What is Stumble Upon?
    I know that Stumble Upon is some kind of social bookmarking site (I guess), but I don't get how it works.

I was "stumbled" upon adn went from about 5-10 hits a day for my 2 week old blog to 200 hits in one day. Does that mean I'll get 200 hits every day?

Are they linking to my main blog or a specific post? Is it only available for stumble upon members? If I put a stumble upon link in my blog, how does that work?

StumbleUpon members can vote for your site, or for individual pages on your site.

You can submit and vote for your own site as well, or pages on your site, but you only get to do it for about 10 pages per site (seems to be about the limit for when I can't submit anymore for a given site).

The traffic is a rush, but it is usually short-lived.

UNLESS your article gets voted on by other StumbleUponers, in which case the traffic can continue on for quite a while, and can grow and grow to the point where you might start wondering if you purchased the right domain hosting plan. :-)

StumbleUpon is only for members, who must install a browser toolbar that lets them vote on whatever page they visit.

Affiliate Network Rep Le_ShareResults's Avatar
    Am still figuring out how maneuver around StumbleUpon but so far it's helped me find some really neat sites that I have since revisited many times over.

LE
    Le Michelle
    Network Manager
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]Share Results - Affiliate Programs For Selective eCommerce Merchants[/URL]
    [I][email=le@shareresults.com]Ask about our software solutions[/email] [/I]
    e. [email=le@shareresults.com]le@shareresults.com[/email]

" [I]Eating words has never given me indigestion.[/I] " - Winston Churchill

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have the toolbar installed but make it non-viewable when not using it. When I see an article or blog I like I stumble it. If I have an affiliate apply I give them a stumble too.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    I have the toolbar installed but make it non-viewable when not using it. When I see an article or blog I like I stumble it. If I have an affiliate apply I give them a stumble too.
    Mad rush by ABWers to sign up for Chuck's programs! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    just check it out. interesting concept. Reminds me of the cloudmark spam software which utilizes users/members to do the rating via the toolbar

Somebody stumbled Black Cat a few weeks ago. Saw a nice spike for a couple days, but was mostly just cool getting stumbled by a random person.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    Stumblers tend to be good visitors. They will look at ads, interact with the site, make purchases etc. I have a site which regularly gets pages in the "featured stumble" and will see between 40-80,000 stumblers in a few week period for that page.

I like their system and it seems the least gamed of the social sites, getting mentioned means a little more there.

Chet

What about the mandatory browser toolbar installation?
    Has anyone encountered problems with the toolbar that must be installed? Does it interfere in any way?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Umm. StumpleUpon is owned by eBay now. They participate in some affiliate programs, along side of their own direct CPC ad programs. I've heard great things about quality of visitors coming from there.

>> If I have an affiliate apply I give them a stumble too.

that is a good offer

Rhia7, I haven't had any problems with the toolbar in either Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I think this is one toolbar you can trust.

Incidentally, SU offers advertising that can be quite good. You pay per stumble, so like Google ads, you are paying per visit. However, for content sites I've found that stumbleupon ads are really good. You can choose an age range and geographical area to target, plus a broad category, and then you get visitors who are stumbling and actively looking for new websites to check out. They tend to stay longer, click on more than one other page, and come back, plus you get to see if they up voted or down voted your site. I believe it's only $0.05 per visitor, so it might be a fun thing for some blogs out there to try.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I am experimenting with the 'stumble' would anyone who has such capability please stumble (edited out links)

Thanks
    Last edited by Trust; October 10th, 2007 at 01:29 AM. Reason: spam - bye bye lance

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter

Incidentally, SU offers advertising that can be quite good. You pay per stumble, so like Google ads, you are paying per visit. However, for content sites I've found that stumbleupon ads are really good. You can choose an age range and geographical area to target, plus a broad category, and then you get visitors who are stumbling and actively looking for new websites to check out. They tend to stay longer, click on more than one other page, and come back, plus you get to see if they up voted or down voted your site. I believe it's only $0.05 per visitor, so it might be a fun thing for some blogs out there to try.
    Trying to set up an advertising campaign with SU is impossible. They are not at all able to deal with even the most basic advertising set up. Very frustrating and a big waste of time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Stumble Upon is a great concept, but if you don't have a visually attractive site (above-the-fold) most won't take the time to actually read your content.

I love stumble upon. I have one entertainment site, which gets tons of visitors from Stumble upon, and they do click on Ads.

hurray! This is my 1000th post

I have also had pretty good luck with StumbleUpon. I still get pretty go traffic on a couple sites. I know when it first came out it was very popular and my sites were getting tons of traffic, then everyone else discovered it and then it slowed down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    hurray! This is my 1000th post
    Congrats on 1K!

I'm still thinking about Stumble Upon.

Congratz Nabz
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I got stumbled today, and received a good amount of traffic so far, it was 600 visitors in just few hours since it happened!

I like stumble, but you need stumblable content for stumble ).

10,000 visits in a matter of hours isn't uncommon if you get voted up by a lot of users. SU is pretty cool!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread