Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Hi All,

As one of my New year resolutions and 2003 goals, I want to rely less on just one company for all my money, so I wish to diversify to as many good individual, linkshare and other merchants.

The first problem I am facing here is that I don't know who are the good and the great ones out there in the non-CJ world.

Can anyone who's had success with good non-CJ merchants list down the ones they like, and most importantly - Pay! - this will really help all here who are currently depending on CJ for all their affiliate partnerships, I think this can really help in the long run, if you are affiliated with many different networks and merchants.

At Present I am looking for ANY kind of merchants that will convert and Pay.

Thanks,
    Thathagata.

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

I suppose it depends on what you want to sell. But for conversion rates nothing beats Amazon in my experience.

ABW Ambassador
    Overstock.com and Mondera (both LinkShare merchants) are quick to pay. LinkShare's a bit slow to send the payment out, but I just received December's Mondera payment, and Overstock.com's should be in the mail right now.

Michael

Hi,

While I admit to being somewhat biased, I think we are a good company to consider...especially if you are looking to build out a complete site around the concept of underwear.

We work through Linkshare and our minimum payout is $25. Based on your prior posts though, my guess is that that is a non-issue once you get going with a merchant.

Here are a few things to consider about underwear:

-most people know the brands and sizes they like
    -most underwear is not tried on in the store (except bras)
    so buying it over the internet just makes sense
    -low return rate (exception-bras)
    -almost every single visitor to any site you own wears products we sell everyday

Here's why you should consider us:
    -80+ top brands - easy to optimize on major brand names
    -men's and women's brands - easy to optimize on gender
    -every major style carried - optimize on style (brief, hi-cut, bikini, low-rider, white, fly, no-fly, button-fly, etc.)
    -premium merchant at Linkshare - which means we're one of the good guys
    -minimum 8% payout - tiers to 10%
    -dynamic rich media banners available

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Thanks for your replies!

aek,
    I'm willing to promote anything, not any perticular category, I'm a full time affiliate - so I work on anything that makes me money will check out Amazon's program, thanks

Emdub,

Overstock and mondera look good, I've been promoting overstockfor about 3 months on my discount shopping site .. actually just a banner on it's home page, have made about 50$s with them - without actually marketing the site!

Mondera's site looks promising, they've won the ABW best merchant award - no harm in promoting them on a few thousand new pages targeted for the next google update.

Michael,
    Underwear sounds interesting, I am willing to make a complete underwear site with each of it's pages SEOed.

If you convert good, I'll have a few more underwear sites targeting the sub-categories for underwear.

The only problem is, I know a person who has a undergarments site that gets about 700-800 clicks for CJ undergarment merchants each day, but he hardly makes a sale or two , according to him, he is averaging a sale every 300-400 clicks, which is In my opinion a bad conversion ratio. So if you have ideas by which barenessecities can convert better, please let me know.

Thanks again,
    Regards,
    Thathagata.

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

Hi,

Well, it's hard to compare us to a mystery site, but I think our overall conversion for affiliates is well under 1 in 100.

It really all depends on the affiliate site, and the demographics, and how they get their traffic, and whether people are actually shopping, and so on and so on.

If you build a site that gets good positioning on the search engines, you should do well. Now keep in mind that if you use terms like 'sexy lingerie', and 'see-through' and things like that, you will not get the traffic that we will be able to convert for you.

If you focus on the brands, and styles, and quality, then we should work well.

As to why we would/should convert better than the example you gave, the only thing I can say is that we are one of the largest (if not the largest) online etailer of intimate apparel, and we carry the broadest selection of popular brands. We also carry a very large size range for bras (from 30A-52I).

We work directly with the major manufacturers, so we are able to take advantage of every promotion they offer...Buy2Get1, 25% off, etc.

Again, I'm kind of biased, but I do think that our niche is pretty much a no-brainer. Everyone needs what we sell, and it's not something they try on in the store, and they know the brands they like.

And last but not least, if you add one of our DRM's, we have a promotion that extends your return-days through 10/9/03, so even if the traffic doesn't convert right away, you may still get credit later this year.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I want to rely less on just one company for all my money, so I wish to diversify to as many good individual, linkshare and other merchants.
    Can anyone who's had success with good non-CJ merchants list down the ones they like, and most importantly - Pay! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi AffiliateBuddha,

I think it's a great idea to diversify. I try to do that at least once a month. As to which ones, I wonder, why would anyone want to increase their competition by telling you that?

On the other hand, if you're thinking about partnerships like two tier programs, there are some good independents out there. PM me if you want to take a look at the ones I use. I'll send you a link to sign up so I get some credit from your sales. If you make a sale, then I'll send you the rest of my recommendations. Saves time.

By the way, my Internet income, minus expenses, just passed my day job gross income. Woowho!

Ray

If it's slick, it's not sticky.

Michael,

I'm convinced, Joining your affiliate program on linkshare in a few mins. do u have an MSN messenger ID? maybe we can chat a while before I can start the promotions and making the site.

Ray,
    will PM you right away!

Regards,
    Tathagata.

Hi Tathagata,

Glad to hear you are going to join our program. I'm looking forward to seeing the site you create.

I'm normally not in the office on Saturday, and I'm headed out the door in just a minute, so I can't really chat with you right now. If you come up with any questions though, just shoot me an email, and I'll try to help.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040

Performics has some good programs and they do pay. But IMHO CJ still the most reliable and consistent.

I have an advertiser that pays and pays well! I have asked him to start a 3 tier program and he agreed. As soon as I can, I will be willing to share with anyone who agrees to sign up under me.

He is putting it together now but his site got wormed....gees...

I am very enthusiastic about this because I have good success and with a little training from us, I think this guy will end up being a very good AM.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

AffiliateBuddha,

Do I have you on board at CJ? There are many ABW members here that are earning *hundreds* of dollars in commissions every month from us alone. And they've just gotten started Send me an e-mail if you'd like more information. Plus, if you join before February 1, you'll receive 8% commission! See this thread for more information:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=3746000902

If I may quote from one of the e-mails I've received from an ABW member: "your company is my most consistent CJ merchant!"

Have a nice weekend!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ 365 DAY COOKIE ~ GREAT CONVERSION ~ LOW REVERSAL RATE

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread