Results 1 to 2 of 2
August 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM #1Problem displaying cloaked banners in IE (not Firefox or Netscape)
I've made great strides with the whole redirect thing and absolutely love the fact that I've made my website database-driven. It is useful for so many things, I highly recommend taking the time to learn PHP/mySQL. I have run across a problem though and am wondering if anyone has any ideas.
For banner ads that I use in my sidebar, I've written a PHP script. I open a connection to my database, and loop through to pull out a group of preselected links for each file (same script each time, I customise it by an array of row IDs that are fed to the script through an array and subsequent 'for each' loop). This works great as its quick and doesn't use too much overhead for serving up multiple links at once.
This displays even quicker than just putting the straight code in my html! Almost instant upon loading the page. EXCEPT in Internet Explorer, where I just get a little sliver of the banner displaying on the left side of my 'sidebar' part of the page.
My HTML validates, so I don't think there'd be any coding problems. I use a fluid 3-column CSS layout, and thought that might be the problem. I checked by putting a banner without a redirect into my html above the script-the regular banner displayed fine, the redirected ones in the script are still showing as that weird sliver. ALSO, the banners are showing just fine in Mozilla Firefox and Netscape Navigator. I don't know how to (or even if I can) validate my PHP. Could this be the problem?
Its not that the PHP/mySQL is not working at all in IE, I also use a script to display my redirected text links, only opening the database once at the start and looping through with a 'while' loop. These are showing up and working fine in IE, its just those banner ads...
Is this a known bug in IE? Should I look at my PHP? Any thoughts would be appreciated![IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
Making Cents of the Internet
August 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM #2
Stupid me - I've just figured it out...
I solved my problem by viewing the source code from IE. I saw that in the img attributes for my banners the height attribute was displaying properly, but I have width='width'. Looks like I need to fix my script and I'm off.
Sorry for being a waste of space here!
Fixed it - I had left off a $ for width and that was the whole problem...[IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
Making Cents of the Internet
By Jazz24 in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 3Last Post: May 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
By hopelessnohio in forum GoldenCANReplies: 3Last Post: May 12th, 2009, 10:18 AM
By Rexanne in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 13Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 03:27 AM
By sixeden in forum GoldenCANReplies: 10Last Post: May 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM
By zimmy in forum Virtual Family and Off-TopicReplies: 2Last Post: April 14th, 2005, 10:08 PM