As if you need another reason to avoid screensaver sites...
    But this kind of encouragement is exactly why.

http://www.bluehatseo.com/how-to-make-a-100-per-day/

(intentionally not linked)

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

http and a telephoto
    Google is running cpa ads for a site that has screensavers "that serve up images via downloadable software". Stopped me in my tracks. I wonder if G knows what they are promoting?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Can you explain to the new guy what the problem is with screensaver marketing? :-)

Thanks!
    Ken

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoSyndication
    Can you explain to the new guy what the problem is with screensaver marketing? :-)

Thanks!
    Ken
    Do you know what parasite ware is http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...screensavers.?

They use free screen savers to download adware, spyware, and other programs that re-write the affiliate id and steal our sales.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I saw this post this morning. As I have thought about it. The concept is actually a good one, the implementation is where it goes wrong.

The concept: give the public something they want, a product or service, at low or no cost. Certainly will drive traffic to your site.

The bad implementation: use a parasite to monetize the traffic/product/service.

The good(?) implementation: monetize the traffic/product/service with ppc ads, cpm ads and perhaps sponsorship of the product/service.

In this example, instead of adding bundled parasiteware, create a small ad on the pictures or even have one of the images be an ad for a sponsor. Use the traffic to generate cpm income. Create a mailing list of users to notify them of updated/new screensavers.

Not sure that any of this would work, just pointing out that you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Take something of value and then tweak it to work in an acceptable manner.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    I saw this post this morning. As I have thought about it. The concept is actually a good one, the implementation is where it goes wrong.

The concept: give the public something they want, a product or service, at low or no cost. Certainly will drive traffic to your site.

The bad implementation: use a parasite to monetize the traffic/product/service.

The good(?) implementation: monetize the traffic/product/service with ppc ads, cpm ads and perhaps sponsorship of the product/service.

In this example, instead of adding bundled parasiteware, create a small ad on the pictures or even have one of the images be an ad for a sponsor. Use the traffic to generate cpm income. Create a mailing list of users to notify them of updated/new screensavers.

Not sure that any of this would work, just pointing out that you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Take something of value and then tweak it to work in an acceptable manner.
    What you say is true. They could be used for good - but - I don't think that they are.

All I've ever heard of them being used for is to download parasiteware.

They like to target kids using the computer.

One of my son's computer would hardly run at all. His kids had been downloading free screensavers and all of the other free crap.

I ran an anti-spyware program and it found 1,900 items of adware and spyware on his computer.

Once it was all removed his computer ran fine again.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread