Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    If the elections were today...
    who would get your vote to be our next President and why?

We had that discussion here today. Was very interesting.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Just a reminder... If a political thread turns divisive or controversial or looks like it's heading there, it will be closed or removed.

I'm leaving this one here for now.

Also, there's quite a bit of relevant discussion in these two polls:

2008 ABW Presidential Poll

2008 Presidential Party Vote
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I will vote for the candidate that will send every troop we have to an un-balanced, secular divided, country that is in the midst of a civil war where the people despise Americans. I will also make sure he or she focuses their entire attention and spends every penny we don't have on this country, knowing that in the end, if there is such a thing, nothing good will come of it.

Oh wait! We already have that.

So, I guess anyone else will do.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Gore will be elected President in 2008.

Again.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'd like to in Snoopy. He's a traditionalist ( celebrates Xmas and Halloween ) , he's tough ( fought the Red Baron ) , get's along with others ( especially birds ) , and wouldn't really cost very much ( some food and a flea collar ) .
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Affiliate Manager Ryan-Pets Warehouse's Avatar
    Here's a good way to figure things out

http://www.2decide.com/table.htm

Rexanne for President, Donuts for Vice President, and Coley for First Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    No, no, no. Alan Hamilton for Prez. I completely agree with his catch and release platform.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

How about Leif Garrett?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-Pets Warehouse
    Here's a good way to figure things out

http://www.2decide.com/table.htm
    Good link. Giuliani is going to have some problems with some Republican voters with his views on abortion and guns.

Hillary and Edwards are the same on the issues, straight down. I think it's going to be Hillary for the Dems, Republicans not sure yet.

That's an interesting link. While it's difficult to condense a candidate's views by just a check mark or an "x," it's a good place to start. Now I know which candidates I would like to further research, and which ones I have nothing in common with.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't see Thompson on that list for Republicans. Giuliani is going to have all kinds of problems. Don't really see anybody strong on that side, should be Giuliani and Thompson, probably top 2.

We're going to have our first woman President ever and Bill will be back in the White House. If I were to lay down a bet right now. And I think she'll end up picking Edwards to be the Vice President. According to that link, like I said, agree on everything besides 1 unknown and 1 mixed opinion.
    Last edited by Trust; August 22nd, 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm torn between John Edwards and Bill Richardson. The great thing about Hillary is you get two presidents for the price of one, which is a pretty amazing deal when you think about it.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, experience in the White House. I know she'll be President but you know they're going to talk and she'll get input from him (Bill) and Edwards kind of fits the Gore role. Young, southern state. I can't see a ticket on the Republican side at this point that can beat a Clinton/Edwards ticket. And you know Bill is good at campaigning and raising money too. Dems will be fired up.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I love Guliani - hate to see him in a race he probably can't win.

Not at all happy about Hillary although I'm certainly not opposed to a female pres. It'll certainly be interesting.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    LMAO - Thank you for such an honor, Mack ... not sure I could live up to it but sounds good to me. Donuts would certainly keep me from goofing up too badly and MC would keep both of us from legalizing everything good.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yep, experience in the White House. I know she'll be President but you know they're going to talk and she'll get input from him (Bill) and Edwards kind of fits the Gore role. Young, southern state. I can't see a ticket on the Republican side at this point that can beat a Clinton/Edwards ticket. And you know Bill is good at campaigning and raising money too. Dems will be fired up.
    Would Bill just be an "unofficial" advisor? He would be the perfect choice for Secretary of State. And how about Al Gore as Secretary of the Interior?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Gore = Lewinsky possibly

With Giuliani, I have lots of problems with him and I know he got the most votes in the poll here. I'm trying to do some reading on him, if anybody has any positive stuff.

Some problems I have with him:

I think he is hanging his hat too much on 9/11. Before that happened he only had a 36% approval rating. I don't think he did anything differently then anybody else that would be in his shoes. If 9/11 didn't happen, would he even be up for nomination? I don't think so.

I also think somebody is going to flip him. I've watched him in some interviews and sometimes he seems a little lost and he's somebody you can get angry. I think there could be an episode that you had with that one democrat who screamed and I remember Ross Peret would lose it a little and on the edge when interviewed. Temperment problem or something.

As far as the political side, he has a lot of liberal views and the far right won't be happy with that. He's for banning assault weapons, he's pro-abortion, which is going to be a problem.

"Giuliani has been the target of criticism from many conservatives for some of his views, especially with regard to abortion, immigration, and gay rights."

I read this one article that just talked about the 35 successful free speech lawsuits brought against him. He's a control freak, I hate those.

Personally, he's a mess. I know everybody has issues but he seems to have that in multiples. Father was felon/prison. Doesn't even get along with his own son/children. On third marriage, first marriage was to a second cousin, best friend from childhood an alleged pedophile priest, lots more.

I just think Hillary and her squad are like a political machine and she will eat him alive.

And I know he's done lots of good stuff too but I'm trying to picture it if he wins the Republican side and I just think he's going to get rolled on. There's just too much baggage on him. And I know he did good stuff for New York but even with all of that, he still had a 36% approval rating before 9/11. As far as his dad, I know that has nothing to do with him and he was a very successful prosecuter and put lots of bad people away.
    Last edited by Trust; August 22nd, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Usually I don't give the elections a serious look until the top 2 candidates are picked.

But looking at the cheat-sheet in that link, it *amazement!* looks like H. Clinton is the least clashing of the bunch.

I was really hoping there'd be a decent Repub candidate, but none of them seem very compelling to me. There doesn't seem to be a strong one in the whole field--are they hiding the good ones for 2012 LOL? Hilary's not what I'd call "compelling" either, but the Repubs in the field this time are even less so...

I will say that I don't consider it a "vote for Bill" as I've heard said sometimes. She's got a strong personality on her own, and I think he'll get relegated to the other wing of the White House, or shipped overseas on some kind of "diplomatic" mission where he can't do any backseat driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Gore will be elected President in 2008.

Again.
    I doubt it. He's gone so far with the Global Warming stuff (to the exception of other issues) that he seems kind of "out there" now. There probably aren't enough "tree hugging hippies" for another Gore win...people do want other issues to be addressed after all!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Actually, when they insert Gore into any Poll, he ends up eclipsing Hillary and the rest of them. If he decides to run, he'll take it.

Gulliani's a fraud. The reason he stuck the NYC disaster centre in WTC7 was so that he could get to it easily from the Mayor's Office. No clues for asking why, considering it had a private elevator for him that went directly to a private suite within the disaster centre. Much safer than a hotel room, I guess.

Oh, and a buddy of his had leasing rights to that building.

Basically, every Republican candidate has baggage, and lots of it. The only (partially) sane one amongst them is Ron Paul.

54% of Republicans in IOWA want out of Iraq within 6 months. How many Republican candidates are actually listening to their constituents instead of the media/far right noise machine?

If you go to Intrade, you can see how the different candidate are faring in the futures market. Quite interesting. I made a bundle buying Ron Paul futures at 0.4 and selling them at 4.0

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread