Awesome Testimonial!!!
    Not sure if this is right for the Midnight Cafe, but it's not really Becoming a Merchant or Merchant Best Practices either, so here seems the best fit.

Yesterday we had a very nice order come in on Black Cat - over $3300!

After running the order and getting everything sorted for shipment I double checked all the details and saw that while the card was approved just fine and the CVV2 was good, the address info did not match.

I called the customer to double check everything was right and that the street name was indeed two words, etc. Everything was right. She called back a bit later to confirm again, and I suggested she call her credit card company and ask them to confirm the address, just to be sure.

Later in the evening she emailed to tell me her billing address had been changed to another state and she had a $3200 charge she didn't know about. Her husband's credit report was now showing the wrong address on two agencies and they had spent the evening cancelling their cards (making sure her order with me would go through).

Calling about the address discrepancy had tipped her to what looked like identity theft in the works, and while stressed, she was VERY happy I had followed up. Not only did she ask where to send a "thank you" card, but she also posted a big "thank you" thread on a major industry forum.

Can't beat that for a testimonial! I was just glad to help, but that's the sort of publicity that can't be bought!

For the cautious, I've been there too, so rest assured I am not going in with blinders on. This was a special order for merchandise not currently in stock, and I'll have time to make sure there's nothing fishy going on well before anything ships. If everything is at it appears though, the whole thing is pretty dang cool!

Great sale, great testimonial - only thing missing was the affiliate referral...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing.

Reminds me that merchants face many other problems besides the scum that also affects us affiliates. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Reminds me that merchants face many other problems besides the scum that also affects us affiliates. Keep up the good work!
    Yeah, we also get at least one request to send a huge order overseas per week. I say "sure, payment by international wire transfer" and they never reply...
    Eathan Mertz

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Eathan -

Congratulations on your testimonial. Very much deserved.

It's second nature to you to go the extra mile for your customers and for your affiliates, but I bet it sure felt good for someone to notice and state it publicly.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Yeah, felt pretty dang good. Trust is big with our market, so nice to have some kudos out there.
    Eathan Mertz

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread