If I could ever get PM privileges...
    I'm on abestweb a lot, it's a great resource. What's frustrating is, I have a PM waiting for me in my inbox, unread, that I'm unable to read. Apparently not only does the PM privileges affect outgoing PM's, but also incoming PM's from people with authorization to send PM's.

Anyway, is there any quicker way to get PM privileges? When I post, I've offered constructive information. I also attended the Affiliate East convention, so obviously I'm not going to do anything to negatively affect the integrity of my company.

On top of that, I have a serious issue with an affiliate network that I need resolved. Email to the network has gone unresolved. Someone affiliated with the network is active on these forums, so being able to PM this individual to straighten this situation out is critical.

If anyone has any tips for me, I'm all ears. Abestweb is a great resource, I just wish I could utilize more of it.

Thanks,
    Dustin

They will come with time. That's all I can say. Most vets here know that you can't get them yet, so I'd be surprised if it was from an established member.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks Noth, I guess I'll continue to be patient and try to contribute more around here. I've read some of the other threads about PM privileges and realize it has nothing to do with quantity of your posts, but more the quality. So I guess all I can do is try to provide quality content and discussions of ideas.

I really should utilize the midnight cafe more often anyway. I'm always busy late at night trying to throw some last minute code together, so this would be a nice way to break things up and clear my head. Maybe that's how I'll start contributing more.

Thanks,
    Dustin

As frustrating as it may seem, imagine what chaos it would be if all 36,000 members had PM priviledges right away. It's hard enough to stop the spam in the forums, though the mods do a great job. If they had to police PMs everyday too, it would just be silly.

So, as is the case in the rest of life, the bad ones make it harder for the good ones.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Who ever sent you the pm needs to look at your post count and realize you couldn't get it. If it was important, they will try and reach you another way.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Talk to mods and the admin, they will be able to do an exception, since you seem "nice enough"

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    Talk to mods and the admin, they will be able to do an exception, since you seem "nice enough"
    Lol, you obviously don't know me very well!

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BargainJack
    Lol, you obviously don't know me very well!
    Does this mean that you are not a really nice guy............or that you have already asked for special priviledges??????
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread