Amazing AdWords.
    Short story shorter, 4 days ago I created a new ad campaign. Then I went to Google, searched for my best keyword and found my ad too far from the first page. Raised it to 72 cents per click (not a magic number, just a number), found my ad on page #3, and then I clicked on it. Then I waited for Google to report that click and the real cost.
    Then I saw 1 click, but... for a different keyword! So I thought somebody else clicked on my ad, while searching for the other keyword. In an hour I paused the ad and waited some more. 2 days layer my stats didn't change, same one click. So I check in my Apache log and yes I see the only click that came from Google, and it was the keyword I thought I was searching on, but Google never reported a click on that keyword, but a click on the other! No other clicks in the log, there was nobody else clicking on my ad but me.
    So, I clicked on my ad while searching for one keyword, but got charged for a click from a search for a different keyword! Amazing!

P.S. The CPC was the same for all words in that campaign. Maybe that is why Google didn't bother to report it correctly? Beats me.

have you mailed to Google for an answer?
    Perhaps they can check what's wrong with your adword.
    I am also curious about the message Google will reply to you.

[sig removed]
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; September 4th, 2007 at 08:31 AM.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread