .com site
    I find a lot of Merchants do not ship outside the USA. I spend a lot of time searching for Merchants Sites on SAS who Ship Worldwide to include on my niche .co.uk Site.

Do any of you Guys residing in USA promote UK Merchants?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread