Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Exclamation Jessica'sBiscuit/ECookbooks New Site - Links Are All Dead (and so are accounts?)
    I went to log in to my Jessica'sBiscuit/ECookbooks account and found the following:

1) All new site;

2) Old log-in no longer works;

3) All existing links are dead.

I remembered seeing no announcment about any changes, and went back to their last newsletter. There, buried among the new book announcements, was the following:
    We are getting ready to launch the new and improved Jessica's Biscuit/ecookbooks.com web site. While we are extremely excited about this, and think the new site will help us serve you better, we wanted you to know that the site may experience some down time. If you have any questions, you can contact Customer Service at customerservice at ecookbooks.com or call us between 9am and 5pm EST Monday-Friday at 1.800.878.4264.
    This is not sufficient notice of anything, let alone wiping out all our links. Having to open a new account is a horrible way to proceed, but since the old links are dead then tracking is not an issue.

I always felt this was a very well run program, responsive to any problems or needs that arose, through the 5+ years I've dealt with them. This, however, is a really bad way to handle a make-over.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; August 28th, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Since 2:30 pm PDT when I emailed their affiliate manager, I have received 3 messages from him telling me how hey are working on these problems and hope to have solutions as soon as possible.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Though images are still down, links are now working correctly, but do not know if they are properly tracking.

ABW Ambassador
    Well this sucks, I recently signed up with them. Can you login to your account now? And your regular links are working, besides the images? Or did you get new links?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Well this sucks, I recently signed up with them. Can you login to your account now? And your regular links are working, besides the images? Or did you get new links?
    I received some private information from them yesteday that I cannot repeat, but then they sent out an email presumably to all affiliates which you should have received.

The bottom line is all old account logins are no longer working, and there will be a "new link format" to use. For now, they are re-directing the old links to the proper pages and it is not stated but infered that they will track.

They say they will be providing "detailed instructions" shortly about how to proceed with our accounts.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright thanks.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread