ABW Ambassador
    Wynn Las Vegas
    Wynn Las Vegas has not paid affiliate commissions since April. A month ago, I emailed the affiliate manager and he said there had been some accounting issues with CJ which had been resolved and he specifically said they had issued commission payments to CJ to be paid to affiliates. August payments come along and still no payment from Wynn Las Vegas.

I have been trying to reach the affiliate manager for almost a week. I finally received an email from someone else in the marketing dept. this morning. Again, he blamed it on an accounting issue with CJ and said commission payments will begin being issued starting in September.

Apparently the first person was not being truthful when he said a month ago that commission payments had been issued at that time.

I then called the person who emailed me today. I asked specifically what the accounting issue was. He would not be specific but only commented that they felt that CJ was charging them three times what they felt they owed.

I explained to him that it's just not right to get affiliates involved in network disputes when the affiliate has complied with their end of the agreement. Further, there has been no communication at all to affiliates in months, since Wynn fired their previous affiliate manager. At the same time, Wynn has lowered affiliate commissions from 7% to 3%. I tried to stress to him how important it is to keep an open line of communication with your affiliates. No comment from him until later in the conversation I questioned why he avoided discussing this. He said he would consider it.

I asked him if he was pleased with how their affiliate program is performing. He said it was up to their expectations. So I said that means it's doing well. He agreed. So Wynn is benefitting from their affiliates and this is what we get.

What I found pretty unbelievable was that he said that I'm the only affiliate he's heard from. Well, this isn't a large affiliate program but I just can't believe that no one else has questioned why they've gone four months without being paid.

Talk about a program going south.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Snowman

I can't tell you how many times I've contacted a merchant with "How come we haven't been paid in xx months", or "Your banners haven't been showing on my site or in the Newtoek interface for two months", etc...

and they respond with "You're the only one who's ever contacted us"

It just boggles me beyond belief!

A dig: So if I'm the ONLY person to contact an AM in MONTHS over something as important as pay or non-functioning tools...

does that mean no affiliate contacts these AMs ever??? So what do they do all day long if they're not dealing with affiliates???? LOL

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    does that mean no affiliate contacts these AMs ever??? So what do they do all day long if they're not dealing with affiliates???? LOL
    I have several conversations with affiliates everyday, not sure what these corp guys are doing.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKay
    does that mean no affiliate contacts these AMs ever???
    In my experience that's pretty darned accurate. I think I've had all of 3 affiliate-initiated contacts since I opened my program.

So what do they do all day long if they're not dealing with affiliates???? LOL
    That's the question that keeps me from hiring an AM. If they're in contact with affiliates, it's only because they're going around bugging the affs, because there sure isn't a demand for communication coming the other way!

something as important as pay or non-functioning tools...
    As an aff I usually ignore non-functioning tools, because complaining is like obligating myself to use those tools if they're fixed (which, between the time of me writing and their fixing, I may have decided not to use those particular tools after all). But pay? If it's a sizeable amount, they'll get my email(s) or forum posts.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Wynn is one of the most expensive hotels in Vegas yet it gives the shittiest comps

ABW Ambassador
    The person who I spoke with said he hadn't heard from any other affililiates about the payment issue. He didn't say that he'd never heard from affiliates at all, although that is possible.

I've been told numerous times by different affiliate managers that no one else had brought up the specific issue I had brought to their attention. Sometimes the tone was like "if no one else is having a problem, there isn't anything wrong." And then ultimately I proved them wrong. Other times they were appreciative that I brought the problem to their attention. That happened yesterday with the IHG affiliate manager. She learned from me that BeFree hadn't paid affiliates when IHG wired the money to them in late July. She got right on them. BeFree has just updated to show that payment is being sent today.

There's actually a thread here on abw about a linkshare merchant who's dynamic links are showing nothing. I think it's been going on for 2 months

Last week when I went to get links in Linkshare and saw there was nothing showing, I emailed them and said "I guess you already know about the no banners showing up thing - and gave him a link to the thread... he thanked me loudly! First he had heard of it!

So no one who posted to that thread ever contacted the merchant????? Geez.

Snowman,

When Wynn approached me at Vegas Summit in January, they said they have free monthly meetings with their affiliates. Free room, free food and free Spamalot show - so affiliates can know what they're promoting. COOL!!!!!!

The next one was like 2 days after summit, and it was already filled up. But they specifically said "Oh Billy! You're a local! We can get you into ALL of the next ones".

Uh... they lied No room. No food. No show

But they did offer me a Wynn Limo for my Revenue photo shoot... the day AFTER the photo shoot - LOLOL

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader

That's the question that keeps me from hiring an AM. If they're in contact with affiliates, it's only because they're going around bugging the affs, because there sure isn't a demand for communication coming the other way!
    Different programs have different needs, maybe I just make myself more accessible, but affs contact ME and ask me about how to promote my programs, what's coming up, show me what they are working on, ask me for programming help or other needs.

I don't bug my affiliates, and them communicating with me doesn't bug me.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    When Wynn approached me at Vegas Summit in January, they said they have free monthly meetings with their affiliates. Free room, free food and free Spamalot show - so affiliates can know what they're promoting. COOL!!!!!!

The next one was like 2 days after summit, and it was already filled up. But they specifically said "Oh Billy! You're a local! We can get you into ALL of the next ones".

Uh... they lied No room. No food. No show
    Hum... I was invited.... wondered where you were

(j/k... no I didn't get invited after the prior manager left either. and oh yeah, I'm not an affiliate for them )
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Yesterday, I noticed a "Withdrawal" in my CJ account. It was not attributed to any merchant so I emailed CJ Support and asked what it was for. It took four emails back and forth before they finally said it was a Wynn Las Vegas payment. It wasn't until today that the same amount appeared as a deposit in my Payment Status. When I click on Payment History, it's there but it's not hyperlinked like all of the regular monthly payments. It also appeared in my bank account this morning.

This is the first time that Wynn Las Vegas has paid affiliates since April and they are still not current. They still owe me about 23% of the total that has been outstanding.

There has been no communication whatsoever from Wynn or CJ to all affiliates. Shame on both of them. I wonder what billionaire Steve Wynn would think about this.

Affiliate Manager
    May be they used a solution call " concluded action " powered by CJ.

In this solution, the merchant only need to pay the orders they notice CJ that the order is completed.

If the merchant lower its commission, they should sign a new term and paid CJ. However , if the merchant do not notice its publishers , this behavior can be seemed as breach of the Agreement.

Gump Kan <= This guy is from China !
    DHgate Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    The stays they owe me for were completed in July.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread