Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Does Ebates Still Have a Download?
    I don't see any mention of Moe Money Maker on their site anymore. It was there when I checked a few weeks ago.

Also, taking a look at their Merchant List, I don't see any "Coupons Only" merchants anymore. That was an indication that the merchant didn't participate in the download.

Do we have reason to cheer or is it a false alarm?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    In a word YES

At the affiliate summit they said they had it but don't use it much
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

If they don't actively market the download on the site now, they still have an incredible user base that has the software installed so there is no reason to rejoice. Alejandro ain't no fool - I'm sure he's making it "appear" as you speculated!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    But Haiko, if the merchants who were formerly Coupons Only require no download participation and they are still in Ebates allowing a cash back, those merchants wouldn't be able to police the policy. How could Ebates assure those merchants that Ebates customers with existing downloads weren't causing Ebates to violate that policy with those particular merchants.

I'll be happy to call Paul Nichols of eBates and ask him if you'd like
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Snowman,

Some of those merchants are listed as coupons only, because they don't allow the cashback, for example Walmart.

It is not only about the download.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko,

Sure would!

ABW Ambassador
    Ewww, skishore, thanks for correcting me. I was looking in the wrong column for Coupons Only.

The Moe Money Maker issue still remains, however.

not trying to correct, just trying to provide more info.

i work with some rewards sites, so i have to know some of these details.

ABW Ambassador
    Then it would be in your best interest to learn the status of Ebates Moe Money Maker.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If you go to their site, click on T&Cs, they talk about how to download and install the Moe Money Maker as well as addressing how it functions to provide links to merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    Please quote the language from their T&Cs about how to download and install Moe Money Maker. I don't see those instructions at http://www.ebates.com/terms_and_cond...ation_id=18571

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    are you kidding me? you couldn't find it! okay, here you go.

go to: ebates.com
    click on Terms & Conditions link, bottom right.
    below is the whole document from that page.
    do you need me to bold things for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION OF MOE MONEY MAKER SOFTWARE

20. In downloading and/or installing the Software, you agree to the following:

1. Functionality. Ebates and its agents may pop up brief alerts when you can save money by shopping through Ebates or by using the Software. Ebates may direct your traffic to the merchant of your choice. This may be done (a) by presenting a choice in a pop up alert asking whether you wish to save by shopping through Ebates, thereby directing your browser through Ebates in order to ensure you earn a reward, or (b) by automatically routing you through Ebates and earning you a cash back reward with no further action on your part being necessary. These settings can be changed at any time through the Software’s preference settings. The Software can be easily uninstalled through the standard 'add or remove programs' control panel, or through the Software's preference settings.
    2. License. Ebates grants you a non-exclusive license to install and use the Software solely for personal use and only for the purpose of accessing the Program. Ebates and its Software licensors/suppliers reserve the right to add additional features or functions to the Software at any time, without asking your approval. Ebates may require the update of the Software on your computer when a new version of the Software is released or new features are available. This update or new download may occur automatically when you use the Program. Changes to this End User License Agreement may be made by Ebates and will be posted on the Company web site. Your continued use of the Software will constitute consent to the revised terms. Ebates is under no obligation to support the Software, and may at any time suspend or terminate this license and disable the Software.
    3. Restrictions. You may not reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Software for any reason. You may not modify the Software in any way. You may not rent, sell, lease, sublicense, distribute, assign, copy (other than a single copy for your own backup purposes), or in any way transfer the Software or use the Software for the benefit of any third party through any outsourcing or time-sharing arrangement or through the operation of any service bureau. You understand that the Software is licensed not sold, the Software software and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Ebates and its licensors/suppliers.
    4. Voluntary Use. The Software assists in tracking your transactions in connection with the Program and reports such information to Ebates and its licensors as necessary for you to obtain the benefits of the Program. The Software also communicates with Ebates and its licensor’s servers and Ebates and its licensors may obtain certain information regarding your use of the Program (such as IP address, type of browser, referring URL) however such information does not include personally identifying information. Use of such information is subject to the Ebates Privacy Policy and will not be shared with outside agencies as described therein. Your use of the Software and the Program is voluntary. You may discontinue use and uninstall the Software at any time by removing it via the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ Control Panel.
    5. Export Controls. The Software and the underlying information and technology may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you are agreeing to the foregoing and you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list, and that you will otherwise comply with all applicable export control laws.
    6. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Software is provided with Restricted Rights. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights at 48 C.F.R. 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Ebates, Inc. 85 Berry Street, Suite 4700, San Francisco, CA 94107-1739, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. For the purpose of any public disclosure provision under any federal, state, or local law, the information is trade secret and proprietary commercial data and not subject to disclosure.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; August 23rd, 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: edited out the entire TOS for (C) issues and bolded the applicable portion

ABW Ambassador
    I was really hoping your nasty side wouldn't show its face on this thread, Donuts. I provided a link to the T&C so I obviously didn't have a problem finding it. I asked you specifically to reference where they give instructions on how to download and install Moe Money Maker which you still haven't done.

Snowman, I edited the post to show the applicaple section of the TOC and to avoid (C) issues.

BTW, I left a message for Paul.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Haiko, do you think merchants using Ebates have a reading disability?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    I read that language before I even commented about the T&C. There are no instructions there as to how to download and install Moe Money Maker. It simply tells you how it works and what your responsibilities are.

My point here is that I haven't found anywhere on Ebates site an advertisement for the download or instructions how to install it.

I just copied the formatted text from the site and it carried forward to the posting
    Continued Success,

Haiko

You can find the download instructions here:

http://www.ebates.com/help/moe_money_maker.htm#20

Apparently, the download is only accessible to members (which is the way it should be).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Michael. I am always logged into Ebates. I joined years ago so I would get their emails. I have never ever used their program. My username appears at the top of the screen on their site so I know I'm logged in. I still can't find it without clicking on the link in your post. How were you able to find it?

Click "Help", then click the "Need help with Moe Money Maker?" logo.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    They sure make it difficult to find. It's not even mentioned in their FAQs.

I suspect that page hasn't been updated in years.

Is the Moe Money Compatible for all computer setups?No, the Moe Money Maker's minimum requirements for download include Windows 95, and Internet Explorer 4.0 or AOL 5.0.

What about all of the other browsers, especially Firefox?

Something else I found referenced in their Help section suggests it's outdated as well.

OK, waiting to hear what Haiko finds out from Paul as to whether Ebates is still promoting Moe Money Maker, especially to new signups. Doesn't look like it to me.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Snowman, so you are trying to find a way to work with eBates? To give them creditability?

I think anybody who sat in their session at the summit clearly heard that they use the download.

Chuck,

I can assure you snowman is doing nothing of the sort, I'm sure it's to identify wheather or not to work with certain merchants who were excluded because of the relationship with eBates.

BTW, no return call from Paul yet.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, I can't for the life of me figure out why you would make that assumption from my initial post. I can assure you that the Moe Money Maker icon and brief description were on their homepage several weeks ago but it no longer is. To me, that suggests that something could have changed regardless of what you heard at a conference 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Haiko, it had nothing to do with which merchants I affiliate. That has never been a considering factor for me as I've never earned a respectable amount of income with any merchant who wasn't affiliated with Ebates and their ilk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast