Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Wyndham Vacation Resorts withdrawing from affiliate marketing
    To all affiliates in my program. As some of you guys already know or I might have hinted, our company is withdrawing from the affiliate marketing scene.

I want to thank all affiliates, OPM, merchants, Linkshare and those who have been very supportive. I will be contributing on here.

This email just went out and I tried to contact as many affiliates as I can personally. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at the # below.

Dear Affiliate,

Thank you for being a valued partner. We have seen tremendous growth and success until recently. We regret to inform you that we made a difficult business decision to place the affiliate program on hold starting Sept 3, 2007.

Since the program will be placed on hold on Sept 3, 2007, all transactions after this date will be non-commissionable. We will honor all return day sales per the current offer (30 days). Please note that this change ONLY affects the Wyndham Vacation Resorts as I have often been asked about the Wyndham Hotel program on Performics. The Wyndham Hotel program is on a different network and is unaffected by this change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and sincerely appreciate your understanding through this business decision. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please contact us immediately at affiliates /at/ wyndhamvo.com

Regards,
    Eric Ewe
    407-370-6105
    affiliates /at/ wyndhamvo.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Eric, sorry to hear that you had to take this route. Never an easy decision. Hope this doesn't mean you are out of a job.

ABW Ambassador
    I second Chuck's concern. Hope all is well for you and that you'll continue to be an active part of our community.

Thanks Chuck and Aunt Lily. I am not out of a job (or at least that was never brought up) and I will be working on other programs as before.

I got many well wishers and concerned people who PM me. Many thanks.

My main goal is to have a smooth transition off LS so that no affiliate caught in the dark.

p.s. I will still stick around here

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Did they take your award away?

(Best of luck with your future endeavors.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I am sad to hear this news. Wyndham Worldwide has a product that is a perfect fit for affiliate marketing.

I hope my complaints about the broken Cendant program were not a factor in the decision to close their effective vacation program.

Always sad to go, of course. Best of luck with your other ventures!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Affiliate Manager
    Eric, I'm very sorry to see one of my favorite travel allies leave the space. I hope you do stay very involved on here, and make it to some events as well.

Bump.

To answer some questions..
    AffiliateHound,
    Did they take your award away?

(Best of luck with your future endeavors.)
    Nope. This was presented to me for the contributions to LS.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

yintercept,
    I hope my complaints about the broken Cendant program were not a factor in the decision to close their effective vacation program.
    No, that was not a factor. However, I did try to contact some people and LS AM for Cendant to help address the concerns. I did not get too far.

Thanks Jason. Hope you enjoyed your trip to SF.

Angela, Glad I am able to meet you personally at the LS Merchant Advisory board. I will still be around. Doubt that I will make it to the Affiliate events but I might venture out to some SES or e-comm events. If affiliate summit comes to Orlando, I will definately be there to meet up.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe
    Doubt that I will make it to the Affiliate events but I might venture out to some SES or e-comm events. If affiliate summit comes to Orlando, I will definately be there to meet up.
    We'll miss you buddy!

Look forward to seeing you when AffSumm comes to Otown.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    Eric, you've been a great member of the affiliate marketing community. Thanks for all your help over the years.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Eric, I always liked you -- I don't know what else to say.
    You were always very helpful
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    Eric,
    Sorry to see you close down. You are so good at AM that I hope you step into another program and stay with us.

Morgen

whats so different paying affiliate commission versus travel agent fees? I will miss the program.

Sooo to hear that, hope things are continuing to go well with the transition.
    KK

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I know you will be fine Eric, you are a quality guy. I appreciate your contributions here and look forward to many more to come!

Best of the Best To You!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Why the shut-down?
    Anyone care to comment as to why Wynham shut down its affiliate program?

Sorry to hear that Eric. You'll have to "tell all" at the luncheon. I wish the program a smooth transition out

Bump. BUMP
    Please take a minute to remove all links.

Thanks for all your support within the last couple of years.

ABW Ambassador
    I am sending all of the traffic that never converted with the broken Cendant program to Choice Hotels and am doing well. With a little work, I think affiliates will be able to move a few thousand customers from Wyndam to the competition.

I hope you get a big promotion when they realize their mistake of abandoning this channel.

I am sending all of the traffic that never converted with the broken Cendant program to Choice Hotels and am doing well. With a little work, I think affiliates will be able to move a few thousand customers from Wyndam to the competition.
    Cendant Hotel is a different program from the Wyndham Vacation Resorts (WVR) and I oversaw the WVR program.

Cendant hotel focused on hotel rooms while WVR was focused on Mini Vacations. Totally 2 different target market.

As for the WVR program:
    I have been winding down the program since late August and I doubt that anybody is caught with their links up. Thus, I sent out 2 reminder emails a few days before LS stop tracking. 90% of affiliates took down the links/banners in the first week of Sept. If you still have some links up, tracking will not work.

I think there are lots of nice hotel affiliate programs out there.

1) Wyndham Hotel (Performics). I know that is not going away. It is more of an upscale target market and there is only one brand "Wyndham Hotel".

2) IC Hotel (CJ). They have brands like Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express to IC. I had an affiliate visit me at work and while browsing his site, we were not able to connect to IC's site. Yes, we tried 3 diff PC. I posted about their DNS issues on ABW a while back and got slammed. Spoke to the IC's AM following that and she seems to have a level head. The aff is IC's top aff.

3) Hotels.com. Don't know about their tracking but I know they have a white label program. Check out Ian.com

Or as recommended, Choice hotel.

Anyway, please remove any links for Wyndham Vacation Resorts and/or feel free to replace it with other links.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread