Hi,
    Does anyone have any time saving or useful tips on how to get the most up to date coupons from all merchants? Is there a way to get that information in the form of a datafeed or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    no.
    you think you can throw up one of these sites and do 0 work? Well, I guess thats what everyone thinks now...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I'll admit to wondering that myself.

I've started one of those sites and it is alot of work just to keep it halfway current.

For the entreprenurial minded selling subscriptions to a database like that might be a good idea.

To answer the gentlemens question. The best thing I found is to sign up for all the merchant notifications, check your affiliate mailbox at linkshare, CJ etc., and then check out the competition. DO NOT, however, steal from your competition.

If I see a coupon I don't have, I investigate it with the merchant to see if it is a public coupon and not one specific to that website. Merchants will give their top producers coupons that are specific to their site. Merchants will also drop you if their bread and butter complains that you are posting unauthorized coupons. Yes, the top producers will be checking out your site looking for missed deals. That is why they are top producers.

I am relatively new, so if I missed something feel free to help out a fellow affiliate.

ABW Ambassador
    Sign up to receive the affiliate newsletters. Sign up for the regular newsletters on the site. Email the merchant, i've have gotten some goods ones like this. Some will give you coupons only for your site if you give them good placement or have generated some sales for them in the past. Thats actually one of my goals this year: for someone to take one of my exclusive coupons off my site. That and having Oprah link me.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

Thans for the info....but i have all that down. I was hoping there was other ways of obtaining the most up to date coupon codes.Any insight would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Outsourced Program Manager
    Steven, I agree with the posters here, the best way, at least in our case, is to read those affiliate newsletters. In our instance we also have a resource site for affiliates that we post current coupons on.

Another good way is to communicate with the affiliate managers continually. Those affiliates that call or email me on a weekly or monthly basis, I make sure I let them know via email or phone when we have a coupon they can offer.

So I think you should give your top performers a call or drop them an email and start a conversation. Let them know who you are and what you are doing, get familiar with them so they become familiar with you. Then they will remember you first when a new promotion is brewing.

Good luck!

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread