Action Jackson - King of the World
    Unbeatable Sale deactivated
    Happened to be mapping their feed and found out their links gave me a this link has expired message. Anyone know what's up? I have sent them an email via CJ but won't hear anything back until at least Monday. Deactivated report shows them deactivated as of yesterday the 24th.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I usually get an email from CJ when this happens, but not this time. Maybe they wait to send out an email until it's permanent?

ABW Ambassador
    Were they behind in paying affiliates? CJ deactivated Hyatt Hotels over a week ago for that reason (presumably) and they have never sent a single notification to affiliates.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93531

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I had several merchants, including unbeatablesale.com, deactivated yesterday, and no email has been received. It seems that in the past, their generic deactivation emails use to be reveived no later than the next morning after any deactivation.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I received the "Deactivated Advertiser Notification" at 6:04am 8/24/2007 (Pacific Time). Logged in and saw it was unbeatablesale. I wish they would put the merchant name(s) in the email, it would be much easier. I too would like to know what's going on with them. It would be nice to know whether it's a temporary problem or they are gone forever.

Maybe they should do some reading here at ABW, and maybe they would realize that de-activating affiliates is not always the smartest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    I received the "Deactivated Advertiser Notification" at 6:04am 8/24/2007 (Pacific Time). Logged in and saw it was unbeatablesale. I wish they would put the merchant name(s) in the email, it would be much easier. I too would like to know what's going on with them. It would be nice to know whether it's a temporary problem or they are gone forever.
    Just let me know when you want them to come back. I have a method of making any merchant return. All I have to do is spend hours replacing the links, and the very next day, I get notified they are active again. It never fails.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by $Cleopatra$
    Maybe they should do some reading here at ABW, and maybe they would realize that de-activating affiliates is not always the smartest thing to do.
    This isn't a case of deactivating affiliates. The merchant has been deactivated.

I asked if Unbeatable Sale was behind in paying affiliates. No one has responded. Please do.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Snowman, I don't partner with Unbeatable Sale and this observation may not be applicable, but one dead giveaway for CJ merchants that are behind in paying affs is when their sales/leads are suddenly placed in "extended" status when they have never used this status before (e.g. what happened with Ameriquest among others).

ABW Ambassador
    Extended status really doesn't mean anything. My Extended status is $0.00. Hyatt Hotels was recently deactivated. They haven't paid affiliates in months. Wynn Las Vegas is still active yet they haven't paid affiliates in months either.

I asked if Unbeatable Sale was behind in paying affiliates because I'm trying to determine if there is a trend with recently deactivated merchants at CJ. Since I'm not an Unbeatable Sales affiliate myself, I can only find out if one of their affiliates responds.

I've just had yet another merchant deactivate without notice, GTA Hotels. Fortunately, I'm not out anything on this one as I just put up their links earlier this month and no sales reported.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    It's interesting that this is happening lately with several hotel affiliate programs. I haven't seen any recent news of financial woes in the hotel biz (on the other hand, the mortgage market...). This could be just coincidence or the spike in forum messages causing it to appear that there is something going on in the hotel sector. And it could be something going on with CJ and its Advertiser Relations Department practices. I really don't put much faith in their decisions with respect to non-paying merchants after so many CJ deadbeat-merchant fiascos discussed on ABW and other forums.

As for extended sales, I just put that out there as one possibility to look at. It's not extended sales in general that serves as a red flag, it's when a merchant that has never places sales/leads in this status before, suddenly does without any explanation. And it's only one possible hint of a non-payment issue. Sadly we have to look carefully for these hints, because CJ refuses to immediately suspend advertisers for non-payment.

As MichaelColey and others have stated, CJ sometimes extends a merchant's transactions in order to give non-paying merchants more time to come up with the money. It's a horrendous policy IMO, as CJ should be immediately suspending (until paid up) any program that is more than a few days late on any payment to CJ, because it affects payouts to CJ publishers. And of course they should be up front with timely and clear notifications when this happens. They usually aren't.

I asked if Unbeatable Sale was behind in paying affiliates because I'm trying to determine if there is a trend with recently deactivated merchants at CJ. Since I'm not an Unbeatable Sales affiliate myself, I can only find out if one of their affiliates responds.
    I had sales in May and commissions were paid on time. I didn't have any sales in June or July so can't speak for very recent history.

Just let me know when you want them to come back. I have a method of making any merchant return. All I have to do is spend hours replacing the links, and the very next day, I get notified they are active again. It never fails.
    Lol, yes, that trick seems to work for a lot of us. I don't do much with unbeatable sales or I would be very frustrated right now.

Unbeatablesale was re-activated today, but the rest of the merchants I had deactivated Friday remain so, and a few more were deactivated today.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Mack must have pulled his links.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    Mack must have pulled his links.
    Mack - please pull your yardiac.com links.

No Joke, I pulled my Unbeatable links. I an NOT going to put them back.

Sorry, I can't bring back Yardic, wasn't doing anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    No Joke, I pulled my Unbeatable links. I an NOT going to put them back.

Sorry, I can't bring back Yardic, wasn't doing anything with them.
    rats.

Why don't you post a list of all your merchants so we'll know who to ask for.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread