ABW Ambassador
    [2007]Veremedia
    I did a search on Veremedia (veremedia.com) and couldn't find any threads so here I go. They cold called me from one of my whois entries soliciting "Faith and Family" CPC advertising. Packages start at 3K. Although rediculously steep, I am curious if anyone has anything to say about this company.

CanadianDave

Avoid Veremedia!!!
    This company is awful. They have not paid me for March yet! (It is now the end of June).

This company owes me thousands of dollars and is refusing to pay, in fact they have blocked my emails so they now come back as refused.

They mention in their contract that they pay 55% to the publisher, but I get an average of $0.50 CPM and they charge the advertiser an average of $5.50 CPM. They took this off their website as to avoid and obvious problem with the publishers.

Please avoid this company at all costs!!!

Never Heard.

http and a telephoto
    rosebizs, Welcome to ABestWeb. You might want to check the posting dates of the threads you are commenting on, and not resurrect old threads with comments that are not helpful. "Never Heard" on an old thread doesn't add any value to the conversation, nor will it up your post count so you can get PM and signature.

Find current threads that you can comment on with something useful or start threads with questions you have and you will find a community that is more eager to interact with you.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I've been working with Veremedia for 2 years. I've had multiple problems in the past as well where they were up to 6 months late on payments. They did finally pay in the past after several emails and phone calls. So I've stuck with them and given them as much grace and mercy as possible... never resorting to public criticism and being a reasonable publisher.

But I'm running out of patience...

As of now (April '09), they haven't paid us since Oct '08 and owe us thousands of dollars. Their payment terms are net-60, so they're way beyond late. So I again contact them and they tried to offer me an unreasonable "payment plan" where they pay me in 10-15% increments over the next 6 months. No apology. No interest. No late fee compensation.

And in all seriousness, they were trying to turn their net-60 payment terms into net-360. On the fly and without my knowledge. I reject their "suggestion" and ask for payment for the past 6 months in full now. They said they'll "get back to me" I'll update this post to let you all know how it goes.

David E. and Ellie K. are my contacts at Veremedia. I will edit their names out upon request. But I feel like this company needs some of this bad press to get their act together. Michael M. is their CEO and has never bothered to contact me to discuss the issue, despite my multiple requests that I speak with him.

Joe Suh, MyChurch.org
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; February 8th, 2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Remove last names.

ABW Ambassador
    Please READ the thread & dates before posting !!!

It has now been over a year and they have yet to pay me, but I continue to keep publishing their content in hopes that they will act with some integrity... no luck.

If you are thinking of publishing with them - DON'T!!! This is a scam company. Avoid them!

I only say this in hopes that they will actually do something. Veremedia is a lying cheat of a company that pays it's employees with the publisher's money. It is theft and I have no recourse but a lawsuit.

I have been with Veremedia for about two years now. They paid really good the first year or so. Then they started getting behind on payments. The last payment I have received was in March of this year, but it was for October 2008. I have not received payment for November 08 yet, so they are several months behind. They owe me thousands of dollars and they never respond to your emails. After calling them many times, they always say I will receive a payment "soon". It is very frustrating, but I still have some ads up for veremedia, hoping they will come around eventually. This is starting to seem like a scam. Any one else having better luck with Veremedia?

kevin

Veremedia as publisher
    I have used other ad networks and most of them out there are secular ad networks. Actually I havent found any other Christian ad network besides Veremedia. The secular networks payments were often behind and they send me inappropriate ads for a Christian audience. Veremedia sends me appropriate ads for my website which I really appreciate. Ive had lots of complaints about ads from other networks especially Google. Veremedia payments have been delayed from time to time but they always pay me eventually. Their eCPM goes up and down but overall are actually higher than other ad networks Ive used. I think Veremedia can improve on some things but overall Im pretty satisfied with them so far.

after looking at the initial post here, I'm wondering . . . is there a charge to the affiliate to use this service?

Veremedia
    No, they don't charge the affiliate to use their services

As an update to my post from April 3rd, 2009, the CEO has been working diligently with me to get my late payments processed and issued. I appreciate the company's efforts and understand they are likely facing challenges collecting payments from advertisers on their end.

I've restarted Veremedia campaigns on our site and will report back positively or negatively, depending on how they do from a publisher perspective. I believe a service like Veremedia is very much needed in the Christian niche, and I hope to become a fan of theirs again soon.

Joe Suh, MyChurch.org
    Last edited by mychurchorg; May 27th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

veremedia
    i've been working with ad networks for about 5 years now and been with veremedia for over a year. so far they've done a good job with their payments. all of my website revenue comes from their service. a little suprised to read the comments in this thread as they've been on time for me mostly. sometimes they are late but i've used non-christian ad networks that are supposedly very big and they've paid me quite late sometimes. and they really don't get back to you. even if veremedia payments are late, i wouldn't call them a "scam". i would image that if it were a scam they wouldnt have paid anything and wouldn't keep in touch with their partners. i've actually visited their office and they run a legit business. they are the network with christian banners at reasonable payouts. i think it's worth giving them a try. google is horrible. i had some gay dating ads appear on my site. i'll never use them again.

good company
    they've been good for me. no late payments. nice ads. good payout. no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by joshd4290
    .... google is horrible. i had some gay dating ads appear on my site. i'll never use them again.
    yes, Google is horrible. I've also had problems with inappropriate ads appearing through Google Ad Words.

All the ads from veremedia have been good.

avoid Google!

great ad network
    Quote Originally Posted by doingitgood
    This company is awful. They have not paid me for March yet! (It is now the end of June).

This company owes me thousands of dollars and is refusing to pay, in fact they have blocked my emails so they now come back as refused.

They mention in their contract that they pay 55% to the publisher, but I get an average of $0.50 CPM and they charge the advertiser an average of $5.50 CPM. They took this off their website as to avoid and obvious problem with the publishers.

Please avoid this company at all costs!!!
    That's not really considered late technically. They pay Net 60 which means you get paid 60 days after the end of the month. So for a March payment, you should get that around the end of June. If you don't get it at that time, I'd give them another week or so.

Net 60 might seem long, but there are networks I've used that pay Net 90.

I've placed the veremedia tags on my site about 2 years ago. Payments are usually on time. I'm averaging a decent cpm payout. Higher than average.

Here is an update from my post from last year --

Veremedia ended up being about 5 months behind schedule for most of 2009, and they would only send a check after I constantly emailed and called them about sending one. They finally caught up to only three months behind (net 90) around Christmas time, but I havent received a check since then. Today is March 1st, and I am still waiting on my check for September 2009. So we are now 6 months behind (net 180). After multiple calls and emails, they still say they cannot mail checks out due to their finances not being stable. I am getting really frustrated because they owe me thousands of dollars and keep saying that the check is coming "later". Anyone else having similar problems? They have great ads and great CPM, but everything else is horrible!

Veremedia / Faithadnet
    I have been dealing with Veremedia, Inc. a.k.a. Faithadnet for several years. For the first few months our relationship with them was excellent. However, for several years now they repeatedly do NOT pay. Only after hounding them and making threats to contact the Better Business Bureau do they pay. However, this last time, after repeated threats to receive payment for April-August, they sent me a check for $219, when in fact our site had generated over 1.1 million impressions and payment should have been over $1100!

I have now filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and advise everyone else to do the same: Home - New York BBB

Furthermore, I suggest contacting the State Attorney of NY too.

The business practice of Veremedia / Faithadnet is deplorable!

Steer clear!

SAKEITH

Veremedia Status Amended
    Regarding my post of Nov. 16, 2010:

Through repeated attempts to receive payment for advertising services rendered for Veremedia, Inc. a.k.a. Faithadnet, Inc. we have now reached a settlement for payment.

However, we have advised Veremedia, Inc. that we do expect payment on the first of every month henceforth--AS PER OUR CONTRACT.

I do appreciate the fact that Veremedia has brought their account current.

Regards,
    Sarah Keith
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 6th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Veremedia has not paid me for 2 years. They are 20,000+ dollars behind. I have used them for more than 5 years now. They never pay me. I have to email and call constantly to get payment. I own [removed] which gives them a huge amount of ad time. So if they are going to treat their best publishers this way you can bet you will never hear from them.

I will update this post if I ever get my current request for payment. I have suspended their ads and have asked for at least 15k of late payments.
    Last edited by teezone; August 25th, 2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: site removed - read forum rules

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcblair View Post
    Veremedia has not paid me for 2 years. They are 20,000+ dollars behind. I have used them for more than 5 years now. They never pay me.
    Shame on you. Why in the world would you let ANY merchant get in arrears like that?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    They've owed you over $20k for two years and all you are doing is sending emails/calls and *****ing on a forum?

23. Thanks From:

never heard of them! but 3k? that's a lot, man! And if what Convergence said is true, avoid that company!

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread