The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Removing Expired Links
    I remember posting a while back that some merchants have 2 active available links, and page after page after page of expired links that were originally dumped there by OrangeLinks

And that Perfomics mentioned that they were working on a fix

Any updates?

so... er.... performics moderator...

start moderating

bump

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Get links is currently getting revamped and a new way to get links will be release in early Q4 as a beta version. This beta version will resolve this issue because expired links will not be available and thus you won't have to sort through all expired links. Additionally, we will give you a warning on links that are about to expire by noting that in the UI (x days before this link expires).

Hope this helps.

sounds great actually

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    sounds great actually
    Sounds like all of their other "Coming Soon" (to a theater near you) statements that never do.
    (i.e. Target BYOL 4 months and counting)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Actually... they've come a long way since even 2 years ago

Like Linkshare, it's always babysteps... but they do move in the right direction

And hopefully they realize that there are people like me who stopped updating links because it's too much of a hassle to wade thru 5000 expired links hoping to find a current one, and they realize that everyone -the affiliate, the customer, the merchant and performics - looses when this happens

ABW Ambassador
    Reporting Expired Links
    Speaking of features that do not exist. I really like the CJ report that shows broken links from my site. Since I don't like to click on my own links, I could be running expired links that I don't know about. I try to check links once a year. I hate when I find broken ones.

I think also we had talked about the possibility of letting us know if customers are clicking on expired links and if so what page they are clicking from ( similar to the CJ tool)? Is this something that may be in the works too? Thanks

I know that's a feature I've been suggesting recently to all of the networks who don't have it. I think they're all working on it now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We plan on displaying information on expired links generating traffic within ConnectCommerce in Q4.

Thanks!
    DoubleClick Performics
    Last edited by DoubleClick Performics Moderator; September 11th, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleClick Performics Moderator
    We plan on displaying information on expired links generating traffic within Connect Commerce in Q4.

What year?

<sorry, couldn't resist>

It is planned for 2007.

ok, I'm bringing up an old post but couldn't find anything from searching to help me

Noticed a banner wasn't showing the other day so thought to myself.....hmmm wonder if it could be expired and that's the reason?? So, I went to check at Performics and nope... it wasn't. Whatever problem was, it's working ok now.

Outa curiosity, tho I ran a report to see if it was working ok and umm have a feelin I'm gonna sound like a dummy cos you all realize this but .....noticed a whole bunch of the little yellow triangles (expired links)

Ran the report for the last year (said it was Jan 07 - Dec. 07) and a whole bunch of the little triangles are showing. Question is.....how do I tell if those are links still on my site?? (meaning if they are then I've got a bunch of expired links that have to be changed) Or.....could they be links that were on my site at one point but are no longer on my site??

Is there any way at Performics to find out if any expired links are on my site similar maybe to how the other networks show invalid links??? I don't know if all those showing little yellow triangles need to be changed or not

Noticed a banner wasn't showing the other day so thought to myself.....hmmm wonder if it could be expired and that's the reason?? So, I went to check at Performics and nope... it wasn't. Whatever problem was, it's working ok now.
    I've had that same problem with PFX banners, I clear my cookies and internet files and they work again! I have no idea why this happens (though I probably should).

Also just wanted to mention that SAS also has an invalid links report you need to check it every day though as it only reports for the past 24 hours.

"I've had that same problem with PFX banners, I clear my cookies and internet files and they work again! I have no idea why this happens (though I probably should)."

hmm think I do remember a post about that somewhere now that ya mention that.

Yeap, do know about what SAS has and is really good for lettin a person know if they have links not workin. and CJ shows ya if there have been any clicked.

Don't know if there is a similar way to find out about the Performics links or not, tho??? Anybody know of a way???

Hello,

The exclamation mark flags indicate expired links. You should remove those links. Advertisers typically send newsletters when creative expires and new offers are available. You can run a report to view current links in use:
    Reports>Creative>Links

In addition, you can review your active links, select display all results per page, and view the links with flags. Get Links>By advertiser>My active links. Expired links will be flagged and in red. Then click on the link name to view the link.

How would you like to be notified of expired links?

Thank you,

Jamie

Thank you very much Jamie for replying to my question. Think I understand everything you're saying. There isn't any way to find out about all of the merchants at one time tho is there??

To be honest, I don't know which is the best way to be notified about this. SAS has an option where each day you can check by just clicking "Invalid links" and if there are any it will show the list of what they are. To me, at least that's a pretty convenient way to do things since it just takes a fraction of a minute to do each day when I log in there. Most days there aren't any invalid links, but least when there are I know which they are.

I've known about the active links. Originally had done a report since one banner wasn't appearing. (been another post about clearing cookies, etc. so that evidently was relevant to it) That's when it got me wondering tho after seeing all the little triangles how would I know if links had expired.

Again, thank you for replying to my question, I appreciate it

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread