Question What does SaS mean by a "hit"?
    At the "Your Day At A Glance" page, it lists the total number of "Hits" that each merchant receives via our sites.

The word "hits" is easily misunderstood since different people use it to mean different things, as I'm sure everyone here knows. So I want to make sure I understand it correctly in the context of "Your Day At A Glance".

Technically one person can generate dozens or even hundreds of "hits", so the only real stat that we care about is "unique visitors", meaning "one person visiting one website during one 24 hour period". Whether that person went to 1 page or 100 pages; whether they came in 1 time or 10 times, they still only count as "1".

So my question is...

For the word "Hits" on "Your Day At A Glance", does that refer to "unique visitors" as defined above? or can the same person generate multiple "hits" as they go through a merchant site?

Thanks for the clarification...

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Someone clicking on your banner/link and redirecting to the merchant site....

Doesn't matter how many times in one day, but pageviews on the merchant site does not matter... just the action of clicking on your banner/link.

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO -, Inc.

Thanks Brian -- that's what I was hoping you would say. Presumably most people will only click a merchant banner one time to get into their site, so "100 hits" will generally mean "100 visitors" to that merchant.

Appreciate your prompt reply... keep up the good work...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread