Can an Affiliate Get Paid Twice if a Merchant is on two Networks?
    Hi, we use both CJ and SAS as our networks. We use CJ because we have a lot of "long-time" affiliates on CJ and also use SAS for those who, well, don't want to use CJ.

I read a post today that there might be some risk of paying an affiliate twice if I participate in two different networks. This puzzles me. Wouldn't an affiliate basically need to have all my products listed twice, once with SAS links and once with CJ links in order for this to happen?

Additionally, the customer would have to click both links within the cookie duration. I suppose if a CJ cookie was placed and then later the customer clicked the SAS link then the affiliate would get paid twice. But, again, the affiliate would need to have the products listed with both links.

So, is there risk of paying out twice if I use both networks?? If so, how can I avoid this? I like giving my affiliates the option of networks.

Thanks for any advice!

avantquest,

If your thank you page contains both tracking pixels hard coded and the end user has both cookies (CJ and SaS) on their machine from a previous visit then you will have dual transactions that the originating affiliate(s) will be paid for and you will need to manually go to through your sales reports to de-dup the sales.

There are many ways to avoid this all from happening all as simple as coding up some logic, one example would be: if cookie = SaS then show SaS pixel on TY page and not the CJ one.

Make sense?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi Avanquest,

Haiko is exactly right. If you don't want to code this yourself, contact me, a company I work with provides this service.

Thanks,

Mike

Personally, I think it's best to leave both tracking pixels in place and then monitor the transactions. You'll probably discover some interesting things.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Actually Michael, I'd suggest other tracking to discover the "interesting things" and save their goodwill and reversal rate by instituting tracking logic.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Its called condition presentation. You use a S= to have the server set the cookie and only populate the one pixel on the thank you page.

It is important to make sure that your links are code correctly via the affiliate network otherwise the affiliate does not get the commission due.

Outsourced Program Manager
    The tracking we provide will also tell you things such as "what else touched this customer" and "this cookie was dropped 5 seconds before this sale" and so on.

Thanks,

Mike

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread