Affiliate for a cooking site
    Hi, it's me again. Ive been away for sometime. I am made a website thats sort of like an e-cook book. Just a site with recipes. Can you recommend some advertisers that I can put there? Or the types of advertisers that I can sign up for, I think cooking is kinda limited. Any suggestions? Altho I am thinking cooking site is good for a coupon but you guys know better

Cooking limited...?

No, no, no, cooking can be huge! Start out with the obvious cookbooks and branch out from there. Think past that though, well past. You've got knives, cookware, cutting boards, specialty herbs and spices, hard to find canned goods, stuff for throwing a dinner party, cocktail sets, take cocktail party into "how to host a murder" type games, back to the kitchen you've got window herb garden kits, specialty oils, kitchen scissors, sharpening sets, even cleaning supplies (check my sig for a merchant with 4000 to chose from), cooking sherry, wine (don't forget wine), good beer, booze, steak, lobster and other stuff to cook, etc, etc. The list of potential products is endless.

Think past datafeeds and widgets and doodads and select products and merchants you think fit the kitchen, from farm kitchen to gourmet. You've got a really broad spectrum to work with, so don't ever feel limited. Find the products you think would sell and work backwards to the advertisers that carry them.

Best of luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    "I am made a website thats sort of like an e-cook book"

http://www.ecookbooks.com/

I think you should put some google adsense there and start promoting it.Search on google for advertisers, you won't find directly you want but search a little deeper.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Calib
    I think you should put some google adsense there and start promoting it.Search on google for advertisers, you won't find directly you want but search a little deeper.
    Just don't contact any of the Adsense advertisers.

There are a few appropriate programs that have forums here: CyberCucina for gourmet ingredients, furniture merchants, and AM Navigator has a forum for a merchant who delivers full course meals.

But the thing is, my content came from old cook books and recipe's from soup/cream cans you know the old ones. Do you think I will have a problem with that?

Hello Marketingnoob!
    Please allow me to introduce CyberCucina.com's Affiliate Program to you. Check it out here. Have a look at our ABW Forum.

Drop me an email with your site's domain, I'd love to have a look.

~Bob

WebWorker: Thanks for the mention

Sure, I'm just not putting it publicly yet since I wanted it to have atleast ten pages. I think I'll get that done within the day

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi there,

I was going to post about Rainmaker's CyberCucina.com program but he's beat me to it (and so he should have!). While I'm here though, you may want to also try RedEnvelope.com (they sold gourmet fully prepared meals to your door when I last checked), and LobsterGram.com (fresh live lobster deliveries). Can't speak to the ethics of these programs mind you, just that I know they're food related. I was an affiliate for LobsterGram.com years ago and got some decent traffic thru their links but as I've been busy being an affiliate program manager all this time can't quite speak to the sales end of things since I didn't have the time to focus on the affiliate end as much as I'd have had to if I was serious about making sales.

There are some decent wine programs too that would likely go well w/ your cookbook site. Good luck!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread