ABW Ambassador
    To all those who are running to join Haiko's list, Please post all your URLs (domains) here now. Because this list will be included on every computer that d/l the ebates software, and no encryption is 100% crack proof. And as I posted in the other thread but Haiko CENSORED, there are places that will crack 128 bit encrypted files for $450 in 30 days. So please, save everyone the trouble. Just post your urls here now, cause eveyrone will have them anyways as soon as the list is distributed.

(but don't worry, because Haiko says he's going to sue everyone who cracks the list!)

We can't put together one suit against one evil parasite but Haiko is going to sue everyone who cracks his list. I sure wish I was as rich and legally connected as Haiko seems to think he is.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

AffJus

Here's one to get you started:

http://www.if-you-dont-want-to-be-on...-just-dont.com

Are you Crazy?

Girl you can't fight against this when it is supported with others and the parasite that we have been fighting with.

Doesn't this make us all laughable from the Parasites view?

The frustration of people that know's the difference of right and wrong is really overwhelming!

You know which side you are on GF and no need to be targeted!

I applaud those that stand up and fight!

Don't give up!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Affiliate Manager
    First of all, and I'm not saying this is happening right now because I don't know, but there is nothing stopping anyone from keeping track of a list of all referring urls. I mean, theoretically, eBates could capture a list of all referring urls for all traffic they know about. If they were to do that, then they would already know your urls.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here so please don't blast me for asking this... but, what's the big deal? Theoretically, they could be tracking referring urls right now, which means they already know all of your urls.

I think people are getting way to paranoid over someone knowing your domain name. My question is simple - who cares, really? You could create a spider that could go out and gather a list of all affiliate domain names right now. You could begin capturing a list of all referring domain names right now. The Internet contains this public information that anyone technically savvy enough could easily procure on his or her own.

So, what’s the big deal if someone knows your domain? I just don’t understand why this is such an issue…

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, its silly. We don't post our URL's on ABW, because we divulge other personal details and don't want that matched to domain names. (At least I think that is why..)

The thing that does bother me is why is such a big deal made about this supposed encryption (in the pitching of this list solution), which is obviously BS, and totally meaningless? I just don't understand that.

It either shows ignorance of someone who proposed the "encryption" in the first place, or, a deliberate attempt to deceive. Neither leaves me feeling very comfortable.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are gaining commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertisng, and your targeted mailings?

it's not a question of if they know your urls or not, they already do!

With the tech savvy they have now,
    I am not too smart on tech right now, but if they can create such a thing like overwrite wouldn't you think they already know?

So why would they want our domain?
    Why would they ask for it?

When they can easily fixed it on their own on their tech savviness to not overwrite anyone!

Why would we or you or Haiko have to deal with them when they can just easily do it them selves if they want to stop parasitic tactics!

They are the one that manipulate our hardwork they should be the one fixing it if they really really want to get it in the right way!

The point is they know that they have the control over you, Network and Merchants!

it's give me your wallet or I will shoot you!

The robber says it millions of times!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AffJus:
    To all those who are running to join Haiko's list, Please post all your URLs (domains) here now. Because this list will be included on every computer that d/l the ebates software, and no encryption is 100% crack proof. And as I posted in the other thread but Haiko CENSORED, there are places that will crack 128 bit encrypted files for $450 in 30 days. So please, save everyone the trouble. Just post your urls here now, cause eveyrone will have them anyways as soon as the list is distributed.

(but don't worry, because Haiko says he's going to sue everyone who cracks the list!)

We can't put together one suit against one evil parasite but Haiko is going to sue everyone who cracks his list. I sure wish I was as rich and legally connected as Haiko seems to think he is.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay let's stop being silly. To crack 128 bit encryption does not take 30 days. Do the math or search the Internet for yourself: "For comparison purposes, let’s use a (so far) non-existent computer that can guess 1 trillion (1 followed by 12 zeroes) keys a second. On average, it would take around 2 million million million (2 followed by 18 zeroes) years to guess the key." (souce).

Besides, what people keep referring to is not encryption it's a called a hash. Basically you take a string such as "secret" and apply some math on it and come up with something like "d687b840b9a24d7ff4". This is one way -- in other words you cannot take the result and find the source string. How can we know for sure? MD5 and similar algorithms have been used for tens of years in UNIX and similar systems and still haven't been cracked. The only thing that can be done to crack hashes is to guess strings, hash them and compare them to a previously computed hash. If it's the same then you know the password (or domain name in this case).

That being said I'm against the concept of the list as it stands now. I'd be much more in favor of implementing what spiders and robots currently use when getting pages, that being either a META tag (per page) or a robots.txt file (per site). As it stands, if I have an affiliate site at geocities.com/xxx then I can't join the list because I don't own the domain name. If I have to supply each page at the site to Haiko that will take forever. This isn't right -- it only provides protection for big affiliates!

ABW Ambassador
    So just give them the list of encrypted Overstock affiliate urls and tell them not to take your affiliates' commissions (they could get this from their log files too).

This is starting to look so bizarre:

1. they cannot fix their program to not overwrite affiliate links,

2. they cannot successfully make their program ignore aff links on pages with affsrc=1

3. but they can if they get a list.

The list is safe and encrypted, but Overstock won't protect all its affiliates.

Can you at least send an email to your affiliates so they know about the magic list.

ABW Ambassador
    yes its a hash. But in order for it to be of any use, there has to be an encrypt and compare done, and, at that point, you can have knowledge whether or not the URL is on the list....

What that means, I don't know, but, it would be trivial to take a list of 69,000 URL's and compare against this list. We were doing this ~30 years ago on unix passwd files, I think its not a big deal to do today.

This is why I say its meaningless.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are gaining commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertisng, and your targeted mailings?

Affiliates dont post URLs because if they did the less honorable would soon copy the pages and use them as thier own. This is not to say that an individual can't find the sucsessful affiliate sites the issue is making it easy.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

Another reason people don't post URL's is because many are NICHE sites. Some members gloat how they have found a niche for now and are doing well with it. GREAT... That's capitalism and I love it. IT's nobodys business what my URL's are so don't ask me for them.

Don't trust anyone with YOUR money.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Okay let's stop being silly. To crack 128 bit encryption does not take 30 days. Do the math or search the Internet for yourself: "For comparison purposes, let’s use <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You go do the search. I already did and that's where I got the info I posted. Haiko keeps deleting my post, saying it's "warez" information which is total, pure BS. Goto google, search for "128 bit encryption cracked"
    It's the first one. $450 and 30 days. Yes, it's a different application, but the fact is, it can be done.

Now hit the back botton to google and then go down to the 8th one. Then click on the link that says:

Click here for a list of cracked encryption systems and links to those who cracked them.

there is a list of encrpytion systems that have been compromised. It's just a LIST HaIKO! A FRiCken LIsT!

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

AffJus,

Your posts are now moderated!

The two posts that contain cracks hacks and warez and now a blatant call for another violation (I realize sarcastically but still on an unsecured url) is justification enough for such action.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread