I am sure all of us are busy achieving our 2003 goals . I have goals and to do lists for 10 different sites plus some non-site-specific goals. This is a bear to keep up with and I am not sure I am being as efficient as I could be. Can some of you share how you keep track of your various to-do items and goals? Do any of you use goal tracking software? Do you use spreadsheets? How do you set them up?

Bill
    Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
    George Gurdjieff

I have one spreadsheet/graph with the number of urls I want to hit by the end of the year, and another with a list of the sites I want to build over the next 3 months - just the site names. I don't go into any more detailed planning than that because otherwise I would spend all my time planning, when I should be building.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I keep it all in my head.

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. - Frank Lloyd Wright

ABW Ambassador
    I also keep it all in my head. If you feel strongly enough about your goals then they are never far from your thoughts. However I use a very simple method of tracking my to lists and for jotting thoughts and ideas or tidbits find on the internet and may want to utilise at a later date.

Create a new text file on your desktop and rename it scratchpad.txt. Next drag it down to your taskbar and create a shortcut to it there. Now whenever you need to remember something the means to do so is right under your nose.

Don't waste time learning or using goal keeping software that is better spent attaining your goals.

Rgds,

Dirk Gardner

ABW Ambassador
    I keep a paper to-do list. I ignore it if it's on the computer.

Your Brain is your best friend

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

ABW Ambassador
    I use little square bits of paper. When I have an idea,I write a note and place it carefully somewhere on my desk, normally close to the biggest pile.

When the pile gets too big, or I have finished the project I am working on, I sort through the pile and filter out bad or irrelevant ideas, then decide what my next priority is and go for it.

Anyone who looks at my desk just get confused, but I know what is happening

It allows me to keep those fleeting ideas *and* continue to work without worrying about it or waste my time recording it in detail.

I keep a different set of coloured notepad for the task that my wife sets me. Normally a pinkish colour so that I can separate by shuffle and know *exactly* which tasks come first

The final advantage is that as my wife is a bookkeeper, my *filing system* keeps her *far* away from my desk so I dont have to look for things after she has *helped* me by filing them for me

----------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click.

A great FREE program I use to keep track of everything, including my goals, is EasyNoter Light. You can download it at ZDNet or:

http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/downloads.htm

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure.
    - M. Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gopi:
    Your Brain is your best friend
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gopi, with friends like my brain who needs enemies....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Gopi, with friends like my brain who needs enemies.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enemies make our Life Interesting

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

I downloaded the easynoter lite. What a great tool! Thanks for the suggestion.
    I tried paper notes and keeping it in my head..what a disaster for me. I wish I had focus like that.

Bill
    Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
    George Gurdjieff

I have it all written on my arm ala "Donnie Darko"

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread