Frustrating being dropped...again.
    Arg, you build pages, write and write copy and tweak and work those PPC ads until you get everything just so, making money and then BAM, you get dropped!

First my best converting program up and goes bye-bye, now one of my decent perfrming campaigns is dropping me too cause my leads, while they aren't bad or ill-gotten, aren't participating like they want them to.

Just when I was on track to reach my goal for this years commission, along comes a big detour or two.. I am frustrated clear up to eyeballs...just venting guys. And starting to brainstorm on some more effective approach to what I am doing. Or maybe a different venture all together...

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Need multiple sources of income and not be dependant on one merchant for your entire income stream.

I feel for ya, desertrose. No matter how many streams of income we have, it never gets easier to know that we've flushed work down the drain for a merchant. Mind if I ask who dropped you? Chin up and better luck with the rest of your merchants!
    -Sharon

CPA Network Rep
    Man do I know THAT feeling! Don't be afraid to step outside the box in terms of your other ventures. You may even find that you're much better at something you'd never considered.

My strategy is to plant a variety of "crops". I just keep planting and then based on the "season", one or more of the crops will yield progress and that's my cue to focus more on it.

To give you an idea of the variety you can work in to the rotation, here's what I'm up to right now: launching a new online publishing company, heavy real estate investing, launching a new weight loss product, working at my "day job" and keeping my resume updated and circulating.

What's great about this approach is that most days I have something to look forward to. There's always something new happening in at least one of my "crops" and that keeps me motivated. It also helps a lot when things don't go as planned. When that happens I have other promising avenues to keep my spirits up.

Good luck!

Been there, done that... just starting to recover from the last time that happened! I've been diversifying, but it's hard, when you've built up one stream, to see it slow to a trickle before you get another stream going. I'm not giving up though!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Snagajob was the dropping merchant. I bear them no ill will mind you, I can see where they are coming from. I just hate to see hard work just go to waste like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    Arg, you build pages, write and write copy and tweak and work those PPC ads until you get everything just so, making money and then BAM, you get dropped!
    I know how you feel about being dropped from a program in general.
    I build pages and write copy [this alone can be time consuming in terms of what the webmaster wants the site to do and in terms of how the webmaster believes the site should appear] but I don't PPC. That must feel awful!
    I'm surprised an affiliate program would drop you if your campaign was successful. Sometimes I've been dropped prior to "activating" the actual pages, the rejection is still a downer and I feel that my time and efforts were wasted.

I empathize with your situation and offer a
    Last edited by Rhia7; August 16th, 2007 at 11:22 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    Snagajob was the dropping merchant. I bear them no ill will mind you, I can see where they are coming from. I just hate to see hard work just go to waste like that.
    They a lead program? Those in particular have to certain conversion levels after the leads comes in. Still sucks to be dropped though. I hope they offered to work with you to improve results before just pulling the switch.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ADesertRose,

Napoleon Hill wrote, “Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do.”

“More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step *beyond* the point at which defeat had overtaken them. Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach.”

Keep pressing, stay positive, and don't give up!

Thanks for all the hugs and kind words and inspiration! I am gonna keep on keeping on.
    And no, I got no offer of help before they gave me the axe, just an email saying I was being served the obligatory 10 day notice CJ required of them before they ditched me.

Hey gang,

One thing I suggest is when you're using PPC or other methods to drive traffic, send them to a lead capture page of your own.

Then, if you are ever dropped from another "program", you still have your own opt-in list to market to.

Hope this helps! I'm new here, but not to the net...and I look forward to meeting
    and working with you all.

Moving Forward!
    Ken
    Last edited by VideoSyndication; August 21st, 2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: posted sig link

I'm just getting started, and have only a few comparison sites. But this has me thinking from now on I should pick a program I like and build the site first, then sign up.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by scm21st
    I'm just getting started, and have only a few comparison sites. But this has me thinking from now on I should pick a program I like and build the site first, then sign up.
    What happens if you do that and the merchant rejects you when you try to sign up with them.

If that happens you sure have wasted a lot of time for nothing.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

New here but reading and learning volumes from all the treads here. Wished I'd of found this forum 4 years ago! I am in the "crop" planting stage now, and the wait an see method to see which Merchant gets the highest yield, then I will as you all have stated, work hard to market those that are bearing the absolute best fruit.

There are some great posts here, I am glad I joined in here.

Kindest Regards,
    Richard Fulk

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    What happens if you do that and the merchant rejects you when you try to sign up with them.

If that happens you sure have wasted a lot of time for nothing.
    Well, I haven't experienced that scenario yet on SAS, but that's a good point. I guess I'll qualify my last statement by saying the program must be "auto-accept".

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Lead programs are like that. If you do really well, but they do not get their ROI for reasons out of your control, they dump you. Often times it is just a matter of your site not being quite the right fit, even though it produces leads.

Get some content sites going - this provides a nice balance although I must confess I would be up the creek if Google AdSense went belly up now. I am working on diversifying as well.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I don't know much about snagajob or your site, but can you switch out your links for a similar merchant like nettemps, or careerbuilder (I don't know if they even have affiliate programs)?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread