Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    HomeMarketplace/WalterDrake Product Link Errors are Back
    The problem with HomeMarktplace and WalterDrake product links discussed in this thread from earlier this month has now returned.

Just as before, the first click on a product link goes to an error page and a second click goes to the product page.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I just tried 3 - they all worked fine. But I'll keep my eyes open

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I just tried 3 - they all worked fine. But I'll keep my eyes open
    Hmm.

I found the problem because a customer sent me an email saying they wanted to make a purchase and got the error message. I then tried the product they referred to and got the error message on the first click, and the product page when I clicked it a second time. This was a HomeMarketplace product.

I then went to a different one of my sites and tried a Walter Drake product link, with the same result, and then I posted here.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

You have to give them credit for chutzpah. Just received this from Walter Drake:

Hi!

I work on the Walter Drake account here at LinkShare. Over the past month or so, conversion for this brand on your site has been surprisingly low. I wanted to reach out and see if you perhaps had any insight as to why this might be. Please let me know if I can help you in any way to solve this.

Thanks!
    Ben
    So, I wrote back to Ben:

Oh, gee Ben, why is my conversion rate so low? Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that instead of landing visitors on the page I have linked to, you send them to an error page encouraging them to call a toll-free number. You can help me solve this by actually letting people land on the product page instead.

Yea, Tracy, I got the same email and sent back a similar reply.

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare isn't sending anyone to those landing pages, the merchant is. I thought Ranae had this issue addressed the last time it happened. Why isn't Linkshare monitoring it? I guess that's a hypothetical question because based on my experience and many comments posted here, I doubt that Linkshare does much of any monitoring. Cendant come to mind?

As Snowman pointed out, the problem is with the merchant - they choose the (horrible) commissions, they choose the (no cookie whatsover) cookies, they choose the "call our toll free number" error page and they choose the "Get 10% off next order/we'll give your credit card info to a 3rd party to explot" you get after checkout.

Ben got assigned to the MilesKimbal sites, and unfortunately, some of the other "worst merchants" on the network.

All he can do is look at the reports and if your sales dropped as you stated, send you an email notifying you and asking if there's anything he can do - which is exactly what he did!

Ideally, if they send out a LOT of those emails, they should put 2 and 2 together... but I think MK has made it clear they want free links rather then sales partners (which is why the terms are miserable on ALL their programs)

FYI: The only WalterDrake product I have is the personalized p e n c i l s, and since they moved, my stats are

82 clicks

5 sales (TWO were my test sales and one was a friend testing)

So I thoroughly pre-screened 79 people for those p e n c i l s, and WD found a way to not convert - err... not pay.

An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly. You may also call 1-800-858-4979 to place your order.
    They're baaaaaaaaaaaack

I copied this link direct from Linkshare:

<"...click.linksynergy dor com/fs-bin/click?id=xxx&offerid=xxxxx.10000005&type=3&subid=0">Get $1 shipping on all orders $35 or more at WalterDrake!

Subtotal: $90.36
    Shipping: $12.99
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $103.35

I think NOT!!!

It's happening again at both Walter Drake and Home Marketplace:

Walter Drake:
    An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly. You may also call 1-800-858-4979 to place your order.
    Home Marketplace:
    An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back shortly. You may also call 1-888-994-8697 to place your order.
    Just as before. You get the error page on the first click. The second time you click the same link, the error miraculously is gone and the product is displayed.

It's never really stopped. Links work for awhile, then the errors start again. Over and over. Over and over. ad nauseam

Well... they listened!

http://wdrake.resultspage.com/search...nd&isort=score

Here's one of their baby booties

If you click the order button you get an error message that says "You must pick a quantity before clicking the order button"

You look vainly... there is NO quantity box

You switch browsers thinking it must be a Firefox issue

After 20 fruitless minutes you break down and CALL them

"I'm trying to order a booty. It says I must choose a quantity. There's no place to enter a quantity.

"Sir, when no quantity box appears, that means the product is out of stock and can't be ordered thru our site. You can only order it with me on the phone and we'll ship it to you as soon as it comes in"

Aargh!

WHY - I repeat WHY - gives us these links knowing we're not gonna get a commission.

WHY?????????????

ABW Ambassador
    The Linkshare employees who are managing this program should be fired and all of these co-owned websites should be terminated from Linkshare.

Enough is enough with both Linkshare management of these programs and this merchant.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Still working with these putzes, huh guys?

ok, walter drake won't let you add a quantity - hence no sale

went to miles kimball - they have the bootie - you can specify a quantity and there fore add it to your cart

when you get to checkout, there's bold red "This product isn't available yet/no idea when it will be/pls remove it from your cart

so why have it on the site?

one more, also miles kimball

they have personalized wighted bookmarks, available in several colors with your monogram

http://www.mileskimball.com/mileskim...0143&SiteNum=0

there's no place to choose the color

and no place to enter personalization

results in phone order, and no commission

anyone seeing any transactions posted for them for tha last 5 days??

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread