Sneaky Affiliate tip for the office
    I once used to promote a mobile phone site with an affiliate program and at the company I work for I noticed one of my colleagues actually purchases phones for the company from the same site, if I had got the colleague to click on my affiliate link then I would had lots of nice sales. However this mobile company was notorious for commission cancellations so I refused to send them any traffic, or have anything to do with them.

So if you know people in your company who makes purchaes trying send them a link or actually going on their computer to click the link to set the cookie

I've aslo noticed colleagues signing up for credit cards but it's hard to get them to click your link without explaining that you are earning a commission from it

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    So wouldn't it be a lot better to explain affiliate marketing to them, and tell them if they were to click through your link it wouldn't cost any more and you would get a small commission from the merchant?

Quote Originally Posted by restless
    ... or actually going on their computer to click the link to set the cookie
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Unless you can afford to lose your job, you would be well advised to keep your sideline business completely away from your employer and your co-workers. Otherwise, it will come back to bite you. You think the joke is on them? Well, you may learn the joke is actually on you.

Why's it a joke on them? it doesn't harm them at all, they are purchasing anyway. Think about this way may already have cookies on their computers from website links they have clicked before, why can't it be your cookie?

Wink
    You're not suppose to be playing around on the internet at work doing personal things.

When you're at work you're suppose to be working.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

if you're doing your personal affiliate business at work(which this promoting of it would be), and you have an employee agreement, they may actually own your stuff. many agreements say that anything created on their time is theirs.

Does anyone have a script that can email CJ stats on a specified time interval? Or better yet, only send an email when a sale comes in?

That way you wouldn't have to even check stats during work hours - you'd just wait for the emails to come in, or could even forward the emails to your cell phone.

Hmm... maybe a good idea for a shareware (or freeware) program?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by restless
    Why's it a joke on them? it doesn't harm them at all, they are purchasing anyway. Think about this way may already have cookies on their computers from website links they have clicked before, why can't it be your cookie?
    If you have to ask, then you don't "get it" and if you get canned you'll be asking "what did I do?"

Not smart.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Be very careful about what you do "at the office" unless you own the business.

I learned a long time ago to take a lesson from dogs. It's a little crude but it makes sense: "Dogs don't where they eat."

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I know IT guys taht cookie stuff all the machines they work on for that purpose.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Be very careful about what you do "at the office" unless you own the business.

I learned a long time ago to take a lesson from dogs. It's a little crude but it makes sense: "Dogs don't where they eat."

Mine does.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thumbs down Canned
    CONFLICT OF INTEREST =

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread