site that will take my link
    Hello everyone.
    I am new here and was hoping to get some help.

I want to find all of the sites I can that will allow me to submit my site for free. Its like a link exchange, but not actually exchanging, just submitting my site to hundreds of others.

I heard of one site that listed over 100 sites on it, that had rankings of 1-10, the higher the ranking the better they were. Does anyone know what site I am referring to??? Please let me know if you do. What is the url???

Thanks,
    B

http and a telephoto
    Do a google search for link directories. There are thousands.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the resply Loxly,

Too bad other people are not willing to share any information, especially if they know what site I am referring to. When I search for link directories I get over 45 million results. That is way to many to go through. Maybe I will end up going through 10,000, but who knows.

If anyone knows what site has a ranking for how good the links are (rated from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best) I would really appreciate if you were to share that information... after all we are all in this together.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry that I don't really have the answer that you are looking for... but I do want to say welcome to ABW!

Thanks for the welcome, Bpal

I found another site that is similar to what I was looking for. It is: stongestlinks dot com/directories.php However, this site is not the same. Yes, it shows the rankings of how good the sites are for having links submitted to them, but there is a difference. The site I am looking for would allow me to click the links which would take me directly to where I could submit my url. This site here, the strongestlinks site, does not take me where I want to go, all it shows is the rankings. Still that is much better than what I did have a couple of hours ago.

B

http and a telephoto
    bevans, the reason no one has an answer for you is that there are 45 million results. And a link directory that is good for one type of site is bad for another. This is an area where you need to search in the niche you are working in and find the places to submit. There isn't a short cut.

You might want to read the Magic Bullet Thread, we aren't keeping information from you, there are some things you need to find on your own.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by bevans
    Thanks for the resply Loxly,

Too bad other people are not willing to share any information, especially if they know what site I am referring to. When I search for link directories I get over 45 million results.
    I don't think it's that we're "not" willing to share. It is that even with quotes around "link directory" there are 427,000 Google returns. So, chance are very slim that any of us would know the "one" link directory to which you are referring.

Plus there is the fact that many of us do not use link directories because they are not good for SEO. I would never consider putting one of my sites into them, whether they have PR or not.
    ...after all we are all in this together.
    We may all be in the same, or related, businesses; however, I don't necessarily think we are all in this "together." Each of us has our own style(s) and much (the specifics) of what we do as individuals is our own "proprietary" information.

Please follow Loxly's lead and spend time reading The Magic Bullet Thread. It will provide you with a lot of good information. Many people have "shared" in building that thread.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sheesh. I think we're being set up for a link drop, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Sheesh. I think we're being set up for a link drop, folks.
    Uh Oh.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the info guys.
    I was not suggesting that people would share one specific peice of information. Its just that there had only been 2 replies, and I was hoping for more.
    Sorry. It was my expectations that if there are 36,600 members I would get more replies, but I was wrong. I know that I cannot be clear at times and maybe thats all it is... people did not understand what I was asking for. And, those who replied, did understand.

I was only looking for the answer to one question about a site that I can't remember where it was. (Its been a while since I was there). I was not expecting anyone to share their secrets.
    I am not a free-loader... just hoping for a point in the correct direction. (sound contradictory? No, its not. One is "please point me in the right direction", and the other is: "give me all of the answers").
    The magic bullet thread could be that direction to get me going.

Thanks again.

B
    Last edited by bevans; September 2nd, 2007 at 01:17 PM.

http and a telephoto
    I understood you were looking for a specific site, but unfortunately there are a zillion of those kinds of sites and we don't know which one either
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    It would have also helped to describe what the specific site was like in the first post. Also, look at the thread title:

site that will take my link
    What does "take my link" mean?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by hhappyearl
    Hello,
    Yeah I do that all the time I use <bleep> it's free and people can dig/stumble your site. There's a forum and the site is really easy to use, I also like the fact that it's a PR2 which isn't to bad. There are a few others that you can get good site exposure with also but be sure to make your site appealing to the visitor so it will be somthing they will want to link to and that will create traffic for you.
    That is NOT a directory, it's a clicking scheme and is just the kind of thing that gets people into trouble.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread