The Ignorant Employees at Performics
    Today I received the message below stating my account for several merchants was set to zero commission because they didn't see links on my site. The links where on my other sites like my blogs. They said they left me a voicemail yesterday, and I guess they think that was enough response time, but guess what I didn't work yesterday. It makes no sense, itís obvious people have multiple sites, so why do I only get 1 day to get their message.

Here's the message...

Hello,

I am the Account Coordinator for Redcats Brands (Brylane Catalog Outlet, Brylane Home, Chadwick's, Closeout Catalog Outlet (formerly Chadwick's Catalog Outlet), Jessica London, King Size Direct, La Redoute, Woman Within (formerly Lane Bryant Catalog), metrostyle (formerly Lerner Catalog), One Stop Plus, and Roaman's). We've contacted you previously to find out how your site, is driving traffic to the Redcats Brand's sites. We didn't see any of the brands listed on the site that is in ConnectCommerce. Lauren Tazic (ltazic@doubleclick.com) left you a voicemail and emailed you on Monday, August 20, 2007.

Redcats Brands highly value their affiliate partners. Unfortunately, until you can show as to where Site Name is driving traffic, we have to set commissions to zero. As of this afternoon, your commissions are set to zero for each Redcats Brand that you are active with. Please let us know how you are driving traffic to the sites and where your links are located (via screen shots) and we can discuss reactivating commissions.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Christina Cebulak

Account Coordinator
    DoubleClick Performics
    180 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1100
    Last edited by DoubleClick Performics Moderator; August 21st, 2007 at 08:45 PM.

Simple fix..
    Sounds like you'll get all of your commissions back with a simple email response to them.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I would hope that this type of a problem could be avoided by following the instructions from Performics as described in this thread about adding additional site urls.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

it doesn't seem so bad. it's not like they said they'll never talk to you again.. just answer them, and you're back in.

I hate when anyone talks ugly about Performics.... that being said, why not just tell them where your links are?

Hi ,
    I did tell them my links today, but there's no reason why they should of stopped paying me commission when I had no response time

They also mentioned that they had contacted you previously. So perhaps you got an email and thought it junk and deleted it or something.

previously means yesterday, they say the date in the email

I read it as "We've contacted you previously to find out how your site, is driving traffic to the Redcats Brand's sites." PLUS "Lauren Tazic (ltazic@doubleclick.com) left you a voicemail and emailed you on Monday, August 20, 2007."

How is it obvious that people have more than one site? Not everyone does. Are they mind readers? If you didn't have the sites listed in Performics how are they to know? They can only go by the information you give them.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you didn't have the sites listed in Performics how are they to know? They can only go by the information you give them."

You can do it now but it's not really explained in the interface and I've only seen it mentioned here when Jamie said:

"Please add your additional sites under:
    - Setup
    - Website Information
    - Site description"

"In the future, we will have an obvious place for you to submit additional websites."

Which is great but it's something that's been talked about for a long time now and adding a box to put that stuff in should be pretty easy. Not sure why it would take so long to add something like that.

I'm sure there are many different ways to do it.

Main Site
    mysite.com

Additional Sites
    mysite1.com - place to add a little description
    mysite2.com - place to add a little description

Something along those lines.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Gosh, Ignorant is an awfully strong description of people who appeared to have attempted to contact you 3 different ways to clarify a situation.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I had a similar discussion about listing domains/sites with Larry Adams:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Larry

Some of his suggestions might help.

I agree with Trust's statement, "...it's something that's been talked about for a long time now and adding a box to put that stuff in should be pretty easy. Not sure why it would take so long to add something like that."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Gosh, Ignorant is an awfully strong description of people who appeared to have attempted to contact you 3 different ways to clarify a situation.

Ignorant just means lack of knowledge, it is not harsh at all.

From wikipedia.org: Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Also, they just called me and emailed me the day before, and I wasn't working. That is not a lot
    Last edited by shimmy; August 22nd, 2007 at 02:34 PM.

I personally find the Employees at Performics are great. Over the last 3 years I have sent them a few email (including today) and they have always gotten back to me in less then 12 hours and have worked with me back and forth until the issue is taken care of.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread