Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coupon & Deal Site Updates
    For those of you running coupon and deal sites how many new deals do you post each day? I've been feeling good about my 20+ new deals/day but I heard some affiliates post upwards of 60 to 100 new deals each day. Where do you come in?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hi Scott, I add about the same number of deals each day as you. To me, it's all about the goal of the site. My goal is to offer up a digestable number of deals that are pre-researched and "really" good deals, so little extra effort is required of the reader. That said, some shoppers prefer to do some of the research themselves, and I think that a site that serves up more deals/coupons each day is a nice fit for them. Some people have the time and attention span to wade through hundreds of deals, and some people are content to check out Woot each day and go for the easy impulse buy. Moral: know thy reader.
    -Sharon

Well over 100 deals/coupons added daily. More if it is the end/beginning of the month. Holiday time more too.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    From the last 2 days of the month through the first 4 days of the new month, probably adding a few hundred.

How does one run a coupn and deal site. I am interest in possibly creating a site but was under the impression that search engines see it as spam and not give them good rankings.

Thanks,
    Doug

On a typical day, 20-50. Around the beginning of the month, 100+ per day.

Newsletters or offers that I pass over to find those 20-50: hundreds.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Along these lines, how long do you like a coupon to last/how often do you like merchants to refresh their offers?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

100+ easily, it is just too much fun to stop adding stuff.

Wow, this just goes to show what it takes to run a successful deal site. Can't just set it and forget it in this business. Anybody care to share how many hours they spend adding deals each day? I'm working to streamline my process and can get quite a few added in under an hour, but if I'm going to do upwards of 100 a day that's going to take at least 3-4 hours a day.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Wow, this just goes to show what it takes to run a successful deal site. Can't just set it and forget it in this business.
    This is important for everyone to keep in mind.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

1 page per day. Even if I ad 50, I'll let them queue and publish 1 page per day. This way every day my readers have a fresh page to look at. Everyone has a method, that's mine. It keeps em coming back.

We post 100+ 1st through 10th of each month & 50+ a day until the end-of-the-month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    1 page per day. Even if I ad 50, I'll let them queue and publish 1 page per day. This way every day my readers have a fresh page to look at. Everyone has a method, that's mine. It keeps em coming back.
    Yep, deal of the day deals are popular now. I've even seen Facebook apps where they release a couple "gifts" a day. These are basically little 60x60 pieces of clipart to give to friends. They queue them up a few months in advance and keep at it. Seems to be working since they've got almost 6 million users.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Yep, deal of the day deals are popular now. I've even seen Facebook apps where they release a couple "gifts" a day.
    Does Facebook allow affiliate links?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Does Facebook allow affiliate links?
    Yes, but not on profile pages. This app I mentioned is just for fun though, no aff links.

- Scott

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Where on Earth do you guys find so many deals?

I've started a deals site with the intentions of having it be a deal-of-the-day setup (like Mack described), but I'm having a lot of trouble finding enough commissionable deals to put on it. I know Amazon's always got something, but I don't want it to be 90% their stuff.

Or is the word "deal" in the eye of the beholder...is some of it stuff that's not necessarily on sale or couponed, just you think it's a good deal?

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    The number of deals and coupons ranges wildly from day to day. I don' think a day goes by where we are not adding 50 or more. On some days it seems like its in the 100's.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    What do you guys think about coupon feeds? Do you use them? How helpful are they and what kind of fields do you typically want to see in them?
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

I love coupon/deal feeds, but there are so few that are set up right and used properly. The best two are the ones from ShareASale.com and AvantLink.com.

I use OrangeFeeds (Performics), LinkLocator Direct (Linkshare) and will be using CJ's WebServices, just to monitor regular links for promotions, but none of them are even close to being a "coupon" feed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Harris
    What do you guys think about coupon feeds? Do you use them? How helpful are they and what kind of fields do you typically want to see in them?
    These are the fields I require:

Promo ID (a unique identifier)
    Start Date
    End Date
    Aff link with my aff ID
    Promo text/details
    Merchant name

And here are the ones I like to see but aren't required:

Product Thumbnail URL
    Banner URL
    Coupon Code

- Scott

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Feeds are cool, less work is always good

Looking at the names in this thread, maybe I should have been more specific in my earlier question. WITHOUT counting the 1-4% commission places, are there still lots of deals out there?

I know that the tech places have bucketloads of deals all the time.

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure how many I add a day but last few days of the month, first few days/week of the month, very busy since most coupons expire at the end of the month, so lots of new coupons to post.

After that, I can do what I need to do in 2 hours, mainly updating coupons. If you also do deals, it will take longer.

"I am interest in possibly creating a site but was under the impression that search engines see it as spam and not give them good rankings."

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=coupon+codes

Not true.

"WITHOUT counting the 1-4% commission places, are there still lots of deals out there?"

Yes, most merchants have something going on. They could have coupon codes, price breaks, sales, deals, promotions, etc.

I only ad about 1-2 deals a day. As Leader said, where do you find so many deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Feeds are cool, less work is always good

Looking at the names in this thread, maybe I should have been more specific in my earlier question. WITHOUT counting the 1-4% commission places, are there still lots of deals out there?

I know that the tech places have bucketloads of deals all the time.
    Tech Deals, mostly less than a $ per sale. And most of the times I find the tech deals, its hard to find other deals.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    I only ad about 1-2 deals a day. As Leader said, where do you find so many deals?
    Newsletters. Affiliate newsletters and sometimes even better, the consumer ones. I have one email account solely for signing up to the newsletters on the merchant's site. I would say 99% of merchants have them. I like this way the best since i have hundreds, could be over a thousand merchants. You can also just look around the merchant's site. Deals all over the place, most have something going on. Big stuff on the front page usually, more deals usually throughout the site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast