Keyword Search Volume
    I thought I remembered a website I saw a while back where you could type in a keyword(s) (i.e. "satellite TV") and get report that would show (for Google, I think) how many people searched for that keyword(s) last month & in the past few months. Kind of like Google Trends but with some #'s behind it.

Does anyone know of such a site? I remembered it as being Alexa, but (unless they changed it) that doesn't seem to be right as I can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Digital point's keyword suggestion tool?

bpal- thanks for the quick reply. this is perfect -- i appreciate it.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Wordtracker does a great job and reports this info for Google and the other main search engines.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just signed up for the trial. Looks like a good site.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Wordtracker does a great job and reports this info for Google and the other main search engines.
    I think soon I'm going to plunk down the annual fee. Is it worth it?

A new goodie to help you accurately generate keywords for a given page is the Firefox extension K-Gen. Gives more information than needed but if you're only selecting the heaviest keywords it is a big help.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    bpal I use it on every project I do. If you only have a handful of projects line them all up and export everything to Excel spread sheets so you have them saved and you can get a shorter subscription.

Personally I like being able to use the tools regularly so I subscribe annually.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador
    bpal I use it on every project I do. If you only have a handful of projects line them all up and export everything to Excel spread sheets so you have them saved and you can get a shorter subscription.

Personally I like being able to use the tools regularly so I subscribe annually.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm kind of torn though. Like you said, getting it all done at once could save some money. Being able to use it regularly would be great too though, for those ideas that just pop up from time to time.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    A new goodie to help you accurately generate keywords for a given page is the Firefox extension K-Gen. Gives more information than needed but if you're only selecting the heaviest keywords it is a big help.
    I might have to look into that one. Thanks.

Affiliate Manager PianoWizard.com's Avatar
    As a website promoter, I used Wordtracker demo for couple of years, then their paid version for at least one year. Their data is somewhat skewed for Google in that they estimate Google's traffic by extrapolating it from their data source (metacrawler.com) and their guess as to Google's market share. Not very precise.

Personally, I use Overture's tool. Quick, easy, and free. I figure it's as accurate as WordTracker and much less cumbersome. I admit, it doesn't give you any idea of the level of competition for a phrase, but there are other methods for that.

Don't think they have a public link to it anymore (there is a LOT of traffic to it and often it dies).

See:
    http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...ry/suggestion/

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizard.com
    Looks like a great site. I just tried it & notice that the site says results from January 2007. Do you know if that's correct? And, if so, is there enough volatility to make the results "stale"? Thanks!

Affiliate Manager PianoWizard.com's Avatar
    I suspect that January 2007 date is correct.
    Glad you mentioned that. Difficult to say now which is better, WordTracker's estimates or Overture's old data!

Google Adword's keyword tool doesn't give the number of searches, but it does show the relative demand for the terms it recommends. And that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Honestly, I use ThemeZoom now instead of any of the above. Unfortunately it's a $195/month subscription. Perhaps someone else can recommend something that is less expensive for those who only need occasional keyword research.

Jesse

ABW Ambassador
    It's January data, but it still gives the relative value between keywords, and whatever the search volume figures, it still takes checking the relative competition between them.

Hello there

My name is Anne Curtis and I am Customer Service Manager for Wordtracker.

Just a thought but we do now have a free keyword tool which you might find handy. It can be added to the browser too for those whimsical moments.

I can't include the URL here but a Google Search for Wordtracker Freekeyword tool will deliver it.

If you have any questions on this or any other Wordtracker problem, you are welcome to contact me via the Wordtracker Support system.

Happy Hunting

Anne Curtis

Thanks Anne, here it is:

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Thanks this was quite helpful as I was using the Wordpress Trial this morning before I saw this thread.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread