Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    College Football 2007
    So I'm a Notre Dame fan which means this is going to be a long season and not a good one. Just got beat 33-3 by Georgia Tech and from listening to some sport shows, they were talking about them going 2 - 6 out of their first 8 games because of their schedule. Used 3 different QB's in that game. I say just put in Jimmy Clausen and let him get his bumps and bruises, lost games since he's going to be the starter and there's nothing like actual game experience. This can be a learning season for him and look to the future. Because it's not going to happen this year.

But I feel a little better in knowing that Michigan got beat by Appalachian State in what they're saying is one of the biggest college football upsets. They're actually a good team at least formerly Div I-AA, they were two time defending I-AA champions, won something like 15 in a row. Still a ranked team like Michigan should have handled them.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I would like to start my post off by stating "I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!"

I have been a Boston College for as long as I can remember. I am extremely excited for the upcoming season. Matt Ryan is the real deal. Im talking Heisman candidate good. He is going to lead the Eagles to a lot of wins on his own and the ACC title! You heard it here first.

Thank GOD its football season!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    So I gave Weis a call and he agreed with me:

Clausen gets starting nod at QB against Penn State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3003938

I watched Clausen play in a high school game that was televised on ESPN last year. That kid has all the tools to be a terrific college and pro quarterback. Great advice Trust, he is a future heisman winner.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    I hope so. I know he has the tools, was 42-0 in hs (at least the team), had a couple of older brothers that played QB with the Vols, was one of the top prospects etc. Didn't see him play in HS and some others have said the record was also due to the great talent they had on that HS team, which is true, it's not just the QB. So I'm looking forward to watching him play at ND. And I expect a learning process but hopefully before his career is over, get some good things done. Don't see ND being good this year, just lost a lot of talent and they looked horrible. Have to think good things for the future

ND looks to be starting out 0-8 this season, tough schedule for a young team. I say Navy is there first win. Claussen is LUCKY to have Charlie Weis teaching him how to read a defense and call plays for him. It is going to make him a more complete player, and make him NFL ready when it is his time to leave ND.
    Brent Elias

ABW Ambassador
    "ND looks to be starting out 0-8 this season, tough schedule for a young team."

Yeah, it does look that way. And listening to various sport shows and they're all pretty much saying the same thing and lucky if they go 2-6 out of their first 8 games. So it looks like it's going to be a tough year. Hope for a little Luck of the Irish to come into play

Brutal. They (AP) dropped Michigan to 33rd. Tennessee stayed in the top 25 barely, from 15th to 24th, so it just goes to show the difference in losing to a ranked I-A team versus losing to a I-AA team.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    Any National Champion predictions? Right now have to go with USC, that's the easy choice, will have to watch some more.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is going to be a big year for the Pac 10. There are much improved teams at Washington and Washington State, pretty good teams at Oregon, Oregon State and Arizona State, and three of the top teams in the country at UCLA (GoBruins), Cal, and the brain surgeons at the University of Spoiled Children.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I need to see how a few things play out before making a national championship prediction, such as, is Wisconsin for real, will tim tebow lead the gators back to glory, Is LSU going to have a competent offense without Jamarcus Russel, is the winner of Louisville vs West Virginia really going to make the game because they went undefeated in the pathetic big east, there isnt an ACC team worthy in this discussion, is colt mccoy ready to lead a talented Aggies team to the top of the big 12 and the ap polls? The only team I have ed in is USC, they are STACKED. Pete Carroll is one heck of a recruiter and college game planner. I bet he stills has nightmares of Vince Young though.
    Brent Elias

Am I the only one here who remembers there was only ONE undefeated Division I football team in the nation last year??? HINT: Their home field looks like the battlefield after the Mother of All Smurf Apocalypses.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Am I the only one here who remembers there was only ONE undefeated Division I football team in the nation last year??? HINT: Their home field looks like the battlefield after the Mother of All Smurf Apocalypses.
    So you're picking the Boise State Broncos to go undefeated again? .. and win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Good grief. Louisville / Middle Tenn. St -- 49 points in the 1st quarter (28-21 Louisville). 500+ yards of combined offense.

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure if anybody is watching the Michigan vs. Oregon game but damn. 32 - 7 Oregon, 3 min left for the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Not sure if anybody is watching the Michigan vs. Oregon game but damn. 32 - 7 Oregon, 3 min left for the first half.
    Wow! I just turned to that one.

What's happened to Michigan this year??
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    So you're picking the Boise State Broncos to go undefeated again? .. and win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
    Sure. Why not? I went to BSU looong ago my first two years in college. Matter of fact, my wife was a graduate in their first-ever 4 year graduating class. (They started in the 1930s as "Boise Junior College," then added a year, then went to 4. That first 4-year class was in 1967. End of history lesson.)
    Generate more fake news.

Sure. Why not? I went to BSU looong ago my first two years in college. Matter of fact, my wife was a graduate in their first-ever 4 year graduating class. (They started in the 1930s as "Boise Junior College," then added a year, then went to 4. That first 4-year class was in 1967. End of history lesson.)
    Sorry writerguy: End of 3rd Q:
    Washington 24
    BSUJC 10

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Sorry writerguy: End of 3rd Q:
    Washington 24
    BSUJC 10
    Gotta have FAITH!
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow! I just turned to that one.

What's happened to Michigan this year??
    Just stepped out of the room, came back and they scored again while I was gone. 39 - 7.

Didn't somebody in this thread mention that Oregon has a pretty good team this year?
    (and that Washington was much improved)

ABW Ambassador
    Michigan 38 - Notre Dame, my team 0 Horrible.

I take back everything good I've said about UCLA. They haven't played a game this bad since the Pepper Rogers days (or maybe Billy Barnes). Trust, losing by 38 to Michigan is far less awful then losing by 38 (as of 5:09 PDT with 5 min. to play) to Utah.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh hell, was just checking the scores, 44-6, they're losing by 38 too. And it looks like Tennessee got spanked by Florida today 59-20. Watching USC - Nebraska now, would love to see Nebraska win, don't see that happening, probably will lose by a bunch, but would be nice to see

Watch out for the Sooners, that freshman QB is putting up some incredible numbers:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=188934

I'm sending out an urgent request.

If anyone from the Notre Dame defense can show up for a ball game, your presence is requested.

Utah, UCLA - damn. All I can say.

Texas, no 6? I don't think so. They won, but it was against Central Florida, and only by 3 points. Now Central Florida and South Florida are tough schools, but you're Texas, and you're #6.

Louisville got beat, they'll drop.

Georgia Tech - beat, Arkansas - beat (yay), both should drop.

Michigan WINS! Oh wait, they only beat Notre Dame. So Michigan is still in the hot seat. Ok, well, not Michigan but Lloyd Carr. Maybe Tommy Tuberville can give him some company after back-to-back losses against South Florida and Miss. State.

Stay tuned folks. More upsets to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast