ABW Ambassador
    Merchant Payments to Linkshare
    When a merchant pays Linkshare, what type of confirmation do they receive? I'm assuming none since I've had two different Linkshare merchants tell me they have paid while Linkshare continues to show "Awaiting Merchant Payment" in SynergyAnalytics and continues to show that after the next check issue date has passed with no payment from that merchant.

Since Linkshare rarely updates Merchant Payment History until pay day, which makes Merchant Payment History useless, we have to wait until pay day before contacting the merchant only to be told they have paid but Linkshare indicates they haven't paid.

If Linkshare doesn't acknowledge Merchant payment, that just further delays payment since the Merchant doesn't know there is a problem.

Comments from Linkshare Merchants and Ranae???

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I think that is one thing that LS needs to look into. There is definitely a disconnect between acct, tracking and providing accurate info. Payment History could be improved. I have encountered numerous issues with payment since 2006.

Hats off to my a/c mgmt team, acct and a few of their directors who took interested in ironing this out and getting it resolved ASAP. 2 checks were lost in the mail and we did not know about it till a later time.

Suggestion: Implement a real time payment system.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Two of the programs I ran on LS had a large "deposit" with them, that we just drew from every month, and then replenished with regular payment. I had to fight tooth and nail for this, but it worked, and affiliates were usually paid on time. Once or twice there was a mess up somewhere, and we'd be late, but we were certainly one of the better ones.

I believe that LS does allow direct from merchant payments. Most merchants would NOT want to handle this themselves, but this sounds like an opportunity. Someone with some knowledge could set this up, charge an override, and provide quicker payments to affiliates - which is a huge advantage to any program.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Good suggestions Mike.

Options available.
    -Prepayment
    -Direct merchant to affiliate payment.
    (one company I used to work for did that but gave up. Too much work to save $0.x/check)
    -Direct deposit from merchant to LS
    -Mail in payment to LS

If I would to estimate, I think 70-80% of all merchants across on CJ/LS are using invoicing for accounting purposes and whatever business decision. Definately need to have more accurate info for merchants and aff when it comes to payment.

Even with the current system, it's possible for LinkShare merchants to pay quickly. If a merchant reviews and approves their invoice and wires money, within a day or two of the invoice becoming available, the affiliate could get paid in the first batch of the month (around the 8th-10th) following when commissions are earned. I have only seen this happen once, for one merchant.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I appreciate Eric's first response as it directly addresses the problem.

Mike/Michael, I do appreciate your insight; however, I'm not addressing how quickly merchants pay but rather that Linkshare provide accurate info. to both merchants and affiliates on a timely basis so that when there are issues they can be resolved quickly. Linkshare currently doesn't provide a way for merchants to get accurate info. in a timely manner from their account so they know if their affiliates are going to be paid on time or not.

love love love the new linkshare system. synergy analytics is super.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread