payment options
    I'd like to think we could be a little more progressive when it concerns payment options.In much of the world they won't cash a US check and direct deposit doesn't exist.This means a huge number of people throughout the world can't become SAS affiliates.I belong to the Joe Bucks affiliate program as well and they've recently added a debit card solution to rectify this problem;it's just so incredibly convenient to have my commissions loaded onto a debit card and to visit an atm machine to withdraw my money.Would SAS please consider this option for its members?

ABW Ambassador
    Sandoval, I'm not addressing your question (know nothing about it and can't), but can I ask a question?

debit card solution
    Here (in the States), we need to have a bank account in order to have a debit card, which is "attached" to the bank account in the bank's computer.

How does it work that there can be a debit card without a bank account behind it?

In much of the world they won't cash a US check
    And what parts of the world might those be?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Sandoval, I'm not addressing your question (know nothing about it and can't), but can I ask a question?

Here (in the States), we need to have a bank account in order to have a debit card, which is "attached" to the bank account in the bank's computer.

How does it work that there can be a debit card without a bank account behind it?
    I don't know if this is what the poster is refering to, but there are companies out there that have a type of debit card that replaces checks so to speak. Some employers no longer pay their employees using paper checks. They give them the option of a debit type card or direct deposit. The terms might be along the lines of there being fees with every transaction but the first, which can be used to withdraw the entire amount at a bank or at a participating atm machine. I don't know all the details; however, I think it basically works like I just mentioned.

Like I said, don't know if this is what the original poster was refering to or not.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It works just like a pre-paid credit card. The entity that issues it (employer, company giving a product rebate, bank, or merchant paying affiliates, etc.) "loads" $xx into it and the recipient can use it like a credit or debit card, with funds withdrawn against the "load". It can then periodically be re-filled when further funds are due the recipient.

There is no need for the recipient to have their own bank account - use it "where ever credit cards are accepted."

FEMA is now infamous for giving out thousands of such cards each with around $1,500 loaded to people displaced by Hurricane Katrina. (Many were needy people in a horrible situation who greatly benefited by this, but many, many were later prosecuted for fraud - a lot never even lived in the hurricane area.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It is probably a very good affiliate payment option to add to the direct deposit (one that SaS sends to U.S., Canadian, British and a good part of the EU countries' bank accounts) and the checks, but I don't see this implemented until a super affiliate appears on the horizon -- one that makes the whole endeavor worth it, because he/she that cannot deal neither with the DD, nor with the checks... By the way, does anyone know of any affiliate network (not an individual affiliate program, but a network) that offers such a payment option at this time?

Geno

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread