Clickbank vs. Share A Sale for course selling
    Hello everyone,

I sell through my website a $295 forex trading course (US$100 CPA commission for the affiliate) and I am thinking to promote through one of the major marketplaces network such as ClickBank or Share A Sale.

Which one would be better suited for this type of product?

Thank you in advance!

PS: cross-posted in the Share a Sale section of this forum

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    They are certainly very different marketplaces. Clickbank is for digital products only, and to succeed as a Clickbank merchant you need an aggressive approach - high commissions and conversion rates. The features in Clickbank have hardly changed in ten years, but you can get a lot of traffic if you have the right pitch.

ShareASale is more sophisticated, and more of a complete affiliate marketing network. Support is very good, and so are the features and facilities offered.

Which is best for you depends on the exact nature of your product. Try them both and see which works out best for you.
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

Thank you Rob for your kind answer. The nature of my product is an online trading course based on live videos that are accessable through the members' area (password is received upon payment). So I guess you can say it's a 100% digital product.

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    No problem. Clickbank has also just introduced a recurring billing option, so you could have a monthly subscription, rather than a single upfront cost, which could be more profitable with a course like yours. Affiliates get paid a percentage of the recurring payments.
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

Thank again Rob for your wise opinions. They are greatly appreciated!

One question though: if I go for the monthly subscription formula, wouldnt the members watch all the videos of the course (around 60 videos) and then cancel their subscription after the first month?

Sorry if this question sounds silly, I have never sold anything on the internet.

CPA Network Rep
    I'd assume that if you are selling a subscription to a site/forum etc that you would need to keep producing NEW content for your subscribers. There has to be a reason for them to keep coming back and if there is a finite amount of material then you're right, they probably won't.

Maybe you should come up with a plan to keep adding valuable content for the subscribers such as more videos, articles, tips, interviews, etc.?

Or maybe market the membership based on say 30 videos and then roll out a "new" video (from your other 30) every week or two?

Hello Frankie,

I actually upload new trading videos on my blog on a daily basis (I record all my trades live and upload them every day). In the course section, I explain in detail the principles behind my trading system.

I would like to keep the daily videos free for everyone to see. The course was actually an after-thought after receiving many emails asking questions regarding my trading system.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread