Results 1 to 3 of 3
August 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM #1Rocky Mountain Affiliate Marketing Association 08-17-2007
Please read the article titled "Old Dog, New Tricks" on page 36 of the July/August issue of Revenue magazine in preparation for this month's meeting.
Rocky Mountain Affiliate Marketing Association
Lunch– 1 o’clock sharp The Dodo at the Gateway (Directions )
Meeting– After lunch at Progrexion corporate offices (Directions )
General Housekeeping – Crystal Cupak
• SES San Jose - August 20-23, 2007 - San Jose, CA
• DestinationCRM 2007 – August 21, 2007 – New York City, NY
• Affiliate Convention – August 27-28, 2007 – Montreal, Canada
• RetailVision - September 4 - 7, 2007 - Phoenix, Arizona
• Commission Junction University (CJU) - September 09-11, 2007 - Santa Barbara, CA
• Blog Business Summit – September 17-19, 2007 – Chicago, IL
• Shop.org 2007 Annual Summit - September 17 - 19, 2007 - Las Vegas, Nevada
• Affiliate Summit London – September 28, 2007 – London, England
• Online Market World Conference – October 3-5, 2007 – San Francisco, CA
• eComXpo – October 9-11, 2007
• ad:tech New York - November 05-07, 2007 - New York, NY
Industry News and Happenings:
• Recent Acquisitions:
o Yahoo acquired RightMedia
o Microsoft acquired aQuantive
o AOL acquired ad:tech AG
o WPP Group acquired 24/7 Real Media
o Hearst acquired Kaboodle (social shopping engine)
Association Business – All
• Accounting update – ’07 Membership Dues
• Summer Activity – cancelled. Discuss new use for funds.
• Need a location for November’s meeting – Volunteers?
• RMAMA Site - rmama.com
• Vendor, Affiliate Visit or Case Study
Case Study – Company / Member Profile
• Individual profile
o Pedigree, Interests, etc.
• Company profile
o Describe UVP, partnership opportunities, etc.
email Marketing 2.0 –Discussion of Revenue Magazine Article, July/August issue, page 36
• The value of user generated content (UGC)
• Sophisticated viral marketing
• Leveraging video in email
• Including social media tools (“digg this”, “add to del.icio.us”, etc.)
Current Members – Overstock, 1-800-Contacts, Agents of Value, AffiliateCrew, Doba, EAccountable, AvantLink, Backcountry, NewspaperGrl, Franklin Covey, CirrusData, PS Web Solutions, BentGear, HobbyTron, BMarketer.
Discussion points - All
• Recent Successes / Failures
• Utilizing newsletters / email creative for affiliates
• 2-tier programs
• Using podcasts for communications, marketing, and current events
• Open Discussion
• Next meeting - Friday, September 21st - 1 to 4p.m. (MST) Location - 1-800-Contacts
• October – Friday, October 19th – Doba
• November – Friday, November 16th – Location TBD
• December – Friday, December 14th – 1-800-Contacts
RSVP at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/R...ys?id=12627077
August 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM #2Next RMAMA Meeting September 21st at 1-800-Contacts
If you are interested in attending or being added to the mailing list please sign-up at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RMAMAa...guid=271407578
August 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM #3RMAMA Meeting on Friday, August 17, 2007 Meeting Notes
CJU is coming up and a group of RMAMA members are planning to meet for dinner. Please let us know if you plan to attend. It looks like we're going to have 5-10 people there. We met at the Gateway for lunch at the DoDo and then headed to Progrexion.
New attendees, Welcome to:
Steve Spencer of Twelve Horses
and Ryan Christensen of Mvelopes.com
We shop talked about the industry and then talked about email strategies.
Old Dog, New Tricks
Web 2.0 breathes new life into email campaigns, making them a great and reliable marketing tool.
By Alexandra Wharton
The discussion was based off the article above that was in the most recent Revenue Magazine. It talked about how the average open rate is 5% but of people who do buy off emails, spend 138% more. Also, many are sending email with user generated content, in other words, from their own customers. It mentioned that ABestWeb had an email function but no one was familiar with it. I'm curious about RSS to email and how to make that painless.
Do merchants allow affiliates to use email marketing? They usually have to compare lists so they don't overlap or send email to people who have opted-out on the merchant's list. How many affiliates build their own list? The consensus was that there is always some degree of monitoring going on if the merchant knows.
We were wondering how to get more affiliates to attend - should we make the meetings free? If you're on this list and you're primarily an affiliate, please voice your opinion.
The Utah New Media Conference
October 18th (Thursday) at the Miller Business Center from 1-3pm. RMAMA member Janet Meiners is speaking on beginning business blogging with Paul Wilson. Steve Spencer is one of the organizers and he helped get Seth Godin to Utah (you really missed out if you weren't there - it was quite compelling).
Next RMAMA Meeting September 21st at 1-800-Contacts. That means you can have all you can eat cold cereal for lunch - or order from the cafeteria. Hope to see everyone there.
- Janet Meiners, RMAMA secretary
By Chuck Hamrick in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 1Last Post: December 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
By Chuck Hamrick in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 2Last Post: December 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
By Chuck Hamrick in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 2Last Post: October 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
By Chuck Hamrick in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 0Last Post: June 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM
By Chuck Hamrick in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 2Last Post: May 14th, 2007, 10:33 PM