Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    My Site Is Down Again
    Yesterday my site was down for 4 hours because my hosting company had hardware issues with routers. Once it was back up, the site would load so slow for another hour.

Now today, I see my site is down again. Been down going on 3 hours. I think I have gotten to the point where I may need to switch hosting.

I am not overly excited about the idea of having to migrate from one hosting to another.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, S.B.

Over the past 5 years have migrated "from one hosting to another" for 10+ times. It's worth it. You'll be happy once you find the provider you can trust.

Geno

Now I just need to decide on a hosting company that is better than the one I am one. I guess by better I am talking about better support and less outages. That should be easy to determine.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    You can always find a few of their customers sites and run a monitoring system on them for a week or two. Dont monitor the main host site, for some reason they are always up and on the best server and BB line.

My bad host is about 97% uptime..... Good 99%+

The bad one is about to get dropped.

I finally switched to a dedicated server after years of intermittent issues like this. It is hard to switch hosts but once you calculate out how much money you are losing, it will be easier to make the decision.

Tax Paying Member
    I have been with my host for 4 1/2 years. During that time, I tried 2 other host for 1 year each. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have not experienced downtown with any of the 3, with the exception of a few minutes here and there.

I have more downtime with my cable provider than I do with my host.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Yesterday my site was down for 4 hours because my hosting company had hardware issues with routers. Once it was back up, the site would load so slow for another hour.

Now today, I see my site is down again. Been down going on 3 hours. I think I have gotten to the point where I may need to switch hosting.

I am not overly excited about the idea of having to migrate from one hosting to another.
    Ouch, that's just unacceptable. Please leave and make sure they know exactly why you're leaving. Companies like this shouldn't think they can get away with poor service.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Ouch, that's just unacceptable. Please leave and make sure they know exactly why you're leaving. Companies like this shouldn't think they can get away with poor service.

- Scott
    So that's 4 hours today of downtime. That's 8 hours in 2 days. Ooof!

I am still trying to determine where I should go. I have about 6 web hosting names that I am trying to research.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    I finally switched to a dedicated server after years of intermittent issues like this. It is hard to switch hosts but once you calculate out how much money you are losing, it will be easier to make the decision.

I agree. The ultimate best solution is to purchase a server. We've hosted our own sites for several years and I can't remember the last time a site was down. Sorry to hear about your downage SB. Hope you get it resolved asap and implement a better solution.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Dedicated hosting is certainly worth the money.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

While any host can and will have occasional downtime, good ones guarantee over 99% uptime (and better ones add 9s after the decimal point).

Switching to dedicated doesn't necessarily mean no downtime.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Before you spend more money and get a fancy host, make sure your site is worth it. If you don't make much money, and the outages are when nobody's visiting anyway, then sticking with flaky host might not be so bad.
    I have a site on super-cheap hosting that I don't mind it going down now & then, but I use dedicated servers for my money site.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread