Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    best place to buy turnkey sites?
    i seen on site point they where selling youtube like sites and sites in various other categories.. would it be a good idea to invest in one of these sense they already have the traffic and Google ranks.. im making some sites i just want several sites. im pretty new at being an affiliate i don't know the legitimacy of the site

ABW Ambassador
    no

why no, can you give me a reason?

You can typically find turnkey sites on eBay for $50 or less. They know what they're worth.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Scott,

Your time would be better spent reading this forum and learning to build you own sites. It isn't as hard as it might seem. Pay close attention to people like Michael Coley and his posts, and may more like him. You will thank yourself for this.

In a nutshell, you shouldn't have to buy anything other than hosting, or needed software. You may want to ask about ebooks, some are good, some not.

You are on the right track. Before you buy anything, search here first. If you can't find it in a search, ask. It will save you money.

i am a web designer i just want a variety of sites without having to do much work.. thats a whole point in being an affiliate right? lol

iv i did buy that site id probably alter the design anyway... mainly want it for the traffic!

im not the type of guy to doubt everything i see on the net and this guy says he makes good money from adsense and clickbank but what puzzled me is if hes making good money why is he selling it for $45

ABW Ambassador
    "i am a web designer i just want a variety of sites without having to do much work.. thats a whole point in being an affiliate right?"

Do you want to be a broke affiliate or actually make money? And who put that into your head that it's not "much work" ?

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I agree. Don't spend one cent until you have had the opportunity to search this and other forums. Don't bother with the million and one e-books that get peddled to the unsuspecting and above all, take your time.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I started affiliate marketing in 2003 when I couldn't even copy and paste an image. I've gone on to build entire web sites, learnt a bit about SEO and PPC and using software scripts for different applications.

I've made a lot of contacts over the four years and now run a string of websites, operate as an affiliate manager for a handful of merchants, run a software development business and have a small and modest limited company in the UK that might actually start to show a profit soon.

The advice from this forum and the main UK forum has been absolutely invaluable in my learning and development. It has in time resulted in my becoming well known in certain fields and in turn has resulted in self generation of business and some very rewarding working relationships with companies, affiliates and consultants.

Affiliate Marketing is a rewarding industry but it is no get rich quick route. I've never subscribed to the "learn to make $ the easy way" brigade and I dislike MLM and "clubs" with a vengeance.

Call me a purist or old fashioned but in business, whether it is online or offline, I believe in business ethics. In etiquette. In honesty.

There are many honest folk. There are also many dishonest folk.

Take your time to learn by reading the forums as much as you can. Use the search facility for old threads. You'll soon spot the genuine affiliates from the scumbag scraper thieves.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

they say put 3-4 hours in a week and you can be a powerfull affiliate what interested me is the site had a year of hosting plus the domain... the site its self is easily editable and already has alot of members sharing videos...

ABW Ambassador
    "they say put 3-4 hours in a week and you can be a powerfull affiliate"

Yes and some emails say take some pills and you'll get a bigger ****.

They're just selling you on the dream. Get rich quick or get rich easy, not much work involved etc. And there's a lot of people out there that eat it up. I don't feel sorry for them.

I put in 80+ hours a week so they're talking bullsh**! Besides, that sort of viral marketing isn't totally white hat.

Forget that avenue and look at something more traditional to get yourself started.

Find a merchant which sells products you can relate to. Build a website to promote those products using a combination of editorial that you keep updated such as reviews and use creative like a datafeed of the products with a script to display them. Keep your site original and nurture it using all the honest techniques that can be found by trawling the threads on the forum. In time you will develop a website that CUSTOMERS would like to visit and would recommend to their friends. THAT is how you develop a decent long lasting web presence. Not by some "Fly By Night" e-crap that can be gotten from some shylock on the street corner.

im trying to make a site promoting these products... but the problem with that is most people run from affiliate links... im trying to not look like an affiliate.. im with tigerdirect and a couple other company's now.. i wish i could integrate there order forms on my site so i dont look like an affiliate, just trying to make a quick buck.. if anything else i was going to try there pop up links.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott44
    mainly want it for the traffic!
    Why does the traffic continue after you redesign it??

im not the type of guy to doubt everything i see on the net
    Maybe you should be at least a little skeptical.

and this guy says he makes good money from adsense and clickbank but what puzzled me is if hes making good money why is he selling it for $45
    Ohhhhhhhh......You are a little skeptical........
    That is $45.00 more than he had before. Make enough 45 dollar sales and you can be rich. How many sites does this guy have for sale?
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

im trying to make a site promoting these products... but the problem with that is most people run from affiliate links... im trying to not look like an affiliate.. im with tigerdirect and a couple other company's now.. i wish i could integrate there order forms on my site so i dont look like an affiliate, just trying to make a quick buck.. if anything else i was going to try there pop up links.
    Scott

It is very easy to ensure your website doesn't just look like any other "affiliate" site. Most merchants do not permit access to their API so cart integration isn't on, but you can deeplink using a variety of techniques to individual products and many merchants do provide (depending on their sector) content units or widgets containing for instance a Best Sellers list or an online registration form. It all depends on the sector.

Don't be disheartened by how difficult it can be. Affiliate marketing truly is a learning curve. Take your time. If you take the time to do your research you will see how it can be done properly and how you can build a site that adds VALUE to the customer browsing experience. This would help you in the SERPS, ensure you encourage return visitors and with the right format, generate significant repeat sales.

i am a web designer i just want a variety of sites without having to do much work.. thats a whole point in being an affiliate right? lol

iv i did buy that site id probably alter the design anyway... mainly want it for the traffic!

im not the type of guy to doubt everything i see on the net and this guy says he makes good money from adsense and clickbank but what puzzled me is if hes making good money why is he selling it for $45
    He's selling it for $45 because many people believe in magic bullets.

There is one way to make quite a bit of money very easily in affiliate marketing. However, you have to visit this merchant site directly. I have the stuff you need to get there. Just two magic beans, for $250 each, just add water. When you get to the top of the beanstalk, head to the castle, knock three times, tell em "Mack sent me".

Start here. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You can typically find turnkey sites on eBay for $50 or less. They know what they're worth.
    Coley again comes through with the cold hard truth!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    im trying to make a site promoting these products... but the problem with that is most people run from affiliate links
    You sure about that? I mean, a few might, but many don't even know what an affiliate link is. And even so, where are they going to run to... through your link to the merchant? Mission accomplished. Reminds me of discussions here on why ugly sites work. The goal is to get the person to leave... to leave straight to the merchant.

(I know, repeat visitors are great, but whomever might be wanting to point that out, you get my point)

well maybe its just me... but before i actually new what affiliate marketing is... i right clicked the link and seen that it wasn't the original link and it looked like a referral link so i typed the original domain in... and i almost never clicked on the adds...

ABW Ambassador
    Scott44, nobody is trying to knock you in anyway, so don't be discouraged by this (maybe you aren't anyway). I don't really feel like this thread gave you a reason for avoiding those types of sites. I'm not totally sure of it myself, as I haven't really messed with those sites; but maybe you should ask them how they don't work if they don't and for a decent alternative.

Just my two cents.

If those types of sites worked, the people selling them wouldn't be selling them (especially in the $10-$50 range). They don't come with any traffic, links, or established customer bases. And they look almost exactly like the 1000 other copies of the site that the seller has already sold. They're usually very basic and have no appeal. You're going to have to start from square one with them, so why not start from square one with a good idea and your own unique content?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Talking

You just answered your own question. If he was making money on it he would not be selling it.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Talking
    Who told you that bull. We all make money from affiliate sites. People don't run away from our affiliate sites.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

contrary to what some think...being an affiliate can be a LOT of work.

don't kid yourself, there are no get rick quick solutions. and you certainly can't buy a "turnkey" site for the prices you are talking about. be patient, build your own stuff.

Scott, look at it this way. If these sites are capable of generating hundreds or thousands of dollars a month, why wouldn't the seller just keep it for themselves? There are plenty of low cost web hosting solutions available so the seller could very easily publish these sites themselves and make thousands as opposed to selling it to you and only making $40-$50.

Instead of investing in a "get rich quick" website invest your time here at ABW and learn what it really takes to become a successful affiliate. Save the $40-$50 until you have a good idea of what's required and build your website so that it reflects your personality and the things that you've learned here and then invest it in a good hosting plan.

As a web designer you could could use any of the hundreds of free or low cost templates available and customize them to get the look and feel that you think is right for the audience you're trying to attract. But the idea that there is a shortcut and that you can spend a few hours a week and be successful is just not going to happen.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

In my experience there is no such thing as a turnkey site. You always have to put in some effort in the marketing of your site. Don't expect to buy a script, install it and have 1000's of visitors flocking to your site.

That's just my 10 cents

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast