Question Deleting Pending Application & CJ Affiliate Program?
    I have a pending application that has been there forever and I am tired of looking at it and do not wish to represent the advertiser anymore. I would like to know if there is any way to delete pending merchants off of my page?

I would also like to know if there is a CJ affiliate program where there is compensation for others signing up that I recommend?

Any help in these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Sages Unicorn
    I would also like to know if there is a CJ affiliate program where there is compensation for others signing up that I recommend?

CJ once had a signup program that paid a percentage plus a small amount for the actual signup. Some time ago they watered it down to just a signup amount. I think if you look through their program list you'll still find it.

It used to be administered by a separate group within CJ; probably still is.

Thumbs up Thank You Herb
    Thank you very much for the information Herb, I really appreciate it!

Exclamation
    It may be just for merchant signups.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Quite stupidly, a publisher can't delete/remove/withdraw pending applications. You just have to let them sit there. I've tried more than once to contact CJ's support and ask them to remove them, but they say that they can't (aren't allowed to, more likely).

And, you don't get contact information about a merchant on the Advertiser Detail page until and unless you are approved. In pending status, that info does not show up so you're stuck with either the CJ internal email system (a horribly unreliable means of contact) or doing some detective work and trying to hunt down the affiliate program manager's contact information. You may try posting to ABestWeb asking if anyone knows the contact info for the merchant, if it seems important enough to you to track them down.

So besides ignoring the issue, the only thing you can do is to try to contact the merchant directly via CJ internal email or at another email address/phone number if you can find one. I've tried that too, and typically those same merchants that leave my apps pending for months or more also never respond to emails, CJ internal or otherwise. What a shock. Interestingly, one merchant that had kept my application pending for well over a year recently approved me, quite suddenly. But what happens more often is that the pending app only goes away when the merchant's program is terminated by CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    Quite stupidly, a publisher can't delete/remove/withdraw pending applications. You just have to let them sit there. I've tried more than once to contact CJ's support and ask them to remove them, but they say that they can't (aren't allowed to, more likely).
    Call CJ, and you may get a representative who can do that.

Thumbs up Thank you all very much!
    I really appreciate all of your help. It is good to know that I don't need glasses as I couldn't find it! One would think you would have no problem doing something so simple wouldn't one?

For some reason it wasn't until Herb posted again that I received an e-mail that I had more responses...hence the delayed thank you's...sorry!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread