Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    Question Question for you women..
    Girls, What would your response be to a male who asked:
    "Why are you so cranky?"

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    59
    Me: Why am I cranky? It's PMS. Why are you so ugly?

    -Sharon

  3. #3
    Staril - Mad Cat Woman Sue's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,310
    A baseball bat

  4. #4
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Wink
    Why all the questions.

    What are you doing - writing a book.

    Well - you can kiss my a*s and make the last chapter a love story.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  5. #5
    OPM Queen Kristin Kinsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Location
    Rolling Hills of Ohio
    Posts
    1,707
    Shut the *beep* Up .. Why are you being so cranky!?!?
    (But that's when I really am being cranky, hehe)
    KK

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    326
    I usually reply with 'What's your point?'

    also works if someone calls me a *****.

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    Well I didn't think I was being cranky, but someone said I was being cranky. So now I am cranky about being called cranky.

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Location
    Colorado / Florida
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Well I didn't think I was being cranky, but someone said I was being cranky. So now I am cranky about being called cranky.
    So Connie - WHY are you cranky?? tee hee.... (ducking the melmac)

    Actually, people sometimes take it as cranky when they get a direct response to a question and the response isn't what they were looking to hear!! i.e.: Q: do you think I deserve a raise? A: No I don't. = (cranky!)

    Q: what do you think of - - - - -? A: I don't (= cranky)

    Oh, another thought too....

    Q: "Why are you so cranky?"

    A: "go have a look in the mirror!!" (that's cranky)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

  9. #9
    Advocate mellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,925
    Tell him you're only cranky around morons.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

  10. #10
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Smart men don't ask that question. I divorced the one that kept asking, he made me cranky
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  11. #11
    Classic Rocker Mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Location
    Lower Left Coast
    Posts
    1,167
    Nobody has ever asked me that. I'm never cranky.

    Sometimes cranky people ask me "Why are you always so happy?"

  12. #12
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Depends if I actually AM cranky or not.

    If I am cranky, I'll probably try to explain the why of it. If I'm not, then a good swift slap upside the head is justified.

    Strong women get accused of being "cranky" a lot by men who are intimidated by an outspoken woman. Consider the source.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  13. #13
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    Didn't I read this somewhere on ABW

    Whatever the man says after the woman finishes is a totally new argument
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  14. #14
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Depends if I actually AM cranky or not.

    If I am cranky, I'll probably try to explain the why of it. If I'm not, then a good swift slap upside the head is justified.

    Strong women get accused of being "cranky" a lot by men who are intimidated by an outspoken woman. Consider the source.
    Men also consider the source when you're cranky.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  15. #15
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Men also consider the source when you're cranky.
    Burger Boy ... try to be less cryptic and we'll be less cranky.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  16. #16
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Burger Boy ... try to be less cryptic and we'll be less cranky.
    OK

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  17. #17
    Newbie laidback333's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles.
    Posts
    5
    Not a good thing to ask a woman.

  18. #18
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    your response should have been "Aafter walking 60 miles I was expecting you to surprise me new shoes when I got back"
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  19. #19
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    It was a friend who asked, not anyone who lives with me. Lucky for them. Now I am in a down mood. And even if I were cranky, you don't ask. You could however say something like, hey is something wrong? You don't come right out and ask hey why are you such a *****.

  20. #20
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    But why the assumption that it must be a "male/female" thing?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  21. #21
    ABW Ambassador flamingoworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    But why the assumption that it must be a "male/female" thing?
    Because we don't care about men or how they feel.

  22. #22
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    But why the assumption that it must be a "male/female" thing?
    Men aren't cranky, they are just wrong?

  23. #23
    Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,817
    I give 'em HELL!

    That kind of gall is not limited to men, and neither is my response. All clods receive the wrath they deserve, equally!

  24. #24
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Because we don't care about men or how they feel.
    I don't believe that.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  25. #25
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Because we don't care about men or how they feel.
    Than why such concern to start a thread on a public forum?

    I think you have a crush on this guy.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For the women that can take it :)
    By MichaelColey in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: August 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
  2. women can be so mean
    By JP Sauve in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 10th, 2004, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •