I open this thread under fear of being flamed for spamming, but I do wish someone would shed some light on the posed question. Perhaps it was not answered because the person that was expected to answer it was too busy fighting with others on the board.

I have posed a question to Haiko for which I have not received an answer. Let me pose it here and perhaps someone can enlighten me.

First off the merchant does not know from what domain a click through came until they read the affiliate ID. eBates appears to interlope when the Top Moxie software detects the user click on a network server and merchant link with whom eBates is partnered. How will eBates know not to click on such a link just because your domain is on a magic list? Is the Top Moxie software going to be written to look at the domain that a link is on before the user selects the link. In other words, will the software shut down because it has detected that the user is on a particular domain? If this is not true, then eBates will be laughing all the way to the bank. And that would be one reason they are so excited about getting affiliates to join a list with their domains.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    There are several questions in there, 5 actually. Which one is he supposed to answer?

You also have a few assumptions that you base your questions on. I would hope you weren't asking questions based upon assumptions you made. If you really don't have the answers to those, you should ask those first, then proceed further, but don't assume (appear).

I think you'll have an easier time of getting a question answered if you do those things first. Just being honest, your questions need some work.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

ABW Ambassador
    Topmoxie up ntil now has only looked at the destination URL.

Obviously, with the change thay have to "add functionality" to inspect the domain which would basically act a signal if they should watch for the url at all (I can't see it working any other way).

If they can't fix the program from overwriting based on looking at the URL in association with link that caused the url to be invoked (where afsrcid=1 comes into play), then why should I think it's more relaiable to throw in a third variable for them to consider?

Make then come into compliance or force the networks to kick their but out when they are not found in complience or.... face the ramifications of not doing so.

I didn't your answer your q in five minutes (after answering how many pages) of being posted and you fear what? Good Lord!

Use the afsrc=1 code and be done with the list, leave it up to the COC. Any other questions you may have relating to such should be directed to the networks and/or their respective compliance teams.

Continued Success,

Some posts posed more than five questions and all were answered. The issue here is my so-called assumptions true or false and if they are true will the Top Moxie software be written to shut down when a user is on a domain that is on this exclusion list? My questions could not be more explicit and to the point, IMO. The answer to these questions could give rise to a whole new set of questions.

Gene
    TCS

I suppose I should have expected snide remarks instead of answers. Are is it that you can not answer the questions posed in my post. If not, just say so and let someone else answer. Your snide remarks to those that don't aggree with you are creating a credibility gap.

Gene
    TCS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I suppose I should have expected snide remarks instead of answers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some posts posed more than five questions and all were answered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is it? Please decide?

Your post was lost on 10 pages of Q and As nad you immediately coomplain when I finally close the thread because you q wasn't answered ... maybe I expected that from affiliates! I gave no snide remark ... I said use the afsrc=1 code, that will alledgedly protect you, I'm the snide *$#%$# remember?

Please see the using afsrc=1 code thread ...

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4216051902

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko,

My post was not lost. You got into a fight with Elisabeth between answering questions. You answered numerous questions that were posted after mine. It was my assumption that you were answering them in order. Pardon me if that was not the case. I did not rush to complain. You did not close the thread until about three hours after my questions were asked. The reply to use the afsrc=1 code in no way answers my question. I do not use any linkage to which this code would apply. It would not also apply to regular links of in-house program as you alluded. I said snide remarks because this is the off hand reply that you handly threw at anyone that questioned your list.

Gene
    TCS

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread