Mortgage Lead Affiliates
    How are your numbers since last Thursday? I had a really poor weekend and today is starting out bad too. I usually average several hundred a day and mad less than half that over this past 3 days. I'm wondering if this is fallout from the Countrywide disaster. Thoughts?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    You think? Countrywide is the tip of the iceberg. The US subprime lending scandal is affecting markets worldwide and the situation is very volatile right now.

If you make most of your money from mortgage leads, the party is OVER.

Start concentrating on bankruptcy leads that's where the market is shifting to.

They reckon there will be SEVEN MILLION home foreclosures in 2008.

ABW Ambassador
    If you're doing PPC, with those numbers you are in for a huge loss. Do a search on Ameriquest in this forum.

I don't do ppc at all. All of my traffic is from organic search...Thank God! Fortunately, I stopped dealing with Ameriquest last December so I don't have any money due from them that I will never see.

First..
    Quote Originally Posted by babyann65
    I usually average several hundred a day and mad less than half that over this past 3 days.
    Then..
    Quote Originally Posted by babyann65
    I don't do ppc at all. All of my traffic is from organic search...Thank God!
    Well, this will be out of character for me.. but if you can generate that many leads or even half that many that are real, non-duplicate and fresh, the mortgage crisis that is swirling around, won't affect you.

Yep, subprime is in the toilet, prime lending is struggling... but there are outlets that are still looking for good leads. Business is still being done. Even subprime is still being done, although the crazy stuff that was going on is over.

You will not get $70 a lead, but with that volume you can still make a nice living and if you're not having to pay for it, any revenue is a profit.

What most of the newbie mortgage people are missing is the easy money on slamming A minus and B plus credit borrowers through subprime underwriting. The new focus will become FHA, although it's more strict and has some loan limits that are an issue, it will be the saving grace for many.

The industry is currently trying to get serious mortgage professionals to learn the process and get up and running.... those that were in it for a quick buck, let them go away.

With the mass exodus in the industry, I'm considering going back into it next year... just hate to give up everything I've learned here about affiliate marketing.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I was a mortgage broker for 10 years and fell into the affiliate marketing business as a way of generating revenue for leads that I received from states that I was not licensed in. I retired from the mortgage industry last year to do the affiliate marketing full time. Google has been good to me as I have 5 high quality mortgage lead generating sites which rank highly for certain highly searched mortgage related keywords. I would think that the lenders still in the game would need quality leads now more than ever thus keeping the mortgage lead generation affiliate programs alive. Time will tell.

It's time to take your affiliate marketing to the next level, do direct deals with lenders. contact some of the larger banks and brokers and see if they will buy direct from you. I'm sure you'll find several that are interested.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread