Dropped by BestBuy
    Can anyone help?

We were dropped when they moved to cj.com.

Not so happy

Thanks, Gina

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Send their affiliate manager an email explaining how your business works and that you used to be an affiliate of theirs. If you don't get a response, call them. If you do something illegal or unethical or against Best Buy's terms & conditions with your website, well, there's nothing anyone can do to help.

Thanks Spacedog!

Already emailed them - patiently waiting. No really a phone person. I guess I need to work on that.

My site is squeeky clean. They should have no problems.

Sometimes email is not very reliable as a means of communication (false positive spam being filtered, people never reading their mail, wrong address not being updated on CJ), so you may have to bite the bullet and call. I know what you mean, as I used to hate calling companies when I had a problem I needed resolved. But I've learned to be assertive over the years. If you're not able to find the affiliate manager's phone number, try calling Best Buy's main corporate number and ask to speak to the Marketing department. Good luck... if your site is clean you should hopefully get this resolved.

Well, after a year now - I am gonna take your advice & pick up the phone and start calling a few of the bigger programs that have turned me down. Can't figure it out. I have many Fortune 100 retailers on a clean, custom site. And, then there are a few that just keep turning me down.

Thanks for the nudge spacedog!

No problem! Have you checked your "web site settings" tab in CJ's account manager (under the "Account" tab)? It's possible that your promotional methods (e.g. if you have "email marketing" or "software" or even "search engine marketing" selected, or have a different country in the "targeted area"), your website description, etc, are somehow putting up a red flag to potential merchants. Or they are not what the companies may be looking for.

Many affiliates on this forum have reported that when they get turned down, they are able to easily convince the merchant to accept them simply by sending an email explaining their marketing methods and telling the merchant a little about themselves. Or if the email goes unanswered, calling the merchant can work too. Many times the declined application is pretty much a quick decision by the merchant based on 1) web site settings and description not what they want, or 2) when they go to your URL, they make a quick assumption that your site will not be good for promoting them. You can tell them exactly how and where you're going to use their banners/text ads on your site.

As for making phone calls to assert yourself, believe me it is worth it. Sure, it doesn't work every time. But it *will* work in most cases that you have a good valid point to make. And believe me, just the feeling you get from being assertive over the phone to someone or some corporation that has done you wrong (even if it's a minor wrong like declining your application) is very powerful. Well worth it.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    This is yet another program managed in house by CJ. There is no merchant contact info.

Did you have sales with Best Buy when they were with BeFree?

Actually, we did have sales w/bfree. Which is saying a lot since our launch was late last year and we were just finding our way with very little ppc or other promo. Traffic came from on unsolicited NBC story on thanksgiving night which was an unbelievable twist of good fortune. Don't ask me how that happened - luck is all.

Just an update that I am back in business!

I just got an updated offer in cj as a result of an email I sent last week.

Thanks everyone!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread