Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    10 Things I Want to Do
    I read a story in Sports Illustrated a few years ago. I won't bore you with the details of the story other than to say it was about a very driven, successful lady who decided in her early 20's to write down 10 things (goals) she had for the rest of her life. She did not want the years to pass without having a targeted list for her to remember. The article really focused on her goal of becoming a cheerleader for an NFL team, which she did in her late 30's.

So, I thought, I would ask all of you what 10 things do you want to make sure you get done in your short time here on earth?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    I read a story in Sports Illustrated a few years ago. I won't bore you with the details of the story other than to say it was about a very driven, successful lady who decided in her early 20's to write down 10 things (goals) she had for the rest of her life. She did not want the years to pass without having a targeted list for her to remember. The article really focused on her goal of becoming a cheerleader for an NFL team, which she did in her late 30's.

So, I thought, I would ask all of you what 10 things do you want to make sure you get done in your short time here on earth?
    Wow, just 10 huh? I could give you hundreds, but most of those would be pretty superficial.

How about 1 goal repeated 10 times and that would be:

1 through 10. Be a positive influence in somebodies life.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall

Hm, I don't think I have 10.

1) Get rich enough to never have to care about getting more money--and to live VERY WELL (no frugality in the plan)
    2) Medically defeat aging--none of this "short time here on earth" malarkey for me (unless hit by the proverbial bus or something)!!

Of course, there are other "pick this up along the way" goals:
    (In no particular order)

* Make like NetShops, with the gatrillion merchant sites and millions of bucks
    * Spend a night or two in a Four Seasons Penthouse suite (I've read that it's about $2k/NIGHT!)
    * Get another dog
    * Move to FL, new place with LOTS of land
    * [later] Change from initial FLidian 1-story house to 2 or 3 story manor w/elevator (won't move up until I can get the elevator! Stairs suck!). Of course with lotsa land, none of this "giant house on a postage stamp" crap like is around here!
    * Remind people that "not happening immediately" does not equal "not happening!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I want to --

speak French fluently,
    spend a summer seeing a baseball game at every MLB stadium in North America,
    learn to sail (a real sailboat, not some dinky little Sunfish),
    visit Italy,
    learn to crochet and knit,
    learn AMESLAN,
    take cooking classes,
    spoil my husband,
    take photography classes,
    volunteer at a fossil dig

Neat thread.

http and a telephoto
    spend a month in australia
    spend a month driving across the US on a photo trip
    travel whenever I want
    photograph where ever I want

there's more... but they are not publishable
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I want to:

1. Dive the Great Barrier Reef
    2. Play golf at Peeble Beach & St Andrews
    3. Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary someday
    4. Stop depending on others for my design and code needs
    5. Coach grand kids playing sports (when I have some .. first one due in February!!)
    6. Figure out how to help poverty stricken gifted students
    7. To better understand why God tolerates man
    8. To barbeque the perfect T Bone
    9. To finally be the man my wife deserves
    10. To have a million shoppers in our various mall sites

Whew...that was harder to come up with than I thought.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Right now I have two. Get out of debt, and not have to borrow another month's rent.

And then save up enough money to go to Disney World.

Ok, three. I have three.

Oh...and be able to do some needed work on my 'ole truck.

Ok four.

Ah...yeah -- just four at the moment.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

All I really want and need, is to finally see that big worldwide party celebration some time this year.

http and a telephoto
    One thing I *really* want to do before I die (and this was something Chris and I planned together on the weeks when the NY State Lottery was super high and we would do that "what would we do if we won" planning):

Through a party for all of my friends from around the country, and not tell them. Just have a limo show up at their door with a note to pack light and get in the car. The limo takes them to the airport and the driver hands them their tickets. Then when they land another limo picks them up and takes them to the party.

Total surprise, totally taken care of.

Would take a heck of a jackpot to be able to do it, but hey, it's on the list
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Coming up with ten meaningful goals for my life is pretty hard - the insignificant, shallow ones are really easy though. Here's ten superficial goals that are still real goals for me, while I take the time to think of the SERIOUS goals in my life.

Here we go (in no particular order):
    1. Become a better parallel-parker than my brooklyn born-and-bred husband.

2. Learn hebrew so I can finally catch my mother-in-law when she's talking about me in her native tongue.

3. For one whole year, never miss a birthday, anniversary, christening, baptism, holiday, bar/bat mizvah, or any other milestone of my family and friends. For once, I would clear my calendar just for those events and not miss celebrating a single one!

4. Get through 1 hour boot camp at my gym without passing out and/or dying.

5. Learn how to crochet (or is it knit?) my grandmother's quilt patterns so I can make blankets just like her. Addendum to this: learn the difference between knitting and crocheting.

6. Get through one homemade dinner without destroying the kitchen, my clothes, my hair, and my sanity.

7. Prove my mother wrong - just once. If it can even be done...

8. Get a sense of direction (without the use of my GPS!)

9. Get an answer from my cable company about when the technician will ACTUALLY come to service my house. No more of this 9 - 12, 2 - 5, 7- midnight crap.

10. Play a sport, any sport, without looking spastic (is that still a word?).
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

1. Get all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

2. Have 30 million dollars a month given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

3. Gain encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.

4. Revenge against my enemies.

Ok, those really aren't goals on my list. I stole that from Steve Martin...

I only have one goal right now and that's to be able to make a living at AM so I can spend more time with my family. Once I get that one crossed off the list, I'll add more.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread