CJ Customer Support asleep at the keyboard?
    Myself I sent in a trouble ticket and normally I get a response within a few hours, no more than 2 days. I am not expecting a reply until sometime today though it now has been a few days.

However, after checking my personal e-mail box this morning I have flooded (at least 8-9 if that constitutes a flood) with inquiries from other affiliates (people I know) saying the CJ has not responded to their e-mails or any Contact Us form. Some date back over 7-10 days ago.

I understand that CJ has been busy fixing things and insuring plenty of downtime for affiliates, but this is a bit unusual since some of these folks usually get quick responses (within reason) from CJ when they ask about something or have an issue.

Anyone here currently have an outstanding ticket or e-mail with CJ with no response in awhile?

They are busy overwriting your cookies.

I've had a similar problem getting a reply from CJ. Does anyone know if they have a turnaround time for replies via email? I know there's a number to call, but I can't seem to find it now.

ABW Ambassador
    Last week, I got a response in a day from an email I sent through the BeFree system which is handled by CJ customer support, but the response was absolutely useless.

CJ used to send an autoresponder saying you'd get a response within 72 hours. Do they still do that?

You get the auto-responders still, but that's about it. The thing is I contacted CJ a few weeks ago and got a quick response like I normally do (as do the others that contacted me).

This last week though it's NO response from CJ at all.

Either the CSRs are tied up answering "why can't I login" or "is the server down" or "why don't my links no workie" types of support questions, or they have fallen asleep and their noses are stuck between the G and H keys and they are unable to reach up and hit speed dial to get a hardware technician with a pair pliers to free their nose hairs and snot glue holding their face.

OR perhaps they are just ignoring me (and the others) for the hell of it...

I haven't worked with CJ since this past winter, but I don't really understand why there have been so many recent posts about problems at CJ recently; nothing I'm reading sounds "new," except for the AT&T/Comcast DNS issue last week.

Personally, I have never received any "timely and competent" response to any affiliate/publisher-support inquiry to CJ (or LS). Over time, I learned that I simply should not expect support from CJ (or LS) under any circumstances; only the in-house affiliate manager (or non-network OPM) for a program could actually resolve problems I encountered. And eventually, for a variety of reasons I've shared in the past year, I stopped working with CJ entirely (I'd stopped working with LS much earlier, and only added Perfomics and Kowabunga to my "no-deal" list this summer).

Other affiliates (publishers) claim to get excellent support from CJ; I think it's a sort of "chicken and egg" problem, where some affiliates who have strong sales can get support, but those who haven't proven themselves to CJ can't get the support they need to succeed, and of course CJ advises merchants to remove low-performing affiliates so it's a vicious circle. I assume that CJ merchants must continue to draw some successful new affiliates somehow, so apparently my experience isn't universal.

Of course, it's likely to be a "self-fulfilling" situation: my pessimism about the competence of CJ, LS, and Performics support have led me to be somewhat blunt (and more recently, hostile) when I did seek support, and perhaps that bluntness and hostility has in turn led the companies to seek out opportunities to discourage me from continuing any relationship with their clients.

None of the networks has ever expressed the slightest disappointment at my decisions to end my relationship with them (which is understandable, since without competent support I never drove substantial revenue through their systems; I've driven only a few dollars in commissions for LS in the past 8 years, and I've never posted an active link through Performics; I think that during 2006, my CJ account accrued less than $1,000 in commissions, almost all from a single merchant).

Well, my personal inquiry was answered. If you don't count the weekend it was answered within 24 hours.

That still leaves the others out in the cold. I e-mailed each and the ones that responded still have gotten NO answer (most via e-mail) from CJ even though a trouble ticket was created.

So I ASSume there is still some issue.

Talking
    So -What's new?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Well, my personal inquiry was answered. If you don't count the weekend it was answered within 24 hours.
    There are enough legitimate complaints here. We don't need unnecessary complaints because you fail to read the autoresponder which clearly says that you'll receive a response within 3 business days. Yes, I'm fully aware that doesn't always happen but that wasn't the case with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    There are enough legitimate complaints here. We don't need unnecessary complaints because you fail to read the autoresponder which clearly says that you'll receive a response within 3 business days. Yes, I'm fully aware that doesn't always happen but that wasn't the case with you.
    Whoa there! I didn't fail to read anything. I brought this up because of the folks contacting me they haven't gotten a response from CJ in 7-10 days, far beyond the scope of the the auto-responder.

Read my OP and subsequent replies to see I wasn't concerned for myself, but to have so many associates contacting me asking if there was a problem with CJ and getting a response when they usually received a response in a timely manner that was usually within CJ's own stated guidelines.

So this thread is NOT unnecessary at all. I still asked (and asking) about a legitimate concerns with CS at CJ and see if others might have noticed a change within the last 10 days.

In addition I am seeing that it's mostly about e-mailed inquiries and not ones using the Contact Us form.

I am sorry if you don't feel my words are worth a shit.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread