Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zappos New Terms - Anyone Get Them Yet?
    After the last round it makes me a bit nervous to know they have new terms coming out. The 12% has been ok to work with but anyone know what is next?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not a Zappos affiliate. Can you not tell from the Advertiser Detail?

They sent an email saying they were coming but haven't been pushed to my account yet, just wondering if anyone else had anymore info.

Hmm, I havn't receive any email about New Terms. Really wonder what it can be.

Maybe they plan on lowering the commission rate yet again?

Their change from "free shipping" to "free OVERNIGHT" shipping didn't boost their conversion rate. I'm mystified, as this gives them a clear advantage over all of their competitors. And I know it's not just me who isn't seeing the same conversion lull; their network EPC has dropped by a larger percentage than the recent commission cuts.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Hmmm...wonder if their new terms include ignoring new affiliate apps. I applied to their program nearly two weeks ago and heard absolutely nothing for several days. So, I sent an email to the aff manager last Wednesday. Nobody home there either.

That lack of any response , which really "is" a response is enough to let me know that Online Shoes and a couple other vendors will be getting our traffic.

Shame, 'cause my wife and daughter buy a lot of shoes from Zappos; er, ah, "used to" buy from them...

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Zappos, an online shoe retailer, expects sales to reach $800 million this year.

Zappos Continues To Grow With Repeat Business

I also got an email saying that I needed to accept the new terms, but have not actually seen any new terms. Nothing in the CJ interface.

Since it is already August 30 many places, isn't it too late for Zappos to post new terms that are to be effective September 1? I would think that CJ has a certain minimum period during which the old terms should still be valid.

In either case, the message sent out by the Zappos associate manager was not only poor from a grammatical point of view, it also was not very informative. Hopefully their next message will make more sense.

I am guessing something is going on behind the scenes. I have emailed both Zappos and Cj with no response. It is very weird.

http and a telephoto
    Someone told me they are now on uPromise, maybe they changed terms to allow them in?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Question
    So this is no longer accurate?

- Zappos.com is the *only* major shoe merchant that DOES NOT ALLOW PARASITES. With NO PARASITES you get the money you have earned!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    In addition to confirming myself that they are now in UPromise (I didn't believe it!)...

I now see they are also in Smart2Save, ShopAtHome, eBates and others.

I guess there's someone there making different decisions than before, because all of this BHO crapola is new.

Wow, was one of the few merchants at CJ that I thought was clean.

What a shame.

My guess is that the new terms must have something to do with free jar of lube they're sending their current affiliates...

Dropped. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Must be change link day for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Dropped. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Must be change link day for me.
    Are you saying that you dropped Zappos, one of the larger online retailers, for the sole reason that they are now affiliating with sites with downloads?

Apparently you didn't do much with Zappos because if that is your only reason, it wouldn't make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Are you saying that you dropped Zappos, one of the larger online retailers, for the sole reason that they are now affiliating with sites with downloads?
    Yes.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Just received the following email from Zappos:

Greetings partners of the Zappos Associates program,

We would like to inform you of an upcoming change in the terms and conditions Saturday, September 1, 2007. Please note that you will need to accept these changes within 7 days to continue in the Zappos Associate program.

After careful consideration, we've come to the difficult business decision to discontinue trade mark bidding. We've been having compliance issues with trade mark bidding in the past, so now we will be closely monitoring the bidding process. The following is an exert from the updated terms and conditions that describes our policy on trade mark bidding.

o Your domain name(s) may not contain (either as all or as part of its name) the word “Zappos” or a misspelling thereof (such as "zapos", "xappos", sapppos", etc.).
    o You may not bid or otherwise purchase, either directly or indirectly, the search names “Zappos”, “Zappos.com”, “Zappos Couture”, “Bouquets”, “Fitzwell”, “Gabriella Rocha”, “Lassen”, “Lumiani”, “RSVP” or “Type Z”, or any misspelling of variant thereof from websites, search engines, search portals or other directory referral services.

Please refer to the updated terms and conditions for more details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

We are looking forward to your continued partnership in the Associates programs!
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    Which is odd. They allowed it, now disallow it. But now they have a bunch of parasites just targetting their domain.

Am I the only one who cannot find a accept (decline) link?

I thought they disallowed it before, guess I was wrong.

If they did allow it, some poachers about to lose a big ol chunk of money.

And announcing this while at the same time they're allowing BHO poachers into the program, is idiotic and ironic at the same time - it's idironic.

At this point I REALLY hope my application is accepted into their program...

...so I can say, "No, thank you!"

The URL business is a bit unclear to me. I understand that we are not permitted to use their trademark name in our domain name urls. But can we still use zappos.com as our display url in PPC ads, by itself. We were permitted to use zappos.com as our display url as long as we were not bidding on their trademark name or variations. I have sent an email for clarification, but no ones home till next week....

Geeze....... whats next... I can't afford PPC ads now, since the commish reduction.. and since they are infested with parasites now, my seo efforts will be very limited if not nil...

sooo sad.... Oh... to have Jack back and the old Zappos.
    Their EPC should be telling all of us zappos affiliates just what zappos thinks of us now.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

I don't know if their info at CJ has changed or will change soon, but looked at what it says right now within CJ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trademark Policy

We love PPC Search publishers but please keep any PPC search bidding on our trademarked terms (like Zappos, Zappos Shoes, Zappos.com) or variants thereof (Zapppos, zapos, etc) to the minimum bid allowed.

In addition, publishers are not allowed to have Zappos (or any variation of Zappos) anywhere in their display URL.
    Violators risk losing all unpaid commissions and termination of their Zappos relationship. These restrictions are strictly enforced 24-hours/day, 7-days/week.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast