Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Is Fidel Castro Dead???
    That's the word around Miami and some of the web sources .... we will find out tonight. Some local sources are rumoring that an announcment by law enforcement will be made tonight. No formal news yet but we are hearing loud rumors locally ...

If so, there will be a party in the streets...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager Ryan-Pets Warehouse's Avatar
    My relatives in Miami are saying the same thing.

But as of an hour ago Cuban officials were reporting in him in good health.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Something I always wondered about Cuban-Americans living in the US. Once Castro's out of the way, assuming that Cuba got a democratic government, would many Cuban-Americans seek repatriation or would most stay in the US? It's unpleasant to imagine the economic impact on SoFL if a significant percentage of the Cuban-American population were to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    That's the word around Miami and some of the web sources .... we will find out tonight. Some local sources are rumoring that an announcment by law enforcement will be made tonight. No formal news yet but we are hearing loud rumors locally ...

You know, an announcement like that might make my day a little less crappy than it has been so far.

Not that I wish anybody dead, but there are some folks that I just can't force myself to shed a tear for. Fidel Castro just happens to be on that list... near the top.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

This rumor has been going on for almost a week ... http://perezhilton.com/?p=3851
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I guess the big question would be if the replacement would be any better. Many times it's just more of the same. For Cubans and Cuban-Americans with family still in Cuba, I would hope for the best. But I wouldn't be surprised with more of the same, with Raul or Alarcon or whoever else gains control.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Something I always wondered about Cuban-Americans living in the US. Once Castro's out of the way, assuming that Cuba got a democratic government, would many Cuban-Americans seek repatriation or would most stay in the US? It's unpleasant to imagine the economic impact on SoFL if a significant percentage of the Cuban-American population were to leave.
    Haha! That reminds me the movie A Day Without A Mexican.

And I don't think anything will change if Castro is dead. If people of Cuba are afraid, it's not of Fidel himself, but the sytem he has built. And systems don't die like people.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    I have never seen a man with so many excuses to party.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Just got a call of a big rummor right now that makes it 'official' but ofcourse an 'official rummor' as nothing on the newswires yet, however they just canceled a big planned school event at my daughters tonight because of some reliable sources and that 8st Miami was already being blocked.

MSNBC news update at 4pm eastern

Affiliate Manager Ryan-Pets Warehouse's Avatar
    Published: Friday, August 24, 2007

Convalescing Cuban leader Fidel Castro "is fine," Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque said on Thursday, responding to recent speculation about the aging revolutionary’s health.

Something is very weird about all this, he hasn't been seen in public since june...

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    We keep getting calls from reliable sources that Fidel has passed away, we are waiting on Breaking News!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

The one sad note in all of this is that it is the usual "Don't tell the people anything." for the communists. Maybe things will change now?

Fred

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buy_online
    The one sad note in all of this is that it is the usual "Don't tell the people anything." for the communists. Maybe things will change now?

Fred

Thats a very good point. It doesnt suprise me, especially with local and state officials. Who knows, I guess we will see.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I just saw the Miami chief of police say that last night the FBI called him at around 11pm in reference to this, but he would not go further into details of what he was asked or told. He said Quote: (his exact words, wish I would have had Tivo it) "FBI called me last night at 11pm, they don't call my home at 11pm for no reason", and then reporter cut away to other related stories.

Don't worry once the real story does break he will have already been gone and cuban official coverups will have already packed their bags for long flights to other countries cause they know what is coming once he is really gone.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I'm glued to the tv waiting for SOMETHING!!!

What a celebration it will be if it's true.

While it doesn't seem likely that things will change as a result of Castro's death, it does not keep us from hoping for it. Politics aside; many of us with families just 90 miles across the water, yet completely unattainable can only hope for some type of change.

My phones have been ringing off the hook too. I think I'm gonna cook some flan and make some cafecito while I wait.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

ABW Ambassador
    *old thread bump*

I remember this thread and just saw this pop up 11 minutes ago:

Castro stepping down as Cuba’s leader
    Ailing leader has not appeared in public in nearly 19 months

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23229795/

Is his brother any better?

nope, they're both massively crooked. But there's always hope that he will loosen the reigns.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I think he died back when they said he had intestinal surgery. The only people who have seen him since, so they claim, are Cuban officials and ol Hugo. All the video I've seen show Castro in that same running outfit.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I think he died back when they said he had intestinal surgery. The only people who have seen him since, so they claim, are Cuban officials and ol Hugo. All the video I've seen show Castro in that same running outfit.
    That does seem plausible. Milk it for as long as possible until you have to move someone in his place. The figure head is still there to instill fear.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

regarding that suit......

The marketer in me keeps thinking, "Would that suit have been a good idea for a product placement with all the coverage it has gotten? Or is he such a negative symbol that it would be a bad placement?"

I'm sick, I know. But really, why isn't there a company who sells product placements on behalf of political leaders? Or maybe there is and it is so elite I am not aware of them. Just think of the bids that certain cellphone companies would put in to have the prez or his daughters use THEIR phones.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

No Longer Banned!
    Is Fidel Dead ?
    Hi !

I'd like to see a day when Cuba becomes a US Protectorate similar to the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands.

It'd be a fantastic opportunity for nearly every one I think...... The Cubans are a great people.

Till then, Fidel will never be dead. His reach will likely be felt for many generations to come.

Steve

I really am going to love the day I wake up and see headlines declaring Cuba a democracy. While I'm not optimistic that Fidel's successor will be much better, I do hope that Fidel's stepping down is the first big blow that helps topple the regime.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

No Longer Banned!
    Fidels Fall=Democracy In Action ?....
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I really am going to love the day I wake up and see headlines declaring Cuba a democracy. While I'm not optimistic that Fidel's successor will be much better, I do hope that Fidel's stepping down is the first big blow that helps topple the regime.
    Amen to that brother. Amen

Steve

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'd expect the overall state of the government to stay the same until the brother goes out. But isn't he almost as old as Fidel? Shouldn't be too long.

I figure that if there's going to be any changes, they'll come when the Party tries to install a much younger guy. The people who are still in Cuba might not go along when they find themselves looking at 40 more years.

As for the government voluntarily loosening the reigns...I wouldn't hold my breath! I'd think they'd do that only if they fear that not doing so will lead to their overthrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast