Question Multiple Adwords PPC campaigns on one domain???
    I've recently noticed that when I run 2 Adwords campaigns to the same domain (diff landing pages), my traffic for the "smaller" campaign seems to drop off significantly. By smaller, I mean it's got much, much less keywords.

The 2 campaigns are using entirely an entirely different set of keywords, and are for different landing pages within the site, so I wouldn't expect them to "conflict" as far as Adwords traffic goes. On several separate occassions though, when I've started up the second campaign (the biggest), the clickthrough un-explainably drops extremely in the first (smaller) campaign.

Has anyone else ever observed this?

Are you using subdomains?
    Quote Originally Posted by 212TomTom
    I've recently noticed that when I run 2 Adwords campaigns to the same domain (diff landing pages), my traffic for the "smaller" campaign seems to drop off significantly. By smaller, I mean it's got much, much less keywords.

The 2 campaigns are using entirely an entirely different set of keywords, and are for different landing pages within the site, so I wouldn't expect them to "conflict" as far as Adwords traffic goes. On several separate occassions though, when I've started up the second campaign (the biggest), the clickthrough un-explainably drops extremely in the first (smaller) campaign.

Has anyone else ever observed this?
    Are you using subdomains to do this? There was a post recently on another forum from someone who was using several domains on the same URL who experiend a drop in quality score and traffic.

Yes, I am using subdomains. You wouldn't happen to have a link to that other post, would you?

Thanks

I just remembered where the post was. It was in the PPCRiches forum which is a private forum so i can't really give you a link.

But here's the gist:

PPCRiches is that software that builds individualized landing pages for keywords and then links them back to articles it builds for your site to help improve your quality score. I've used it quite a bit and does well to drop your min bids.

So back to your situation:

One person had a generic domain and was putting various campaigns on subdomains and had a problem similar to yours (technically he noticed his quality score being reduced which then led to the dropoff in traffic).

However, those of use who use a generic domain and put the different campaigns in different subdirectories aren't experiencing this issue.

I would try running them in different subdirectories and see if you still have the problem.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread