Question Does a merchant who uses PayPal provide commission?
    I am considering promoting a merchant that has a HUGE notice at the top of their landing page about the benefits of using PayPal for visitor purchases.

Does anyone here know if a sale will provide a commission to the affiliate if it goes through a merchant PayPal cart? I admittedly do not know if
    it's possible to use PP and still pass the sale amount/affiliate ID/merchant ID/commission amount onto SaS. Obviously we will drop them like a hot potato if they are trying to get around the SaS commission system!

Thanks for any feedback...

The PayPal system is just like any other cart so it should track (if it's coded correctly), there is no limitation nor incompatibility with SaS and PayPal.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I've seen quite a few problems with merchants who use PayPal checkout, not only with affiliate tracking but also with lost orders. If you use PayPal (or Google or anything else) in your checkout, it's essential that you implement it properly and test it extensively.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you Haiko for your very prompt reply.

The other concern I have about this merchant is the landing page (the one with the gigantic PayPal message at the top) that a visitor sees when they click an affiliate banner is NOT the home page that a person sees when they simply type in the domain name.

Unfortunately, the landing page is not particularly well designed, with poor navigation and a rather extreme amount of text, so I'll have to give some thought as to whether it will be effective for our visitors. I do wish their affilate code would simply point to their home page, the same way most merchants handle it. But that's their business I guess.

Thanks again for clearing up the PayPal question...

You can use the URLLINK= parameter to choose the landing page of your referral links. Then you can avoid that ugly PayPal page. There is a stickied thread in this forum that explains how to use URLLINK. Give it a try.

Thank you geminito for that excellent suggestion -- we will follow your advice. Much appreciated...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread