I'm looking to add a toll free number to a couple of my sites for customer service purposes. This would be for products that I'd be dropshipping and the merchant account company wants to see a toll free number there to make sure there's decent customer support. What I'd ideally like to do is have a number that will lead to a voicemail system where someone could leave a number and that would beep me (or someone that I pay to handle this) whenever there's a call. There are tons of companies that are currently offering such services, but I have no way of knowing which are reliable. If anyone has experience with this and can recommend a service, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Organic,
    We use Kall8 and I've been very happy with them. I don't use the toll-free a lot. Its fairly inexpensive. I could be biased because we offer Kall8 to our clients but I have heard no complaints.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out and if I use their service I'll go through your link. All the best, Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Organic,
    My post wasn't to advertise...just wanted to let you know that we use it and our clients use it and I've had no complaints

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

I can assure you that I never questioned your intentions. Clearly if you'd been trying for a commission you would have put the affiliate link in your reply, but you didn't. In fact, I looked at your site and saw that you had quite a few different toll free companies listed, and that you set Kall8 apart by pointing out that they are the ones you use yourself. I appreciate such open advice and since we work in a system that allows us to periodically reward each other with commissions, I saw no reason that I shouldn't throw a commission your way if I chose to follow your recommendation. All the best, Dave

Hello Organic,

We had an 800# in place before the holidays and discontinued it. We went back to the local phone number for orders and customer service to offer a $$$ incentive to purchase online. Too high a percentage of our orders were coming in via our call center. Call centers get expensive!

Please note... we have a system in place with SAS so that all phone orders are tracked and credited to the affiliate. We suggest doing the same... it's only fair, right.

Also, an 800# is only one sign of good service. The merchant account company you're working with sounds lazy. An 800# can easily give the appearance of good service, then go straight to voice mail as you describe.

We've found great 800# rates through Capsule Communications!

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

Thanks for the reply Frank. My intention is not actually to handle any orders via toll free numbers, just to offer customer service through them.

Since what we'll have is a voicemail system, you're right about creating the appearance of better customer service than will actually exist. However, though it may sound shallow, it's precisely that appearance that I'm going after at the moment. I think I may actually say on the website that the toll free number leads to a voicemail system as a way of encouraging more customers to use email for customer service. I'll check out that company you mentioned. Thanks for the response. Dave

Dave(Organic)

Kall8 is a great service and extremely flexible as well. You can set it up to go to voicemail, receive faxes, alternate ring-to destinations, etc. Voicemails and faxes then get emailed to you.

Depending on the volume, they might be a good choice, as they're a little higher than regular toll-free numbers like Capsule has. Capsule would involve switching your LD service, which might not be a bad thing. PowerNetGlobal(PNG) is also a good company that offers stand alone toll-free.

Good luck,

Chris B.

<b>"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."---Vince Lombardi</b>

ABW Ambassador
    If you are running multiple sites you can have multiple Toll-Free numbers on the same account with Kall8. This is an excellent way of tracking advertising, i.e. by using a unique 800 number on each site or in each publication. Your call detail records group the calls by number dialed and lists them in chronological order. They can all be pointed to the same phone line.

One thing that we did not see as well.

A scenerio that happened to us was that a certain website online decided that it would be amusing to tell their viewers to call us at our expense. Posted our toll free number online and highly recommended their viewers to keep calling us.

This cost us a ton of money. We had to discontinue the use of that toll free number after we started averaging over 100+ calls daily.

This cost us massive revenue losses, tied up support response, and all other kinds of variables.

We are currently trying to achieve the true identity of this service and keep tracking this sleeze ball service. Their WHOIS info was totally ficticious and we reported to ICANN. This same service keeps reopening their service at different hosts but we continue to keep closing this service down once we see they are live again.

This same service keeps using false WHOIS information and is continuing to still cost us money. ICANN is not much help here either (contrary to belief they would help, or intercede ... they don't).
    We cannot reveal the true identity of this service by posting here on the forum because we do have open legal litegation claims against this service when we do manage to find the true identity of owner/operator of this sleezy service. We plan on fully serving this service with multiple legal actions upon our discovery of owner identity.

We just thought you would want to keep note of this possibility and the ramifications of others actions and the potential costs that can be incurred by their actions to you.

Yes, we do agree with TH Media. Kall8 is a very good reputable service.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Speaking from experience, customer's love to hear a live customer service person to hear them out. Our company started with voicemail, then call forwarding + voicemail. Now we have over 20 customer service reps to take a much time educating customers on their printer or helping with a problem. It's expensive as hell, but customer service always pays for itself in the long run. A good customer service team generally seperate the best from the rest.

Is their any way you can take the calls directly during the peek hours of the day or can you invest in part time employees? If you can do it! Plus the best customer information is found out when the customer has a fresh problem. Best of luck!

123inkjets.com
    Mike Zaya
    President & CEO

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread