Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I've suggested before that we boycot merchants and never got much of a response.

I'm suggesting again that we diligently boycot merchants here and I'd like to start by saying
    I cannot find a better suggestion than Overstock as a first traget.

Pull your links and send an most importantly send an email stating you have done so.

I've already pulled my links here so I can't help. Anybody who wants to participate or make other recomendations I'll gladly follow with pulling their links and "I don't care how much money I make of that merchant". We just need a couple of good ones to make examples out of initially.

Step up to the plate if you're willing to participate and if someone has suggestions I'm willing to follow.

Getting control of the parsite issue will not be done by Haiko, the networks, the COC or anyone else and we don't have spend tons of money and wait years for lawsuits to get resolved.

We as a group can make an impact but only if we support each other and I suggest that it's time for affiliates to stand together on this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've suggested before that we boycot merchants and never got much of a response.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Shawn could I please get your datafeed so I can make a killing off this boycott?

Affiliate Manager
    Absolutely. I'll cover the $250 cost for you for the Merchandiser datafeed via LinkShare.

Also, I'd be more than happy to create a custom datafeed catored to whatever you want in it...

801-947-3119 - Please give me a call or email me your phone number and I'll call you!

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    poon,

Can you guarantee me that a boycott of merchants that affiliate with the parasites will result in the merchant's terminating all their relationships with said parasites? Also, since there is 500 merchants with ebates alone, not counting all the other companies out there, can you guarantee me that by boycotting all of these merchants when I'm just left with a handful of merchants of participate with, that this is not going to effect my competiiveness on the Internet as a whole is such a way that I'm not basically running my business into the ground and shutting the doors. Am I going to be able to generate enough revenue to keep my doors open from these merchants (and exacly who is left, do you have a list please) to offset the revenue that I'll be losing from those visitors who do not have the software on their computers?

If you can guarantee me these things, then I'm on board and sign me up!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

NO wonder this is happening!

Shame on both of you to post this kind of shit here!

Heyder and Shawn

I am so sorry for both of you for having a lack of decency and moral and if you need some good heart let me know and I be willing to share you mine!

you can't take your dollar to the grave and you will be remember as on of the dirt in the society!

Shame on both of you!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

I took a stance a long time ago and have supported those merchants who have stopped working with parasites. I'm happily working with TigerDirect and a couple of other merchants who are not visitors to ABW. If for any reason a merchant I use became affiliated with parasites I would quickly remove them.

Heyder, and Shawn,

VERY INAPPROPRIATE!!! SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU...

Shawn, an affiliate manager could not more unprofessional!!!

If you, too, didn't like Shawn's attitude against its affiliates, you can try to contact his managers at:
    corporateinfo@overstock.com
    and let them aware of this.

--------------------------------------------
    HappyPoon and others,

I think there are some positive improvement behind all this, including the "Exclusion List" thing. I suggest we wait until the end of January, and see what happens.

Secondly,
    If we're starting a one merchant boycott, we should give parasite-free alternatives to that merchants.

Alternatives OverStuck at eBates are (that I know of):

Amazon.com - link to bargain and deals section
    NewBargains.com (LS)
    ClearenceWorld.com (LS)

TigerDirect - for computer related items

Please list the others you know.

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH

I cannot guarantee you that a boycott of merchants that affiliate with the parasites will result in the merchant's terminating all their relationships with said parasites?

I can tell you this has been an issue for well over a year and the looks of enforcement of terms of agreements by the networks has not been honored and I strongly suspect the COC will not be enforced and that further even if it was enforced as it is stated, the results will continue to be many lost sales and commissions to parasites.

I recognize that pulling links is not an easy thing to do and I don't suggest you try and pull links from 500 companies at once.

I gauarntee you this - companies that are targeted and have their sales negatively impacted will be forced to re-evaluate their position and have to explain the lack of sales from the program to the higher ups and it will likely impact that earnings.

I can gurantee you that by negatively impacting a single companies earnings we will influence that one merchants position on parasites and then I would suggest we target another and another.

Obviously, you're not stupid and neither am I. I know you're very aware of the issue and want to get it stopped as much as I do.

Take the proposal for what you want and particpate if you feel it is a worthwehile thing to do.

I can tell you this - I sacrificed my OS links a while back and I got more sales from the areas I pulled them than when they were listed on my sites. I sent overstock around 900 clicks and only got 3 sales and that was after a couple of days that a sale from my sister didn't show up. I talked with Shawn personally and the next day - three sales showed up......

Does this smell fishy to you? All this was happenening when Shawn was boasting an average of one sale in every 48 or so clicks.

Overstock in my case was milking off sales not giving credit for them and taking sales from popups and stealing sales away from my other merchants.

Was I better off after I pulled them? you betcha. Can I guarantee the same will happen for you? I can't guarantee it but in my opinion, no-one has the ability to better fight this issue than affiliates who stand together and act as a group.

I wish you and every other affiliate the best of luck and income making opportunities but recognize you must make your own decisions!

Obviously, there will those who undermine the effort but thats to be expected. The ball is in your court - do as you please.

ABW Ambassador
    If you dont want to participate in the boycot formally, please call Shawn and have him pay the $250 for the database feed.

Shawn sign me up to please!

Did you seriously write this? WOW! There is no way in hell I will every promote your company, ever. Unbelievable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn@Overstock.com:
    Absolutely. I'll cover the $250 cost for you for the Merchandiser datafeed via LinkShare.

Also, I'd be more than happy to create a custom datafeed catored to whatever you want in it...

801-947-3119 - Please give me a call or email me your phone number and I'll call you!

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Shawn,

I am speechless. How unprofessional.

I guess while I am pulling links off my site today there is one more I need to add to the list.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Well everyone I think you should realize Shawn was kind of trapped by this one. Don't blame him for something I started. The only reason for all of this was because of the low mentality that started this thread to begin with. Honesetly I should have just locked the thread rather than participate. However I will proudly sell overstock.com from many many websites and will make a lot of money doing so.

Affiliate Manager
    I would do the same thing for any of my affiliates. How is this unprofessional?

Let me get this straight - it's OK for you to try to boycot Overstock publicly on ABW, but it's not OK for me to try to conduct business? Not sure I understand why that is unprofessional...

If you look at the Overstock.com forum, we are in the process of creating custom datafeeds for any of our affiliates that would like to use them.

Additionally, if any affiliate comes to me and asks to have the Merchandiser DataFeed, I have covered the $250 cost of the datafeed. I will continue to do that for any and all affiliates.

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've suggested before that we boycot merchants and never got much of a response.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Shawn could I please get your datafeed so I can make a killing off this boycott?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heyder, this is the best idea you've had yet.

I have access to the OverStock Merchandiser datafeed. Absolutely no way I will be taking it down now.

Shawn, I know my $30k in sales monthly isn't much, but it looks like things will soon be improving.

Pete

Wow Pete

I hope to join in those 30k ranks very soon

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    OK folks, Look at your posts, they are turning into a pile of cr*p again.
    Making personal attacks against people and merchants here does nothing and accomplishes even less. Picking out one AM just because they happen to be a part of ABW and try to help us earn more makes no sense to me. I don't see many posts talking down to the 500 or however many merchants who in bed with the parasites. This is an issue across all of the internet not just one AM. I could get real long winded about this type of posting going on but I won't.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Walleye - I was beginning to think I should have won the "Official ABW Whipping Boy" award...

Just kidding, just kidding... Just trying to lighten up the mood around here.

So, how 'bout those Raiders? Gannon is the man, huh?

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, boycotting merchants won't have a whole lot of effect, unless you are supplanting their links with a competitor. Take Overstock, for example. As you can see, there are an abundance of affiliates who will sell for them, regardless of their various relationships. If you could redirect all your traffic to a competitor of Overstock's, well then you might affect them - especially if you track sales and relay that information to Shawn's superior. But simply pulling links and eliminating the traffic won't work, as it rewards the 'mememe' crowd.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

How about this:

We first get the free data feed, build some sites, generate a lot *more* sales, then BOYCOTT. That'd be effective.

Walleye,
    Your post is big piece of cr*ap. Noboby picked on Shawn out of 500+ AMs. He stand up himself. And, I think he's big boy can take care of himself.

"Boycotting a merchant" is not limited to removing their links. There are tons of other ways. And you don't need an army of people, just a few good ones.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the tone of your post did not come off as well as you may have hoped shawn, i for one and i am guessing others did not know you made a general practice of giving out data feeds for free.

While this is being decided in the courts - where it will be decided one way or another, boycotts aren't high on my list. Though i am very against giving these people any benefit in court by helping them.

OS has some unique items that only they have at their price. So the decsion anyone has to make, will the revenue you generate offset the issue of working with someone who works with ebates. I do not think boycotting a merchant is the right tactic, because at the end of this - i want to be on the side of the merchants, us together against parasites or whatever evil we can fight while wearing our cool capes.

Now if shawn would only answer my question sent to the os affiliate team in ls mail...

Chet

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your post is big piece of cr*ap. Noboby picked on Shawn out of 500+ AMs. He stand up himself. And, I think he's big boy can take care of himself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I didn't stand up and ask to be boycotted, and quite frankly I don't think I deserve that, but people will make their own decisions about what they need to do. I'll still support any and all affiliates that are in our program, and I'll still work to get TopMoxie in compliance.

And, yes, I'd like to think that I'm a big boy... at least that's what my mom keeps telling me.

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

I'm officially joining this OverStock anti-boycott, partly in reaction to the vast amounts of cr*p that have been posted at ABW over the last 24 hours or so.

40k OverStock sales last month (with the LinkShare feed I paid for), just bought the script to set up a new database-driven OverStock site this month, and - if we can sort out a couple of wrinkles - I'll start paying for a co-branded site too.

I'd like to see some credentials being posted by the people who think they can lead opinion around here. I'm tired reading strident posts that lay down the law - only to find out later that the poster isn't actually in anything that could be remotely called an affiliate business.

Are you Crazy?

Welcome aboard CrazyGuy

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the support, guys! I smell a wicked bonus program launching for February...

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Welcome aboard CrazyGuy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    LOL. There's 3 of us now Heyder. Safety in numbers. (why do I suddenly have 'the safety dance' running through my head.. that'll be there for weeks now)

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast