Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager kabronbingham's Avatar
    ifrogz is Closing our CJ Program
    Hi Everyone,

ifrogz is closing our Commission Junction program effective October 1, 2007. We are making this change to help you become more successful in our program.

We are giving you a month so I hope this will give you enough time to replace your links with our Share-A-Sale links. You can join through this link http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...rchantID=10446.

As an incentive for you to transfer. Any affiliate that joins our Share-A-Sale program before October 1, 2007 and creates 5 sales I will credit $50 to your Share-A-Sale account. All you need to do is E-Mail your CJ Name and your Share-A-Sale Name to kbingham @ ifrogz.com and I will credit $50 to your account.

Any Questions / Comments / Concerns let me know.

Thanks

Kabron Bingham
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

W: 435.774.4568
    E: kabron at ifrogz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know anything about you guys, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say nice job on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bpal
    I don't know anything about you guys, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say nice job on this.
    This is a good thing.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yep bpal, definitely one of the ones you're speaking for. nice move.

however, i spot checked a few bho parasites and after checking just 3, see ifrogz in both ShopAtHomeSelect and iGive. Got lots more improvements to make.

Your right Donuts, we have a ton of those sites on our CJ program and that's why we are closing it. I am new to this industry so I had no idea what Shopathome and iGive were doing. I came across a post here and found most of those sites on my program. So that's why I am closing CJ.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

Moved to the CJ forum.

Moving to SAS !! Clean up the parasite ware and we'll all be happy campers.

Kabron, I'm glad to hear your reply! Congrats on your enlightenment, I sincerely mean that. Welcome in from the dark.

Since poachers won't be nabbing credit for sales they didn't really introduce or earn, your reports will show fewer sales in the affiliate channel, but you'll be doing better for iFrogz overall and your other channels won't be getting cannibalized by cheaters. Plus the % you pay SAS is less and you won't be paying your network for falsely reported sales (as you have been doing elsewhere). As a performance marketing manager, I hope your boss (or who ever influences your pay) realizes that in this case, declining sales reports is a very positive step for the company, for your other channels and for your aff channel as well, plus your company's overall profits will be higher. And, when affiliates see they can get paid for promoting you (instead of stolen from by some rotten BHO), they're more likely to join and promote you. Recruiting real affiliates that add value is much easier when the decks are cleared.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you for your support Beachcom. He have been parasite clean on Share-A-Sale from our beginning, its just CJ that attracted all the Sites. And on October 1 will be 100% parasite free.

Thanks Donuts. Its nice to be the light. Your absolutely right our Revenue will drop but I value great relationships with affiliates more than scam orders. I can't measure the dropped Revenue because most of the Orders were being stolen from our SAS affiliates and our SEM campaigns. So I probably won't lose too many orders. I can't wait to see our results in October.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

Quote Originally Posted by kabronbingham
    I can't wait to see our results in October.
    Don't forget to share your results with us in a few months. It should be a great example to other merchants on how running a clean program helps the bottom line.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thats a great idea. I will plan on posting around November.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

Will you be removing Google Checkout?

I wish. Let me ask and I will get back with you. I don't think too many people buy with it so it shouldn't be a big issue.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Will you be removing Google Checkout?
    Is there a problem with that checkout?

Dan

Not to my knowledge. We turn off the option for customers coming from an Affiliate to use Google Checkout. So there should be no problems.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

Quote Originally Posted by Dan367
    Is there a problem with that checkout?

Dan
    Well it is supposed to be ok, and I LOVE ifrogz... but my sales went from steady to a trickle the day it was added. Maybe it is just a coincidence, not sure. (they also added the CJ program around that time too if I recall correctly, so could have been that)
    Last edited by Anne; August 21st, 2007 at 08:08 PM.

They have a sharp looking site.

Anne, I have no idea what could be going on. With the new site we launch on Monday I hope to have the Google tracking working. But I don't see how you would be losing any sales. the customers are not seeing the google checkout button.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

ABW Ambassador
    I just actually looked at what this site was selling. Freakin' cool! Nice site. I like how it let's you see how things look before you order.

known parasite list
    Kabron,

Where is the thread for CJ parasites you mention above, have not seen that yet. We're behind you in changing over to SAS for many of the same reasons.

Donuts - what is your process for finding parasites?

Phil Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by Ehphil
    Donuts - what is your process for finding parasites?
    Seems like a simple enough question, but it's not. I have many sources and they range from simple to extremely complex. They also range from internal information I can collect myself and information I get through various third parties. This is a very wide ranging topic.

However, for iFrogz post above, I just checked 3 BHOs - they are well-known here and most publish a list of the merchants they publically acknowledge partnerships with - iFrogz was listed there at 2 of them. When a merchant has the obvious and easy things wrong, there's little need to dig further.

In the case of iFrogz, it seems they're headed out from under the black cloud that was formerly raining on them.

Your right Donuts, we have a ton of those sites on our CJ program and that's why we are closing it. I am new to this industry so I had no idea what Shopathome and iGive were doing. I came across a post here and found most of those sites on my program. So that's why I am closing CJ.
    Kabron - While I understand where you're coming from, why didn't you just kick the parasites out of your program and keep your CJ program? It sounds like there were other issues at hand (in addition to the parasites and fees).

Since you have a program both in CJ and SAS, I was wondering which network has more value to it, just from being listed in the merchant directory? Also, how do you find the quality of affiliates compare between the two networks? I've never dealt with SAS on the merchant side before, so I'm curious.

If we were to kick out the parasites and move on we would be paying CJ the $500 minimum each month. So that was a main concern. Also I will be leaving the company about the same time of the switch, so it will be easier to train/brief my replacement on just Share-A-Sale.

Most of our longterm relationships have been created through SAS. There is a great group of people on SAS. I think if I were a merchant I would start with SAS. The barrier of entry is smaller and the fees longterm will save you a great deal.

Ehphil,

I just was cruising through ABW and found this post http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90865. And also found this website http://cjclassaction.com. Once I dug a little deeper I found that most of the companies that CJ has been supporting were in my program. For example iGive, E-Bates and ShopAtHome.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

ABW Ambassador
    If we were to kick out the parasites and move on we would be paying CJ the $500 minimum each month. So that was a main concern. Also I will be leaving the company about the same time of the switch, so it will be easier to train/brief my replacement on just Share-A-Sale.

Most of our longterm relationships have been created through SAS. There is a great group of people on SAS. I think if I were a merchant I would start with SAS. The barrier of entry is smaller and the fees longterm will save you a great deal.

Ehphil,

I just was cruising through ABW and found this post http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90865. And also found this website http://cjclassaction.com. Once I dug a little deeper I found that most of the companies that CJ has been supporting were in my program. For example iGive, E-Bates and ShopAtHome.
    I am not an ifrogz affiliate, but I'd like to offer my take on your comments here.

"If we were to kick out the parasites and move on we would be paying CJ the $500 minimum each month. So that was a main concern." If that is really your MAIN concern, I think it is misplaced. While the other reasons you state are certainly valid concerns, especially the one about having to avoid training your replacement in two separate programs, I have a hard time believing that the $500 wouldn't be worth it. To substantiate that statement, taken as a whole, what percentage of your CJ affiliate sales come from the three parasitic programs you've listed? I certainly acknowledge that those three aren't the only parasitic programs, but your post suggests that the problem is much bigger than what other industry sources say it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm opposed to parasitic practices just as much as any hard working legitimate affiliate but I'm not one of those who likes to suggest that it accounts for 40% or 50% of sales.

If your MAIN concern was the parasitic issue, then you'd kick out the parasites.

That being said, it is nice to see some ancillary impact on CJ resulting from the class action, but it's important to analyze how significant the impact really is on your program. From a financial perspective, the other reasons you stated should be why you are leaving CJ, not because of the parasitic issue because I don't believe it is as substantial as you may think it is without crunching the real numbers of your affiliate program.

Snowman, CJ continues to promote the BHO parasites as great partners, in fact, they assign people within CJ to promote them to their merchants. Does you believe their stance is a reflection of their ethics? If so, does it make you wonder about their practices more broadly than just the parasitic BHOs gamesmanship?

While it is possible to run a clean program within any network, if you were a merchant, would you choose to do business with any network that doesn't strive to make it easy to do so? If you would work with networks trying to stack the odds against your profitability, then what is the redeeming value you see in taking such steps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast